As long as the fights are spread out there won't be lag. In WvW (t1) we only get lag when there's big zergs going for SM (really big zergs), as long as they're just going for towers etc it's fine though.

Lol I actually think that's a pretty damn good idea Arrow. There are definitely opportunities to be had with large scale PvE (+siege or other interesting mechanics).

Yeah that is a pretty good idea. I actually thought the fight versus Zhaitan might have been something like that but it just ended up being in an instance.

Yeah, that's how I orr-iginally imagined Orr (pun intended) was going to play out. It's a great idea.
    (And I can hear the collective groans of the internet at that pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

The idea behind the the meta events were pitched with that same basic concept of a "siege" a page ago. Conceptually, it's the same type of gameplay mechanics as advertised in the shatterer encounters or tacosalad.

Though I always remained skeptical of the open world encounters to actually deliver on those advertisements. That was one of the first multi thread debates I participated in on these forums. With a few regular users pulling their hair out telling me I was wrong.

/Smile

Don't worry. My sense of self sanctification sustains me. Always.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-19 at 06:55 PM.

Speaking of Orr, I really would like to see it evolve. With their living world focus I'm hoping for some permanent changes to the world as a result of it. I actually really like Orr (other than the numerous Risen). And I think it has fascinating lore that should be expanded on. I hope ArenaNet doesn't sleep on it.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle it. It'd be nice if they did something (probably with each expansion) to update some of the areas, such as Orr; while the personal story would no longer be current, they could handle it similarly to how they handled the tutorial content in the GW1 campaigns, as being concurrent with the first campaign, and thus being told the story, rather than living it, while still experiencing it (from a character, rather than player, perspective, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Orreans will ever become playable, especially when the Orr zones changes. This came to my mind while talking to an Asura, who found out that the Orreans are just doing what they did in their former life (like farmers etc.) and not out of pure evil.

Aren't Orrians human? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Aren't Orrians human? O_o
    Orrians are corrupted humans, Asura, Charr, Norn and Sylvari (I'm not sure if I've seen a c. Sylvari though).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Orrians are corrupted humans, Asura, Charr, Norn and Sylvari (I'm not sure if I've seen a c. Sylvari though).
    Are you sure about them being Sylvari?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Sylvari can't be resurrected / corrupted in terms of Zhaitan's army afaik. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the personal stories.

But yes, I thought about the ancient (human) orreans, forgot all the Asura / Norn / Charr ones for a monent.

It seems they had their rich culture, even the founders of modern Tyria came from Orr. Would it be unlikely to add them as a playable race?
    GW1 had only humans, just with different ethnic looks (Cantha/Elona expansions). I often can't tell if someone is a female human or a female norns character.

I'm not far in my personal story, does someone know if the nightmare-courts has something to do with Orrian corruption? (Don't forget the spoiler-warning)

Deleted
    Without Spoilertag:

No

I tought back when Flame and Frost event begun new xpac gonna come after event is finished. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I tought back when Flame and Frost event begun new xpac gonna come after event is finished. :P
    Pretty sure new expac wont be announced until July/August. This patch will be last patch for Flame and Fros and i'm guessing they will do another live story + more additions to the current world (karka island anyone?) before they announce a new expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Would it be unlikely to add them as a playable race?
    Anything's possible, I just think it would be overkill when you already have a human race and a race that are essentially just large humans in terms of aesthetics.

Personally, I'd be all over Largos as playable, but it sounds like Tengu might be the direction they're going to for the next race. Meh to that. :P

I'd rather see a "Caverns of Time" for Orr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Tengu o.O

Tengu seem unlikely since we won't be going to Cantha supposedly and that's where the first part of their lore started. I've got a feeling that if we get a new race it's going to be Kodan

Why would Tengu need to start in Cantha? (and who says cantha won't be next expansion)
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.