Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind.
    hahaha. Thanks. Think I'm going with some children riddle. I'm posting that here so I can remember it sorry for the spam!!
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-02-02 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Didn't work. Question phrase is: Lol, man, u so philosophical?

Really would like a race change for gems. Kinda don't feel like running zones again to get WPs and stuff. But also don't like the Norn clothing options as much as Human.

Ehhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really would like a race change for gems. Kinda don't feel like running zones again to get WPs and stuff. But also don't like the Norn clothing options as much as Human.

Ehhhhh.
    I very much doubt that would ever happen

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I very much doubt that would ever happen
    It wouldn't be too hard to find a compromise.

If you finished your personal story it could just reset back to level 1 with no rewards at all this time around.

If you are in the middle of your story it could reset to level 1 and not reward anything till you gotten to a certain equivalent from your previous story.

Also LOL at people complaining about lvl 80 down scaled to lower level zones is too hard and unfair for a lvl 80.

People didn't get the memo of the point of downscaling.

About the change in downscaling, I haven't seen any difference. On people complaining about it, people would complain if they gave them a million dollars stating why wasn't a million and one.

Also LOL at people complaining about lvl 80 down scaled to lower level zones is too hard and unfair for a lvl 80.
    Find this hard to believe.

I just went to HH as a level 80 and ran the events literally one handed. I have a headache so I was resting my head on my hand. Just Wasd-ing and double tapping to dodge. 1, 2, 4. Dual sword Warrior.

Mehs.

Also I forgot about the Personal Story thing w/r/t race changes. Think my PS is like at level 3. Never even finished it. Dull as can be.

Ehhhhh.
    You know, the sad thing is I'm actually leveling an alt just to get a piece of armor I missed in the personal story of another character. (What can I say? I'm vain. :P) I totally wouldn't have a problem leveling up a new character for someone else if it weren't so taboo. :P Hell, I leveled 4/5 of my bf's characters. x_X

Also I forgot about the Personal Story thing w/r/t race changes. Think my PS is like at level 3. Never even finished it. Dull as can be.
    Yeah, sort of agree about the personal story. I think part of the problem, at least for me, is that this game came after swtor and tsw which have the best story presentation I've seen in an mmo (in my opinion). If I had never played those two then perhaps my opinion of the personal story in gw2 would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    You know, the sad thing is I'm actually leveling an alt just to get a piece of armor I missed in the personal story of another character. (What can I say? I'm vain. :P) I totally wouldn't have a problem leveling up a new character for someone else if it weren't so taboo. :P Hell, I leveled 4/5 of my bf's characters. x_X
    I have to do most of the grunt work for my husband. He is fine with leveling, although he goes painfully slow at it. All the extras and money making I have to do for him- equip his characters, get holiday goodies, dyes, etc. It's exhausting sometimes.

I get free jump puzzle and PVP bullshit out of it. But mehs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:02 PM ----------

this game came after swtor and tsw which have the best story presentation I've seen in an mmo (in my opinion).
    I agree about that.

But I think GW2's story is just really boring more so than the presentation being bad. Nothing like GW1.

Deleted
    Yeah, sort of agree about the personal story. I think part of the problem, at least for me, is that this game came after swtor and tsw which have the best story presentation I've seen in an mmo (in my opinion). If I had never played those two then perhaps my opinion of the personal story in gw2 would be better.
    I agree, but in this game I see it more as a gimmick, and especially something which adds immersion to a new MMORPG player or first character.

How fun do you find it to level up an alt? Of same race? Is it still fun? More fun than other MMORPGs?

Personally speaking, I really don't find leveling an alt in GW2 any better than other MMOs if it weren't for craft leveling. Which is still slower than other MMOs I played where I could bank Xp on a main and transfer it to a new alt to instantly ding max level.

In fact, I find GW2 far more tedious in subsequent play-through than most MMOs. Because I have to run all over the place to find WPs of areas I already visited again and again. And I have to do it way slower.

No mounts or significant speed boosters has been a sore spot for me since beta 1. I really am not having so totally novel experience every time I have to run all the way to Frostgorge to get hat one WP so I can do the dragon event occasionally.

Though I admit to not being a casual-a-tron who just loved leveling and picking herds in Nagrand.

I would pay a 1000 gems for an out of combat move speed buff that was like 1000% normal OOC run speed. Instead of equipping every move speed enhancing weapon and utility skill just to spare the painful run from the bank to the ah.

For fuck's sake.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-03 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah at some point this would piss people off (and then they ask for mounts etc). In SWTOR the movement speed increase was sometimes silly when you were kiting or it was bugged.

Maybe figure out which city has the shortest space between bank and AH and HS there. I heard for WoW it is Shatrath, tho my fav was Dalaran (till CRZ).

Thus far my level 10 asura elementalist has a completely different leveling experience than my level 50 mesmer but I'm curious how long it will last.

My level 50 mesmer has blink to escape mobs, and also mirror image and mass dispel I just use to get past mobs. That's my default utility skills.

For the healing, I am leveling a Warrior alt in Diessa Plateau at the moment and there are a number of events around that wipe out NPC. Often all of the NPC's in Nageling are killed (either by the Giant or the invading party) or alternatively, it will take you about 3 minutes to get all of the res's you need just north of the Blasted Moors waypoint. Always about 15 dead NPC's there and they die withing a minute of you healing them.

For the dodge one, my favorite is Frostgorge Sound. You just need to stand back and range the worms. After a few minute you will have all of the dodges done.

