Deleted
    I haven't played since shortly after release and today decided to (try) download the client and play again but I couldn't get my account password (strange as I use only 3 different ones for my online accounts). Iv tried to get a password change but to submit the request I need my serial code...obviously iv not got a clue what this is. Is there a phone number or anything I can do to get directly in contact with Anet?
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-07-14 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I haven't played since shortly after release and today decided to (try) download the client and play again but I couldn't get my account password (strange as I use only 3 different ones for my online accounts). Iv tried to get a password change but to submit the request I need my serial code...obviously iv not got a clue what this is. Is there a phone number or anything I can do to get directly in contact with Anet?
    Serial code is the 12 (or so) digits you entered to register the game.
    If you bought online, checck your old emails for anet stuff, should be amongst those.

Deleted
    Aye I don't have those anymore, I purchased the game before release and took part in the beta etc so it's probably getting on a year ago since i first did all that.

Just looking at the news on GW2, apparently there was a mandatory password change back in Feb? if so I didn't do that and it's probably why I cant log in now. Usually a email address is all that's needed to sort stuff like this out, I dont have the serial code so guess I wont be getting the account back anytime soon. Iv sent an email anyway lets hope they get back to me.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-07-14 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Don't laugh at me, but im very seldom in WvW so i don't know, but can i use the Ascended gear i buy from WvW vendors in PvE or are they WvW bound like PvP items are?
    yep you can use them in the pve portion of the game too.

the only gear that is isolated is the sPVP gear

Well, thanks AP chests, cheaper ascended gear now that i got laurels AND badges.

Deleted
    Hmm I have some karma and don't know what to do with this ;/ I've already bought t3 gs for a skin.

Ori sticks, axes and picks from SC bought too.

Orrian Jewelery Boxes aren't worth it IMO. Too small chance for a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Hmm I have some karma and don't know what to do with this ;/ I've already bought t3 gs for a skin.

Some ppl tend to buy Orrian Jewel Boxes for the rare materials inside and sell those.
    However, saving the Daily Karma reward for alts is one of the few things I did.
    You could also buy Karma weapons with one char and transmute them to white weapons for alts.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Finally got my account back! I haven't played the game for around 7-8 months so I haven't got a clue where or what im upto. Iv decided to leave my level 80 warrior and start fresh with a level 1 ranger, I'll pick the game back up as I go along.

I forgot how fun the leveling is, there's not another mmo even close to it. I quit back in Jan-feb due to being bored at lvl 80, hopefully with a new character to level and gear Im going to have lots of content to play through.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post

Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes are good for some cash. About 15g to 20g for every 500,000 karma. Also, if you like using cooking for helping in leveling alts (10 levels for up to 400 cooking), go to Labyrinthine Cliffs while you can so you can get all the karma ingredients in one spot in bulk instead of having to do hearts to unlock the food. Using karma for cooking it costs a little less than 2g to get to 400.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-15 at 04:32 PM.

the boxes are for when you have absolutely nothing else that you could possibly want with Karma

it's just a way to use excess karma

Deleted
    I`ve around 200 jugs & several hundred potions of karma sat in the bank. Unfortunately, I can craft any gear so all karma items are of no use
    As for the pet from Orrian chests, it`s nto a low drop rate (or I`m lucky) as have received loads of those.

Good news re:getting account back.
    If want to nosey, check out RRR build, I use fairly similar, but using GS/SB.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWj8G7XU-YI

Or for pewpew:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H4IL...ature=youtu.be

Lol people still think LB is a good weapon... Just because he crits for 11k from max range with full bloodlust and all his CD's popped doesn't mean you're actually doing a lot of damage. An ele/war/guard/mes all do shit tons more damage if they use their CD's.

I wish people would realise that high numbers != good, there are more things you need to take into account.

You don't have to Min/Max in GW2, it's just not how the game is made. If you want to do it to do certain things which are by no means a requirement of the game itself (like CoF speed runs) that's fine, but LB (and other weapons are perfectly viable). Different people just have different priorities when they play games and the way this game is built, that is also fine.

If you link to a video with the comment pewpew (which means DPS incase you didn't know*) that says "MAX DAMAGE", you're suggesting that a certain weapon/build does most damage.

