10+ Year Old Account
    As a thief main, im also liking those.

zito I think you got the patch horribly wrong...
    They reduced mantra cast time again which does nothing about how horrible they are and sacrifice too many trait points and utility slots to be useful compared to null field which gives a combo field + aoe cond remover. Signet buff does not change how shitty the actual signets are and will still be ignored. I can never get a warrior off me, it's snare reduction is redundant and not even needed (the regen with it will be overwritten anyway by a stronger guardian or ele regen, what they needed was something against damaging conditions so they don't have to opt for -cond duration in wvw).

Warrior damage buff is not needed either (They hurt everyone except bunkers but that is the point of bunkers). Necro minion HP buff is not the problem with necro minions. It's their fucked up AI they haven't fixed since beta.

So no I don't think I got the patch wrong from what they told us.

my dagger/dagger elementalist is going to be sad, I don't mind staff but dagger/dagger is so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    my dagger/dagger elementalist is going to be sad, I don't mind staff but dagger/dagger is so much fun
    It's actually only a nerf if you are running away from a target. Most d/d ele's I see now pick ether renewel over signet nowadays.

Yeah, I don't think it will be too bad. I don't pvp much with my elementalist anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why do they think giving mesmer signets a power buff will fix the signets from being shitty? People don't take them not because they don't get damage from them but because THEY ARE CRAP. And LOL at mantra cast time reduction, because a .5 sec cast time reduction will make them not suck ass in pve or pvp (you're giving up too much group utility and have to devote a lot of traits for them to be useful FOR ONLY YOURSELF).

Really about to reroll warrior or guardian to get some build diversity.

and necro minions get extra hp? That wasn't their fucking problem for the last 6 months. Their problem is that they don't attack or wander off somewhere but rangers get a pet AI improvement?

And LOL at warrior damage buff, like they needed more damage (they needed more surv against conditions not snare conditions..)
    They reduced mantra cast time again which does nothing about how horrible they are and sacrifice too many trait points and utility slots to be useful compared to null field which gives a combo field + aoe cond remover. Signet buff does not change how shitty the actual signets are and will still be ignored. I can never get a warrior off me, it's snare reduction is redundant and not even needed (the regen with it will be overwritten anyway by a stronger guardian or ele regen, what they needed was something against damaging conditions so they don't have to opt for -cond duration in wvw).

Warrior damage buff is not needed either (They hurt everyone except bunkers but that is the point of bunkers). Necro minion HP buff is not the problem with necro minions. It's their fucked up AI they haven't fixed since beta.

So no I don't think I got the patch wrong from what they told us.
    1. signet buff isn't targeted towards mesmers, it's targeted to all signets regardless.
    2. I agree about mantras
    3. Warriors only viable pvp spec is hammer PD bunker
    4. Again, not just ranger ai gets improved, all ai from minions gets improved => ranger, necro, mesmer
    5. They buff 1% outgoing dmg it's not that big of a deal...
    6. Actually the biggest complaint from warriors has been that they a) get kited for ages and b) are very immobile. They also have some of the best condi removal out there skill wise (mending, shake it off+traits)
    4. Warriors don't even spec into dmg... (and if you're thinking about HB, all I can say is LOL)
    5. Will allegedly be fixed

TLDR, lots of QQ for no reason

Regarding ele. I think the nerf will be felt quite noticably. The strong point of ether renewal was that you could make yourself immune to burst conditions(mist form) and ER to get rid of them. Switching back to signet doesn't seem viable if they actually do fix the "triple procs" etc.

As the Flame and Frost storyline has progressed, past content within that story has been available. You can still play through that previously released content.

The Flame and Frost storyline will culminate in the new dungeon, the Molten Weapons Facilities. This dungeon is available for a limited period of time.

When the storyline for Flame and Frost ends, the Flame and Frost content will go away.

Of course, we are planning more content for Living World, with new stories to experience, and you will get to experience that content even if you haven’t participated in the events of Flame and Frost.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1900725

Not cool :/

Well it was obvious it will go away, kinda has no point in staying after the coming patch. I just hope I can experience the new dungeon as I have exams until Mid-May. Fingers-crossed it will stay for the whole of May!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Well it was obvious it will go away, kinda has no point in staying after the coming patch. I just hope I can experience the new dungeon as I have exams until Mid-May. Fingers-crossed it will stay for the whole of May!
    I'm sure it will stay active till the next patch which if the current patch release holds won't come out till the end of May. Also the next patch might not even have a different living story start up giving them a reason to keep the Flame & Frost stuff around a little longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I'm sure it will stay active till the next patch which if the current patch release holds won't come out till the end of May. Also the next patch might not even have a different living story start up giving them a reason to keep the Flame & Frost stuff around a little longer than that.
    Yeah I think so too. Having it stay for only a week or two doesn't make much sense in my opinion. About the Living Story, I'm not sure if they will make a new one so soon. They might wait for a month or two before coming out with something. Plus, summer is coming and lot's of people will be out on vacations and whatnot so they might wait a little

I thought of a way to improve solo-content in GW2 without hurting the design to play with other players: Soloplayers unlock challenges for other random people around - "content for small groups"

give it a read if you're interested

http://intothemists.com/calc/

Today this became the best gw2 trait calculator in the world.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-04-29 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://intothemists.com/calc/

Today this became the best gw2 trait calculator in the game.
    Ohhhh, shiny.

Also, hi everyone xD

Deleted
    The new instance shows they polished their dungeon design a lot. The Endboss is the most fun PvE fight to date in GW2

a little offtopic question, looking for help:

do you think this notebook is a good choice for GW2? Is this a good enough CPU? I know the systemrequirements of GW2 but I have no clue how to compare the individual components - I'm bad at this.

That's a pretty powerful notebook. My laptop is worse (similar CPU but weaker GPU) and I get a really smooth gameplay with ~medium video settings. You probably won't be able to turn everything on max but otherwise you'll be more than fine.

Tried the new dungeon, the two bosses are pretty fun and awesome. Still the bit about rewards, I believe the only reason to do it again is for a bit of karma and the chance to get a jetpack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Tried the new dungeon, the two bosses are pretty fun and awesome. Still the bit about rewards, I believe the only reason to do it again is for a bit of karma and the chance to get a jetpack?
    And the pet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rr6f3EwOyiU

(was 48g yesterday, 67g today)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    And the pet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rr6f3EwOyiU

(was 48g yesterday, 67g today)
    "With Guild Wars 2, we want you to play how you want to play. Anything in game will be lootable anywhere regardless of how you want to play."..... Well, until we decide bollocks to it all. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    "With Guild Wars 2, we want you to play how you want to play. Anything in game will be lootable anywhere regardless of how you want to play."..... Well, until we decide bollocks to it all. ;p
    Yeah pretty much. Put all of the cool things in the rng boxes.

It's a freaking epidemic in all mmos now too, I hate it.