Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Jumping puzzles arent instead of, and nothing is hidden and nor do you 'stumble' upon jumping puzzles, there is a great big red sign saying jump here. Afaic the lack of true exploration is astounding everything is labelled for you, really couldnt fathom why.
    I think what you are talking about are Vistas, not Jumping Puzzles. Vistas are small JPs, yes - but the real JPs aren't marked on the map at all.

All the jumping puzzles my husband and I have done were things completely stumbled on. There were no "signs" of such.

Some of them you can only find by accident least you read some external guide.

Don't know the name of the puzzle, but there was one in a cave that had a sheet of ice between two crevices. There was nothing around this opening and the ice blocked the crevice. Which led to like 3 chambers, a free fall section and pipe/trap section and finally to a boss.

It's not till you leave the entire complex that the achievement even pops up that it was a puzzle.

The above was found only because I got lost and fell off a rock.

There is one in BTC that is underwater. Which my sister found by accident trying to unlock the zone [chantry of secrets eluded her]. Had she not been poking into all corners of the map looking for the final POI, we would have not known of the puzzle.

Etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Jumping puzzles arent instead of, and nothing is hidden and nor do you 'stumble' upon jumping puzzles, there is a great big red sign saying jump here. Afaic the lack of true exploration is astounding everything is labelled for you, really couldnt fathom why.
    Those are only the Vistas. The real jumping puzzles are discovered, so yes they are hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    * Epic quest chains (a long series of tasks that progressively takes you from doing simple things to amazing feats all around the world, grants unique rewards and tells you a part of the lore -- Vanilla WoW had a few good ones (Scepter of the Shifting Sands for example, and some smaller ones during WotLK and Cata))
    I wish they'd done something like this in regards to obtaining legendary weapons, although soloable. Epic quest chains that really challenge the individual player are sorely missing in all MMOs. The last ones I even remember were for the epic class weapons in WoW, like Benediction, and even those you couldn't start without being in a raid.

If you played EQ, you will know how much easier GW2's "legendary weapons" are to obtain than EQ's epic weapon quest chains.

Most games these days are made for wittle babies w/r/t epic quests.

Same thing with commander TBH. It's basically a WvW feature but so many people running around with their tag are just clueless and they rob numbers from good players

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I wish they'd done something like this in regards to obtaining legendary weapons, although soloable. Epic quest chains that really challenge the individual player are sorely missing in all MMOs. The last ones I even remember were for the epic class weapons in WoW, like Benediction, and even those you couldn't start without being in a raid.
    Yessss.

I would love it if legendary weapons had an AQ-like quest chain. Right now it's just dump expensive materials into the Forge and shiny comes out :/
    (even though those materials are ridiculous -- but still)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think what you are talking about are Vistas, not Jumping Puzzles. Vistas are small JPs, yes - but the real JPs aren't marked on the map at all.
    Lol, he's kind of married to that idea and won't let go. He said the same thing months ago after the game launched, we told him then that jump puzzles and vistas aren't the same thing and he still wants to believe! He's gonna die when he finally finds a real jump puzzle rofl.

Dray, look at this:
    http://gw2cartographers.com/

The jump puzzle locations on this 3rd party site are identified by the treasure map icon. That icon does not exist in the game, in game the jump puzzles are hidden.
    Valar morghulis

So, um, tried to get my first laurel today.

Wowza, the current dailies are a massive pain in the ass. Can't wait for the daily change thing.

Spent like 30 mins dodge rolling all over the place in Orr, Brisbane Wilds and Frostgorge to trigger that thing. Is it bugged or something? Because I would see the EVADE! message from like 3-4 sources at once. Yet didn't get any credit and kept having to swap zones / find huge mob packs to pull.

Would rather kill 10 rats then this type of daily. -_-

I've never had it bug out for me, it might be for you. If you see the evade message, you should get credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So, um, tried to get my first laurel today.

Wowza, the current dailies are a massive pain in the ass. Can't wait for the daily change thing.

Spent like 30 mins dodge rolling all over the place in Orr, Brisbane Wilds and Frostgorge to trigger that thing. Is it bugged or something? Because I would see the EVADE! message from like 3-4 sources at once. Yet didn't get any credit and kept having to swap zones / find huge mob packs to pull.

Would rather kill 10 rats then this type of daily. -_-
    You might want to check to make sure your computer clock is correct. The dailies are tied to your computer clock, some people have had problems trying to complete the wrong daily.

Otherwise, dodging the young karka in Southsun is really easy. Gets multiple dodges for the spitfire projectiles.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You might want to check to make sure your computer clock is correct. The dailies are tied to your computer clock, some people have had problems trying to complete the wrong daily.
    Hm. Good tip.

Perhaps that was the problem. I started the dailies last night around 3am. Then went to sleep. Thought I would get credit if I finished them today. Which I did, but not 100% sure if I am/was on the same daily if what you say is true.

Thanks.

Otherwise, dodging the young karka in Southsun is really easy. Gets multiple dodges for the spitfire projectiles.
    My thinking was to dodge the turrets that shoot like 10 missiles at once. Multiple EVADE messages, but results were as explained above.

I'll make note to do them all in one day tomorrow. See if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I'll make note to do them all in one day tomorrow. See if anything changes.
    You might not have the dodge daily tomorrow but the computer clock is a good tip.

Right, so I've decided to try WvWvW for the first time ever (had the game since September lol) because why not.

10 minutes into the battle I get killed by an enemy player.
    Ressed at a waypoint and realised you actually lose durability when killed in PvP... I was like "umm, NOPE" and ported out of the zone.

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a game in a while, what the actual f.

Then don't die?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Then don't die?
    That's a splendid advice, I wonder if anyone who does PvP has ever thought about using that tactic.

Shouldn't there be a penalty for dying? I mean it's trivial enough as it is... they gotta have some kind of inconvenience / penalty.

There is no death timer from what I see of WvW. Also I am told WvW is like a broken atm raining dollar bills everywhere. Supposedly highly lucrative game mode.

It works for me.

If you want a game mode without a penalty for dying (other than time) then try sPVP.

You get money from WvW so I don't see a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Right, so I've decided to try WvWvW for the first time ever (had the game since September lol) because why not.

10 minutes into the battle I get killed by an enemy player.
    Ressed at a waypoint and realised you actually lose durability when killed in PvP... I was like "umm, NOPE" and ported out of the zone.

That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a game in a while, what the actual f.

LOL! You get loot when you kill other players so it works out. Tag those bitches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twRXCZXFCL0
    Valar morghulis