Right, my comment that you quoted (going more towards instanced content) probably was out of line. Just thinking of it due to my current situation in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I was lucky in wow. I found a great guild of people when I first started playing (at release). Heck they kept me in the guild even though I took extended breaks (4 and 5 months a couple of times). If it wasn't for that guild, I wouldn't have played past November of 2004. Incidentally, when those folks stopped playing, I quit permanently. So it wasn't about the game but about the people I played with.
    Mine actually made me enjoy raiding. :P I'd go just because hanging out with them in vent was a riot. Unfortunately, a lot of them quit before Cata and I think all but a few quit before MoP. Everyone just kind of went their separate ways. I ended up moving and during the several month hiatus I was gone a bunch of people transferred, a bunch of people outright quit to focus on their real life responsibilities, and I sadly lost touch with almost all of them. Of the ones I do still talk to none of them have had the same interest in games I have.

I probably would have still played WoW though if Cata weren't the worst expansion ever. I will give it this, it cured whatever remaining WoW addiction I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Right, my comment that you quoted (going more towards instanced content) probably was out of line. Just thinking of it due to my current situation in the game.
    Personally speaking, I am only interested in GW2 as casual play experience. I enjoy jumping in to make small progress here & there in 1 or 2 hour play sessions. Traveling zones at my leisure.

I have done all the dungeon paths and fractals. Though the majority of my time is spent just wandering the world for events. Can't say I have felt any pressure to do dungeons, or the need to.

Monthly achievement is the only thing I miss out on. As that involves PVP it is pretty much out of reach anyway. And frankly, I have nothing to spend karma on. Think I even hit the karma cap once.

Obviously, everyone plays a little differently. Though looking at the game systems in play GW2 offers quite a lot for the open world without forcing players to continue progress through instances.

yeah, I just want more open world stuff (open the crystal desert pretty please), change up the events, make them more interesting, put in some more interesting looking armors (that aren't dungeon based), add in some compelling reason to why we fight in WvW.

if they never add another dungeon to the game, I'd be perfectly content

My friend, you want Archeage and Everquest Next.

The ironic thing about me ranting about instanced content is that other game I'm currently playing is torchlight 2. But they are completely different types of games so meh, just thinking out loud, don't mind me.

I would like more high level events spread out so everyone's not clustered together in the same spot (e.g. pent/shelt). Either that or make all drops scale so it's not such a gratuitous loss of income to do lower level zones at level 70+.

I really don't understand why their armors fail so hard. I've seen the cosmetic stuff they had in GW1 and it's all 100x better than most of the stuff in GW2. Makes no sense to me. I also wish they'd put in a little more effort with Asura and Charr armors. I get that they're not supposed to be froo-froo pretty like they are on humans, but most of it is just damn ugly for no real reason. There's no reason this should look like that:

They don't even look like the same armor! They need to take some tips from Tera as to how to make the same armor look amazing on all races.

well, tera's races are almost human or human like, so I'm not sure that is a fair comparison

but they do a good job of that I agree

The one game in which I wish GW2 would take their armor from is Vindictus.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2013-02-22 at 08:41 PM.

I think there's enough difference between races like the Popori and the Aman though. Popori would just be short, fat Charr and Aman would be taller, scalier Asura. ;P

Lane: all drops do scale, or have a chance to scale. It's something they improved last month,. (see https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/d...ng-adjustment/) Not saying it's perfect, but loot drops do scale

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

The only difference in Tera races were ears, feet and boobs.

Tera has the best shoes and clothes I have ever seen in a video game- online or offline. They must have gone to boutiques and photographed shoes, blouses and jackets for Tera's clothing models.

Ages after... finally got 100% world completion! \o/
    For me its rather big achieve since never was a type to clear all zones in wow etc. before. First game that I actually wanted to do so and enjoyed it a lot while doing it.
    When it comes to those new gear parts - atm I give a crap about it and not really a fan of them being there either.

Well, looking at the higher level tiers in Tera they look significantly different per race, but you can still tell what tier they are and for the most part they look good on everyone. I guess I may as well post an example. :P

Same armor, distinctly different look, both look totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Lane: all drops do scale, or have a chance to scale.
    Well, it's not 100%. I still get level 9 drops when I roam around Queensdale on my 80s, for example. More importantly, bag/crafting material/salvage drops do not scale and that's where a lot of the $$ is. If they did it'd make a big difference in the profitability of doing lower level content. As it is, every moment you're not in Orr or I suppose Southsun Cove to some extent you're essentially losing copious amounts of potential profit (for every small venom sac that drops that isn't a potent venom sac, etc.).

Screenshots above made me log in to Tera as of 2 mins ago. Game is so beautiful.

LOVE all the scarves, sashes, asymmetrical collars and fur lining in the game. It's like two of most enjoyable things in human history merged; 70s glam rock and video games.

A light armor user in Tera could walk by in an outfit not too far from this: link. And its fabulous and wonderful.

Now playing.

My only gripes with Guild Wars 2 is the cosmetic system [which includes how disgusting most of the clothing looks], lack of AOE looting and UI.

If Anet just had more modern art direction and a UI as customizable as Rift, Tera or GW1-- I'd be pretty damn well happy from an entertainment POV.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-22 at 09:21 PM.

I agree about UI customization.

Disagree about the art direction, it has the best art of any mmo that I have ever played.

In the world, yes.

In characters and clothing, vomit-tron.

Subjective. :P I still think Rift's the most beautiful game world I've seen (though a lot of WoW with updated graphics would look amazing), even moreso than Tera (though I've been told I'm nuts for thinking that). As for clothes, Tera hands down for sure.

Hard to say about character models. I do think GW2 did a good job with the Charr, but the humans look really cartoony to me, at least the females do.

The best character models I've seen in an mmo was age of conan.

I am slightly obligated to be like, "agree to disagree". However, Rift is fairly hideous looking and World of Warcraft looks like baby vomit after they accidentally eat a box of crayons.

Pretty hard for me to agree to disagree when GW2 equivalent light armor compared to the design excellence of Tera is like this, literally:

Erm, yea.

how does that dress stay on her...top?