I like both of those ideas. Did you happen to post them on the suggestion forum on the official site? Who knows, maybe they will take some of those ideas and run with it. Or at least it might give them some inspiration.

LOL I enjoy the conditional qualifiers. They amuse me. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I like both of those ideas. Did you happen to post them on the suggestion forum on the official site? Who knows, maybe they will take some of those ideas and run with it. Or at least it might give them some inspiration.
    I did, but there isn't a lot going on in the suggestion forums sadly...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2057231
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post2056809

10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely to hit 80 tonight, any guides for what to do when hitting 80 in regards to gear people can link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Very likely to hit 80 tonight, any guides for what to do when hitting 80 in regards to gear people can link.
    Pester a guildie to craft you whatever you require
    Or do like me & have every crafting & make your own, takes seconds & you`re fully geared.

Open the Ah and buy gear. That's it. Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preliminary Grats on 80, Dray

There's lots of ways to kit out your character - karma, crafting, dungeon tokens, laurels, guild commendations, zone completion. Dulfy has a good guide on where to find the gear:

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

I would suggest starting by identifying the stats you want for your build and go from there.
    Valar morghulis

Personally, the first thing I bought was a rare magic find set which I use for world events. Depending on your gold situation, you can also buy a rare/exotic damage set. What stats you get there would depend on your profession, play style etc. I started with a rare set and slowly bought my exotics with Karma from Orr. Try and get some toughness as it will make things easier until you are comfortable in the dungeons if you are doing those or fractals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Open the Ah and buy gear. That's it. Done.
    That is just far to expensive for me. I just hit 80 on my Mesmer last night and had 12g. Could not even get anywhere near a full set of exotic gear for that. I did however end up with 950k karma after blowing all my daily/monthly pots and all the various doodads i got from the living story. I will have to look into to what i can buy with all that.

with that much karma you can get a full set of exotic armor plus accessories, rings, back pieces, and amulets. Only thing you couldn't get would be exotic weapons, you'll have to look at the trading post or craft them for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal advise: Get one piece of armor / weapons every few days. Sure you can everything you need now if you have the gold / karma, but it's more rewarding in my opinion if you do it every now and then. Green items aren't that bad, at least in normal PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    That is just far to expensive for me. I just hit 80 on my Mesmer last night and had 12g. Could not even get anywhere near a full set of exotic gear for that. I did however end up with 950k karma after blowing all my daily/monthly pots and all the various doodads i got from the living story. I will have to look into to what i can buy with all that.
    If you don't want Karma gear, with that sort of Karma you can get a couple of Karma boosts and should be able to raise quite a bit of gold by buying lost jewelry boxes and selling the proceeds. My last run of 450k Karma (with +50% and a couple of other Karma boosts) netted me 22g in sales. I sold everything that I got out of the boxes and didn't bank anything other than the mini. I also immediately used all of the jugs (using the boosts) from the boxes to get more Karma to buy boxes. Without any karma boosts and not using the jugs that drop will get you 200 lost boxes.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Personal advise: Get one piece of armor / weapons every few days. Sure you can everything you need now if you have the gold / karma, but it's more rewarding in my opinion if you do it every now and then. Green items aren't that bad, at least in normal PvE.
    I would say buy the rares and then take the time getting your exotics. Better than making a mistake and getting a berserker set when you need something else. Also, one more thing, I would get green amulets, rings, etc for now. The stat boost between green and exotic on that side is minimal. One is also likely to go for ascended over time on that side so any gold spent on exotics is wasted.

Last tip, you can't have too much gear in the beginning. I broke a lot of my gear in the beginning doing fractals and had to switch to other sets. I only had a MF set but at least it was better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I would say buy the rares and then take the time getting your exotics. Better than making a mistake and getting a berserker set when you need something else. Also, one more thing, I would get green amulets, rings, etc for now. The stat boost between green and exotic on that side is minimal. One is also likely to go for ascended over time on that side so any gold spent on exotics is wasted.

Last tip, you can't have too much gear in the beginning. I broke a lot of my gear in the beginning doing fractals and had to switch to other sets. I only had a MF set but at least it was better than nothing.
    Now a fully fledged 80, I have pretty much done this, I have bought a rare cleric set and will work on getting some exotics. Going to work on getting a rare MF set now.

If you don't want Karma gear, with that sort of Karma you can get a couple of Karma boosts and should be able to raise quite a bit of gold by buying lost jewelry boxes and selling the proceeds. My last run of 450k Karma (with +50% and a couple of other Karma boosts) netted me 22g in sales. I sold everything that I got out of the boxes and didn't bank anything other than the mini. I also immediately used all of the jugs (using the boosts) from the boxes to get more Karma to buy boxes. Without any karma boosts and not using the jugs that drop will get you 200 lost boxes.
    I defo want the gear. A full armour set is around 275k i think? Did not even consider those boxes really as a way to make money. I will have to look into them as well. I crafted full green MF set and berserker set so far and that seem to be doing ok. I do look like a total tit in the feathered set tho. Does not look good on a bloke.