Personally I prefer the new approach by a long way, it's much more interesting. I always had to run around to get the last few kill types on the old system.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:41 AM ----------

In fact, I find GW2 far more tedious in subsequent play-through than most MMOs. Because I have to run all over the place to find WPs of areas I already visited again and again. And I have to do it way slower.
    I am quite the opposite. I am having a blast on my alt. The difference is that I made sure on my first char to only do certain areas. My goal is to get about 2 alts all through new zones. My main is 39% map completion. Each zone I went through I completed.

I don't really give a flip about mounts or anything. It's just super duper tedious to unlock waypoints. Especially because the game is wall-to-wall ACTION COMBAT, non-flippin-stop.

Also I have cleared every PVE zone and dungeon on like 4 characters already. So maybe the 18th time through Wayfarer Hills makes "OH Noes! Sons of Slasdfgfghjhkj are attacking the bear shrine!" a little less than knock-my-socks off thrilling when I just want the damn waypoint.

Just logged off because I go bored unlocking city waypoints for I don't know how many times now. Whatever, Arena.net.

Fencers, did you just unlock city waypoints for your 4th character and blame Arena.net for that being boring? Things tend to get boring if you repeat them and you know exactly what to expect.

I went back to Diessau Plateau today and noticed they had added some new events and mobs there. Nothing all to big, but still, kinda refreshing to see that they did implement new mobs and events like they said.

I have to do most of the grunt work for my husband. He is fine with leveling, although he goes painfully slow at it. All the extras and money making I have to do for him- equip his characters, get holiday goodies, dyes, etc. It's exhausting sometimes.
    My bf was initially upset because he didn't have any high level characters, which meant we were confined to zones below level 25 if we wanted to play together. I asked him if he wanted me to level a character for him so we could go anywhere and he loved that idea! Once I finished leveling the one character he asked me if I could work on another. Sure. :P You know what he says to me the other day? He's thinking of rerolling a couple of the characters I leveled because he doesn't feel like he knows what he's doing with them and would prefer to start from scratch. It's not rocket science!

I've always been the breadwinner in games. My bf is so frivolous with money and items it's infuriating sometimes, but he also has leagues better luck than I do. As an example, I get after him for using Unidentified Dyes because they're 20s each and odds are he'll just end up with something that sells for 1s. Wouldn't you know, he pops one open the other day and gets Black. If it'd been me I would have gotten something hideous like Sour that'd be worth next to nothing.

Ditto on the holiday stuff too. During Wintersday I had to do the jumping puzzle, the bells, and I forget what else. I think the only thing he did were the snowball fights and Tixx. I also did 100% of the Halloween achievement for him too.

Just logged off because I go bored unlocking city waypoints for I don't know how many times now. Whatever, Arena.net.
    I'm so sick of city map completion. I'm fairly certain they nerfed the EXP for it too, so I just don't bother anymore.

Deleted
    Logged in for the first time in 6 months, still level 4 and yup animation gfx still terrible.

Long.. drawn out sigh.. So not immersed.

hmpf, and here I thought the animations were pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Fencers, did you just unlock city waypoints for your 4th character and blame Arena.net for that being boring? Things tend to get boring if you repeat them and you know exactly what to expect.
    Yes, because the process is slow and tedious. You run at a snails pace in GW2. Speed should be a minimum twice as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    He's thinking of rerolling a couple of the characters I leveled because he doesn't feel like he knows what he's doing with them and would prefer to start from scratch. It's not rocket science!
    My IRL response to that would have been: >.>

I've always been the breadwinner in games. My bf is so frivolous with money and items it's infuriating sometimes, but he also has leagues better luck than I do.
    Hm. My husband isn't really frivolous. He doesn't spend much money. In fact, he buys nothing usually.

In GW1 he would hit the gold cap so often we bought other copies of the game to hold all his winnings.

It's more like my hubby doesn't really care for the "work" part. Also, he is very much a PVP player. So typically in games he wants to log in, do the "fun stuff" and log out. Occasionally he raids or "quests", huge " " around quest. But he won't have the patience to like grind up a full exotic set or t90 gear to raid.

Whereas I am secretly a 13 year old Asian boy chained to a computer clicking the grind button.

I'm so sick of city map completion. I'm fairly certain they nerfed the EXP for it too, so I just don't bother anymore.
    I don't even do it for completion anymore. You just literally need waypoints every where in this game or you can't reasonably travel and play with people.

"Hey guys, this fun event is happening!"
    "Sweet. Invite me."
    "Oh, I don't have a waypoint near there. Hold on, while I run from Brisbane Wilds to Kessex to Gendarran Field to get to that underwater waypoint in Harathi Highlands so I can meet you for the event in the cave."

Gag me with a spoon.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-03 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Oh that problem with not having the dungeon entrance I had too when I did dungeon. That's not very socially implemented given you hold the group back, and it can take a long time to get there. So spoiled from LFD. But the map completion should just be account-wide IMO. They didn't think of alts in that regard. OTOH, here too, if you look at WoW Cata -> MoP, MoP is so much less alt-friendly. Is that bad? Not sure on that one. But for me thus far leveling is completely not grindy, at all, I can't remember having such a blast at leveling up in a game as in GW2 and I knew it was awesome from beta. Unfortunately I had no time to play GW2 after release due to MoP but now I'm on WoW hiatus, so...

Dailies I just do if I feel like it. If I don't play the game a day I do not feel any remorse whatsoever. The luxury of playing casual. God, did I feel guilty if I didn't do a one daily in start of MoP....

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post

I am quite the opposite. I am having a blast on my alt. The difference is that I made sure on my first char to only do certain areas. My goal is to get about 2 alts all through new zones. My main is 39% map completion. Each zone I went through I completed.
    Same here, fun goal. On my mesmer I'm only doing the areas where my personal story line is. I hope the asura elementalist will stay on its own unique path if she does the same.