10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, RNG doesn't bother me so bad in this game since I'm not locked out of content by not having these items.
    Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't. Either way it's no biggie.

The kind of RNG I find truly awful, the kind that locks you out of content goes like this:

1) Yay! You got that lucky drop! You are a good player!
    2) Damn. You didn't get that lucky drop. This season you SUCK, you are ska-ROOD, no amount of time invested, money spent, skill or ability will help you get better. Get on the bench or go down a few notches and play with the other "bad" players.

That kind of RNG is just obnoxious.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-05-01 at 10:22 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Anything in game will be lootable anywhere regardless of how you want to play
    Anet never stated this BS

Hm. I really like the shield, but I'm not sure it's worth ~18g. I would have liked the bow better if it weren't that shimmery blue, it doesn't really go with the theme of my ranger. I think the quiver and mace are meh.

The cheetah Charr backpack is super cute though, definitely going to snag one of those when prices come down if I don't luck upon one myself. The 'killer whale' quaggan is also cute. Still waiting for the Tybalt backpack though, I will have that for ALL the chars! :P

Is there anything else besides the mini and rocket booster from the 5-man? I think the fused gauntlets are ugly.

I got mini firestorm on my very first run

do I get a cookie? CAUSE IM ROLLIN IN DOUGH BABY

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I HATE YOU... nah I don't .... I hate you
    nah I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I HATE YOU... nah I don't .... I hate you
    nah I don't
    Sold for 60g cause i needed money :'(

(fucking expensive transmutation stones that never drop from daily)

So tempted to buy killer quaggon backpack

but those eyebrows....

do you have ideas how to create open world dungeons properly? If so, you're welcome to contribute your ideas in this reddit-post.

it’s all about bringing some coordinated challenging gameplay into the open world outside of dungeons, but don’t forget casual players who can also contribute in a meaningfull and less stressful way.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-05-02 at 07:35 AM.

Nice, if i got it i would have kept it though because i like the minis.

I don't like you anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have ideas how to create open world dungeons properly? If so, you're welcome to contribute your ideas in this reddit-post.

it’s all about bringing some coordinated challenging gameplay into the open world outside of dungeons, but don’t forget casual players who can also contribute in a meaningfull and less stressful way.
    Flame Temple Ruins is an example for a mini-dungeon where you need a coordinated team. Entrance gated through a DE-series, several rooms opening after a puzzle is solved (which can't be done alone).
    (sry I don't post on Reddit).

Edit: Question about all that minis. Collecting them seems to be one aspect of the game - but I really never see them. Not in the cities, not outside - I think I noticed ONE player having a miniature out since gamestart. Compared to GW1 or WoW, where you see minipets all the time, I' asking myself if there is something horribly wrong with them. Do you have to put them out each time you enter a new zone?
    Last edited by Rhywolver; 2013-05-02 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    They need an Inventory slot to carry around.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Do you have to put them out each time you enter a new zone?
    More minis = less bag/bank space.

In a game where you have to pay for those things, it's not a surprise that most people don't fool with them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    More minis = less bag/bank space.

In a game where you have to pay for those things, it's not a surprise that most people don't fool with them.
    they have a seperate slot in the bank, like each of the crafting materials

10+ Year Old Account
    they have a seperate slot in the bank, like each of the crafting materials
    I thought you had to physically have it on you in your bags to use? I haven't tried to use one pretty much since the beginning of the game so I could be remembering it wrong.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I thought you had to physically have it on you in your bags to use? I haven't tried to use one pretty much since the beginning of the game so I could be remembering it wrong.
    It works that way as far as I know: To use a miniature, you have to have them inside your bags. You can store them inside your bank, where each miniature has it's own place like crafting materials and stack up to 250. However, if you use the inventory option 'store all materials', your miniatures also disappear from your inventory, and the only way to prevent is to put them in safeboxes.

What I don't know is if miniatures have to be used every time after using portals / waypoints (like it was in WoW for several years), if they can be used everywhere, and if they are visible all the time (maybe they won't show up for players like me who don't have very high performance settings, especially in towns).

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    They have just said that the dungeon will be temporary, not for how long though.

I believe they do this because its a different team creating the dungeons now, and they are giving it a test to see what the feedback will be like, if that model is something to go after.
    I believe they´ve said that the dungeon will be there until 12th of May, but i´m not 100% sure about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    It works that way as far as I know: To use a miniature, you have to have them inside your bags. You can store them inside your bank, where each miniature has it's own place like crafting materials and stack up to 250. However, if you use the inventory option 'store all materials', your miniatures also disappear from your inventory, and the only way to prevent is to put them in safeboxes.

What I don't know is if miniatures have to be used every time after using portals / waypoints (like it was in WoW for several years), if they can be used everywhere, and if they are visible all the time (maybe they won't show up for players like me who don't have very high performance settings, especially in towns).
    I just think in a game where inventory is regulated by real money and where it's such a hassle to use them that's the answer to the question of why no one has them. I don't see them often either.
    BAD WOLF

I was hoping they would have a special slot just for mini's. But GW1 never had anything like that (you had to store all of them in your bags/bank) so I don't expect GW2 to have any sort of function like that either. Fencers is totally correct in how ArenaNet develops their games, great gameplay but terrible secondary systems.

Fencers is totally correct in how ArenaNet develops their games, great gameplay but terrible secondary systems.
    I know!

The bank in GW2 is at least somewhat improved over GW1. Emphasis on, "somewhat".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I know!

The bank in GW2 is at least somewhat improved over GW1. Emphasis on, "somewhat".
    They do things that other MMOs take years to implement, like sending materials straight to your bank and being able to craft without having the items in your bags. So it's give and take really.

I expect not improving some features are to prevent shooting themselves in the foot in their cash shop. I mean, shared storage isn't just a convenience feature tbh. If that was the case they would give you a default gigantic bank, but they have slots they need to sell. To be clear, I'm not against that in this game.
    BAD WOLF