All on all tho i am totally lost. So much to do i don't know where to start. My mate suggested i chuck on the MF set and buy some omnomberry bars and get my world completion. He said i should get some nice gear out of that before i start blowing finite resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    All on all tho i am totally lost. So much to do i don't know where to start. My mate suggested i chuck on the MF set and buy some omnomberry bars and get my world completion. He said i should get some nice gear out of that before i start blowing finite resources.
    Omnoberry stuff is expensive. I normally use Eggplant fritters or Raspberry Peach Bar for magic find boosting. Much cheaper. It's not worth paying 4 times the price for 4% extra magic find.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 06:30 PM ----------

Also, for a magic find set. It's useful to add:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Pirate

I use the full superior set. The parrot has saved me a few times. There is another rune that you can get for the 6th which also gives another 10%. And you can also add 3% gems to your jewelry.

I went mental with those boxes. I ended up blowing the 925k karma i had left on them. When i used all the other karma bits and bobs i got back 790k. I then kept buying more until i still had 500k karma to my name. The end result was pretty good really. I made 32g with all the lodestones and unidentifiable objects i sold. I got two mini risen priests as well.

I used my new found funds to finish up my tailoring and made my self a set of Rare armour. This seems plenty to tide me over as exotic materials and far too expensive for a small upgrade. I then took my 834 Badges of Honour and jumped into WvWvW and bought my self a full set of exotic weapons. Pretty good value really as they are only 1g and various amounts of badges. Tomorrow i will get my jewel crafting to 375 and craft a rare set of that as well.

So i ended up with some pretty good gear and should still have 30g odd and 500k karma to play with after i get my jewel crafting to 400. A pretty good foundation i think for a new 80.

Does anyone know if those guild training missions are 2-mannable? We were thinking of starting to do that since our private guild is to the point where the upgrades we want cost 10k+ influence. x_X We usually run dual mesmers and frequently duo champions. We actually came really close to soloing that Flame Shaman world boss, but stage 5 just proved to be a little too much for just the two of us.

Unrelated, a few people have questioned how/why the new daily format causes me to go out of my way since supposedly they can be easily completed "by accident" through normal gameplay. Today was a really good example. We were working on completing Iron Marches and, of course, the daily is Krytan events and Shiverpeaks veterans, nothing in Ascalon. By the time we finished the zone we only had 2/5 done; gathering and 50 kills.

We've been trying to do a zone a day since we started our mesmers together and I can honestly say out of the nearly 20 zones we've completed so far the daily has coincided with where we were once. Needless to say, I'm almost always having to detour someplace, or log onto an alt like today since my mesmer doesn't have any crafts, etc. I'm not trying to argue how 'minor' that may or may not be, just that the daily is not "accidentally complete-able via normal gameplay" on any sort of regular basis. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Does anyone know if those guild training missions are 2-mannable? We were thinking of starting to do that since our private guild is to the point where the upgrades we want cost 10k+ influence. x_X We usually run dual mesmers and frequently duo champions. We actually came really close to soloing that Flame Shaman world boss, but stage 5 just proved to be a little too much for just the two of us.

Unrelated, a few people have questioned how/why the new daily format causes me to go out of my way since supposedly they can be easily completed "by accident" through normal gameplay. Today was a really good example. We were working on completing Iron Marches and, of course, the daily is Krytan events and Shiverpeaks veterans, nothing in Ascalon. By the time we finished the zone we only had 2/5 done; gathering and 50 kills.

We've been trying to do a zone a day since we started our mesmers together and I can honestly say out of the nearly 20 zones we've completed so far the daily has coincided with where we were once. Needless to say, I'm almost always having to detour someplace, or log onto an alt like today since my mesmer doesn't have any crafts, etc. I'm not trying to argue how 'minor' that may or may not be, just that the daily is not "accidentally complete-able via normal gameplay" on any sort of regular basis. :P
    We did some training missions, firstly with 2 people some are really not 2 mannable, Diplomat Tarban gave our group of 6 a right going over, although we did manage to kill him eventually, he stacks confusion at a ridiculous rate and we had lots of respawning. However because you only have to do one at a time its generally doable, just hope you get the right ones, theres also the finding of the which with 2 people can be a bit of a pita.

As to the dailies, rarely do I get to do them doing what I want to do, I always have to go out of my way for one of them, you can not accidently complete 5 of the dailies most of the time, in fact I never have.

So un pinning gw2 from my task bar caused the game to delete itself so now I have to install it again.

god damn it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So un pinning gw2 from my task bar caused the game to delete itself so now I have to install it again.

god damn it
    Did you check the folder you had it installed into? Searched for "GW2.exe"?
    Bit odd that it`d do that.