They don't need to start there, their lore started there. We had Tengu in proph but they were just "critters" but with cantha they started giving them a back story.

There are quite a few rumors about a-net ditching cantha since it was seen as racist towards asians.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    They don't need to start there, their lore started there. We had Tengu in proph but they were just "critters" but with cantha they started giving them a back story.

There are quite a few rumors about a-net ditching cantha since it was seen as racist towards asians.
    Dont see why, Asians make Asian MMO's all the time.

I'm not saying it's racist or anything, I really couldn't care less. What I heard was that because of cantha using folklore from different cultures some ppl got upset.

As much as I'd love to see Cantha, I really doubt we'll ever see it. Blame NCSoft on that.

I could have sworn I saw a dev post saying something along the lines of if they did add another playable race they'd be leaning toward Tengu, but I can't find it and 5 minutes worth of searching is all I'm willing to give the subject. :P I did find this on the wiki though:

"According to the Making of Guild Wars 2 book, the tengu were a strong candidate for the playable races, with the Dominion of Winds to be their starter city."

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post

There were similar rumors or concerns about Blizzard doing Pandaria and putting the Pandarens in the game but here we are with them all over the place. Blizzard didn't care and I hope A-net/NcSoft doesn't care either and goes through with it, want to explore this Cantha since I've yet to play GW1. Also want to go further north and punch Jormag in the face. Whether we get Cantha or not, I still want the Tengu as playable and Kodan too.

I think I'm the only one who hates the Kodan. :P I might have liked them if they weren't bears and you could actually tell the genders apart. The first time I encountered a Kodan was in a cut scene during my Norn's personal story. It wasn't until the end of that arc that I found out the Koda I'd been speaking to was supposed to be female. x_X

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the vibe that Cantha set. The music was just amazing aswell. Those sprawling corridors in the city, it was just great imo. I really hope Anet dabbles with Cantha and Elona aswell. Palawa Joko needs to be dealt with.

I wonder. If they added Cantha, would they add a new class since we'd likely be getting new weapon types?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

No clue on that. If they did add Cantha I think it would be at least a couple of years away. There are so many areas available for expansion on Tyria's continent before we venture off to Cantha (if NCSoft even lets them).

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have to go to Cantha to add the Tengu, I mean they have a freaking huge zone that has it's borders in Lion's Arch, Kessex Hills and Caledon Forest. Even if I don't care about Tengu as a playable race, I'd like to see what behind all those walls.

Afaik the tengu migrated to Cantha so it's sort of logical that they would get released together.

I hated Cantha out of all GW games that one was by far the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think I'm the only one who hates the Kodan. :P I might have liked them if they weren't bears and you could actually tell the genders apart. The first time I encountered a Kodan was in a cut scene during my Norn's personal story. It wasn't until the end of that arc that I found out the Koda I'd been speaking to was supposed to be female. x_X
    What is this blasphemy!? How can you hate the Kodan they look so badass!

No, Meledelion, they migrated out of Cantha when Cantha became xenophobic and closed their borders and exiled non-Canthans from the land

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

They're so condescending. -.-
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Oh I got it backwards, stupid me.

Deleted
    To me, Cantha is a must. It's too much to pass, too many mysteries and new things to pass on.

The closest we have to Cantha is the Jade Maw fractal

10+ Year Old Account
    I must agree that Cantha was ugly as hell. Took me several days to get out of that mega-city, but it was just depressing in there. Most of Cantha I have seen was like one big ghetto filled with abominations.

Looking at GW2's loading screens, the artist who draws all that fantasy-skyscrapers is still with them.
    If Cantha comes back, let's hope that a huge dragon stomped all those workmen's lockers to bits.

Elona on the other hand, was just beautyful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I must agree that Cantha was ugly as hell. Took me several days to get out of that mega-city, but it was just depressing in there. Most of Cantha I have seen was like one big ghetto filled with abominations.

Looking at GW2's loading screens, the artist who draws all that fantasy-skyscrapers is still with them.
    If Cantha comes back, let's hope that a huge dragon stomped all those workmen's lockers to bits.

Elona on the other hand, was just beautyful.
    I got to agree that Kaineng City was really depressing to do missions in. While I liked the story to some degree, the map layout was annoying. Behind every corner there were traps and assassins.

However, when finally outside the city, I really, really loved the atmosphere there. Echovald Forest was beautiful, and the music was epic, the Kurzick Theme was my favourite.

The Jade Sea with the Luxons was pretty awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    How can you hate the Kodan they look so badass!
    They're just polar bears. O_o They don't even have any real flourish in their design. Not that I'm sure it would have helped because I hate bears, always have, even teddy bears. I've never understood the appeal of the creatures.