I merely pointed out that this isn't the case and that high damage != high damage per second. I also pointed out that he has to use all his CD's and needs Bloodlust to achieve such numbers.

A far better option if you're looking for high DPS build is sword/x

Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    5. Pew Pew

1. Sound imitating an energy weapon firing.

2. MMO slang for DPS
    1. "Pew pew!" went his laser, and the guards fell dead.

2. Moar pew pew on my target plz

Where in your little definition does it say pew pew = most dps ever? I didn't see it anywhere in what you quoted.

All dps means is damage per second. Wanting more or something that does more dps is a completely separate thing. According to what you linked I could refer to a weapon that does 1 dps as pew pew and not be wrong.

And the point is, No one asked what did the most dps ever. Someone just linked some ideas. You could have responded with a simple, "well yea you could do that but sword/x would do more dps". But instead you decided to be insulting. Please stop.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-07-15 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Where in your little definition does it say pew pew = most dps ever? I didn't see it anywhere in what you quoted.
    Not in my definition but in the title of the linked video, which you probably didn't check out.

All dps means is damage per second. Wanting more or something that does more dps is a completely separate thing. According to what you linked I could refer to a weapon that does 1 dps as pew pew and not be wrong.
    Indeed, but given the context it's quite obvious that there's a difference in builds. One is a regen/bunker while the other is a damage build. So this means that one build has more damage and thus that if you chose this build your goal is to do more damage.
    And the point is, No one asked what did the most dps ever. Someone just linked some ideas. You could have responded with a simple, "well yea you could do that but sword/x would do more dps". But instead you decided to be insulting. Please stop.
    Nobody asked it but someone made it seem like... and it's simply not that way. The information is wrong and has been proven wrong various times.

I simply find it hilarious that people claim a build does high DPS because it does a lot of damage, they completely ignore the PS part (which I find silly and stupid). This happens a lot, the banner ranger thread is one example, the eviscerate discussion is another, the LB doing most damage is yet another one and all of those have been discussed (and debunked) at length in the past. So it baffles me that people still run into the same mistakes.

Since we're at it, I'll be nice and explain (again) why LB isn't a good "pewpew" weapon.

1. Fly-time/after-cast. While it hits hard it hits slow (D = high, PS = low) => DPS is average
    2. You need range, when you can't guarantee this everything goes to hell
    3. You have to pop all cd's at once to achieve one big hit and hope it's over => /praytornggodsordie which is very risky/bad
    4. You can pop all those cd's at once on another weapon and do more DPS (see 1.)

The LB is a good weapon for burst. This means that if you encounter bunkers you're at a very big disadvantage since they can counter your burst with CD's (if need be) or a quick heal, which forces you to run/die.

If you check the clip of the build we're discussing you'll notice some things why he hits so hard. First off he has 25stacks of bloodlust, second he has a full list of conditions, third his enemies are unaware of him, fourth he only fights clothies (and full glass players who obviously aren't that experienced signet war is a good indication of a build that's not suited for PvP), fifth once his burst is over he's doing 700dmg on a glass clothy from max range, sixth his enemies are all running away putting them at a very big disadvantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    From GW2's Facebook:

Join us for a Livestream on July 16 at noon PDT with Game Director Colin Johanson, who will explain our Living World approach and take a look into the future. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 ~RB2
    Valar morghulis

Colin announces next 2 weeks will be this election thing and the patch after that will re-introduce a part of Tyria, namely the CD. I can already see it. God how i want to return to Elona.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Nobody asked it but someone made it seem like... and it's simply not that way. The information is wrong and has been proven wrong various times.
    You can be right without the tone you use, though. Even if you're right, you may still be rude and get banned for being rude.

on the topic, "max damage" means max consistent damage to you perhaps, to others it might mean max single hit damage or max burst damage or... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You can be right without the tone you use, though. Even if you're right, you may still be rude and get banned for being rude.

on the topic, "max damage" means max consistent damage to you perhaps, to others it might mean max single hit damage or max burst damage or... who knows.
    You are correct on both accounts.

The main issue I have is that people give out wrong information while the correct information is readily available. I think this is the third time in 6weeks that the LB damage thing has come up and it's thoroughly annoying since it's easy to read through the ranger thread and find this stuff out.

EDIT: checked my posting history and it's 3times in 3weeks...
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-15 at 09:55 PM.