I have one free character slot to play with and am trying to decide whether to make a thief or an engineer. Problem is, I can't recall the last positive thing I've read about engineers. I rarely see them outside of the starting zones and I frequently see complaints about them being nerfed almost every patch. I'm willing to give engineer a shot if they have at least one good/effective spec that puts them on par with other classes.

Thief, on the other hand, kind of looks OP. Am I right? As per usual, my play will consist predominantly of DEs/map completion/general PvE world activities.

thiefs are really squishy to start of with

engineers actually received some buffs, they are quite decent in my opinion

For DE's engi probably has an advantage since grenade kit is quite strong and you can tag like no tomorow with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I have one free character slot to play with and am trying to decide whether to make a thief or an engineer. Problem is, I can't recall the last positive thing I've read about engineers. I rarely see them outside of the starting zones and I frequently see complaints about them being nerfed almost every patch. I'm willing to give engineer a shot if they have at least one good/effective spec that puts them on par with other classes.
    I rolled an Engineer for one reason: afk farm DEs.

In this regard, Engies excel like no other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I rolled an Engineer for one reason: afk farm DEs.
    Which ones do you farm now, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Which ones do you farm now, if any?
    I heavily farmed the Orr and HH ones a few months ago.

Now I park my Engineer in various places like in Ebonheart, jungle worm, or the QD troll/farm area. Haven't played in a while however. No need. I'm super rich now.

Still. The ability to farm 2 or 3 DEs at once without much effort is fantastic. Start up the laptop, login in Engineer and play Path of Exile. Benefits/reaped.

Deleted
    I tried an Engie once, got it to level 26 I think before I had a death, then I saw it`s downed state.
    Engie` got deleted

I used to think Ele` downed was pointless, but wow, just wow.

Having said that, ran against a few in WvWs in the past & ye gads, they hit like a truck & constant stun fest.
    Same goes for sPvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when the game first came out I hit 79 rather quickly, and then I stopped playing until yesterday. Yesterday I decided to play again and got my elementalist to level 80. Now I want to know what there is to do? Obviously there is pvp, which I find extremely enjoyable, but is there any "raids," or cool goals to shoot for?
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    So when the game first came out I hit 79 rather quickly, and then I stopped playing until yesterday. Yesterday I decided to play again and got my elementalist to level 80. Now I want to know what there is to do? Obviously there is pvp, which I find extremely enjoyable, but is there any "raids," or cool goals to shoot for?
    In all honesty, if you invested the time to get to 80 Im amazed you havent invested any time in any research. No, no raids. Outside of pvp the end game is dungeons and fractals as well as farming the bigger world events, use http://us.gw2stuff.com/events/eu or get the overlay from the thread in this forum to chase the events. WvW seems to be the big draw for some, as for cool goals, others just want to get 100% map completion, some want to get all the gear sets from dungeons, some want to craft a legendary. Others just quit the game because derp no end game.
    Chuck in guild events, and lol living story stuff too.

There are no raids in Guild Wars 2.

You do the same things at level 80 as you did at level 30, 50, 60 or 70.

-Dungeons
    -PVP
    -Fractals
    -Guild Content
    -Events
    -Personal Story
    -Mini Games
    -Craft
    -Jumping Puzzles
    -Explore/Hang out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    In all honesty, if you invested the time to get to 80 Im amazed you havent invested any time in any research. No, no raids. Outside of pvp the end game is dungeons and fractals as well as farming the bigger world events, use http://us.gw2stuff.com/events/eu or get the overlay from the thread in this forum to chase the events. WvW seems to be the big draw for some, as for cool goals, others just want to get 100% map completion, some want to get all the gear sets from dungeons, some want to craft a legendary. Others just quit the game because derp no end game.
    Chuck in guild events, and lol living story stuff too.
    Well when the game first came out I bought it with a bunch of friends who convinced me to get it but then quit soon after. I really enjoyed the leveling in gw2 though so I played it out for awhile before quitting.

Ty for the responses.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    I am new to necromancer and I am wondering why things like this are happening. I am in plague form and I added blind to plague. Why my screen is full of red "miss" texts? That is me missing, isn't it? Or have I understood this wrong? I actually tested with dagger and I get red "miss" text when I miss... I am confused. ._.

Deleted
    I main an Ele` (D/D mainly) & have seen "miss" loads lately. Even seen it with sceptre.
    Not sure if it is another Idiotnet bug or they`ve added something & not put it iin the patch notes, as usual.

When you strike and miss the text comes up as MISS! in white. When you make enemies miss (because of blind) you see MISS! in red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    When you strike and miss the text comes up as MISS! in white. When you make enemies miss (because of blind) you see MISS! in red.
    According to my observations, it's the opposite way around.

One of my big irritants is being fixed (at least I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet

Got an update for you guys! Thanks to everyone for dissecting the current state of targeting!

There is certainly a bug with prolonged mouse-presses and not moving the cursor. I am fixing this. However, this is certainly an extreme case and fixing this will not solve all issues players are experiencing.

The current click timing threshold is 250ms. We are playing with a lower number internally to see if it causes problems like people perceiving clicks as not registering.

There is also window of error when clicking that could cause your mouse-release to select something different from what was hovered during the mouse-press. While this should also very rarely happen with the timing and distance thresholds, it is still a potential problem that will be fixed.

On top of all this is still player preference. Not everyone wants a single right-click to perform default actions. This is why we’re adding a toggle for it in the next patch.

There are still questions left to be answered for how targeting in Guild Wars 2 should work, and I’m sure these will be answered as we continue to iterate.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...15#post2147926

Finally a toggle function! Only been what 10months for people to ask for this?

Later on today, news will be revealed about Dragon Bash. On the main forums i asked if it had anything to do with Cantha and they told me no, it didn't. Interesting to see what's in the box for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Later on today, news will be revealed about Dragon Bash. On the main forums i asked if it had anything to do with Cantha and they told me no, it didn't. Interesting to see what's in the box for us.
    I'm excited for this. Even though I didn't play GW1 it sounds very interesting

At least the dodgeball and racing are back. Hope we can customize our own moas.