Deleted
    Desolation EU is high population as well, but let's be honest. Most people prefer and teleport to the human starting area because it's nice looking, easy to complete, and does not require you to go back and forth too much ( like in the case of the charr starting area ). Also, generally speaking, the events are easier and faster to complete, they activate more often, at least from my experience.

I'm still undecided if to keep staying on desolation, or to move on some other realm ( even though I have reached almost 80 with my charr warrior )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone got any tips to get out of the traditional mind set for questing and into guild wars 2 way of levelling? I'm really struggling to level since I'm sick in the old way of get a load of quests do them and return.

I haven't PvEd in the game before despite having it since launch, only sPvP for first 5 months then quit. I made a Charr last night but only managed to get to level 9 in about 4 and a half hours since I had no idea what to do and no events were popping up, I also tried a human followed a zerg for abit which was good exp but really wasn't fun, got level 12 after like an hour with them. So is this the norm in the game for levelling or what only the human zone seemed to have this zerg which spawned loads of events but the others were just dead, I only saw 2 others in the Charr zone.

So any tips would be great.
    The trick in many cases is to trigger the events. Think of hearts like bread crumb quests, they lead you into the area then after you finish the heart, trigger the events by talking to the Npcs or listening to their conversation. Look for the named Npcs in particular, especially any with a symbol over their head. Pay special attention to any that are calling for your help. Lots of events start just by completing the heart or being in the area, it may take a minute or so for events to trigger.

Some events are more involved, they chain into other events. Keep following the event chain until it plays out.
    What I do when leveling a new character is uncover map areas by talking to the scouts, then strike out whereever to hearts and let things unfold and just get swept up along the way.

I agree about the champ train farm in the Human start area. Although it's a way for low level characters to rack up some gold it's not very engaging. Farming bores me silly, I make plenty of gold in other ways.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Fuuuuck yeah, Tequatl down for the second time tonight
    I love the fight, it is simply amazing. The coordination required by 120+ people to beat it is beyond anything I ever experienced in wow raiding, and those last % of his health made my heart race. I would love if A-net added more bosses like this in the future as it is simply an amazing feeling to beat it after you've tried for hours upon hours. This also show that you can expect quite much from raids if they ever add raids(though it is highly unlikely). This night is without doubt one of the greatest nights in my gaming history and I will cherish the memory of it for long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it a dissapointing wipefest, if I have to join 100+ people on vent to down a boss then Ill give it a miss, as will the vast majority of players, I don't mind relying on a handful of people but thats just too many, which is why he is downed so little. I doubt we'll see a boss that requires quite the numbers of Tequatl but hopefully they can tune it to lesser numbers, because it actually looks okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anyone got any tips to get out of the traditional mind set for questing and into guild wars 2 way of levelling? I'm really struggling to level since I'm sick in the old way of get a load of quests do them and return.

I haven't PvEd in the game before despite having it since launch, only sPvP for first 5 months then quit. I made a Charr last night but only managed to get to level 9 in about 4 and a half hours since I had no idea what to do and no events were popping up, I also tried a human followed a zerg for abit which was good exp but really wasn't fun, got level 12 after like an hour with them. So is this the norm in the game for levelling or what only the human zone seemed to have this zerg which spawned loads of events but the others were just dead, I only saw 2 others in the Charr zone.

So any tips would be great.
    See I like GW2, I played it as much as other MMOs I liked WoW and Aion (yeah Aion). But to me the biggest issue in GW2 is something most people wouldn't expect, the lower levels are completely dead. My server ET is generally low population and I leveled an alt to about 42 and literally saw 6 people the whole way through. I guested to TC because I hate leveling alone at that was a high population server and from 42 to 48 I saw 3 people.

Although I hate hate WoW questing, I prefer WoW questing than GW2 when playing solo. No events pop up and it isn't as fun as it was at launch. Here is why I think it is a problem for GW2. I know people that quit leveling because they hated it and found no one to level with. I was watching a person leveling in GW2 on Twitch and he quit because he said there was no one around. Seems like you aren't having that much fun either. (although all MMOs suck leveling) If people are not leveling and getting to max level the game will suffer because it won't bring in new players. And that sucks because the game offers so much for free.

I really hope they do something, like merging low level zones only. This way when a new player comes into the game they get to play with others. And they fall in love with the game and all the events and activities it has. Leave level 70+ or level 80 maps as is, but do something with low level ones. These guys have the tech, they just have to do it.
    Last edited by c0da; 2013-09-19 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I found it a dissapointing wipefest, if I have to join 100+ people on vent to down a boss then Ill give it a miss, as will the vast majority of players, I don't mind relying on a handful of people but thats just too many, which is why he is downed so little. I doubt we'll see a boss that requires quite the numbers of Tequatl but hopefully they can tune it to lesser numbers, because it actually looks okay.
    I feel like once people get more used to the fight and understand what needs to happen it won't be so necessary to be on voice chat. Right now some people know what to do and they sort of have to direct other people, but then you have all the people who don't really read forums and stuff and all of them are learning from scratch pretty much. Once everyone gets used to it he'll go down much more often.

Deleted
    I am posting this here, with the hopes that my guild master will have plenty of replies to handle. I haven't told him that I will post this around, so wider audience will come as surprise.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    For the science! Dry Your Eyes // Gandara EU

We will giveaway 1 random flame and frost dye + 10 normal rare dyes.
    The giveaway will last till September 30th!

This is what you need to do to be included to the giveaway:
    - Subscribe to our channel and make you subscription public
    - Leave a comment to the video with your gw2 account name

We will randomly select the winners for the 10 rare dyes. And top of that, we will pick out the best comment from all the subscribers who have left a comment to the video and award him/her with 1 random flame/frost dye!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guild members can not take part to this contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I feel like once people get more used to the fight and understand what needs to happen it won't be so necessary to be on voice chat. Right now some people know what to do and they sort of have to direct other people, but then you have all the people who don't really read forums and stuff and all of them are learning from scratch pretty much. Once everyone gets used to it he'll go down much more often.
    Well, yes I sure hope thats the case, that or Anet will just nerf it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    ~snip~
    Makes me wish I had a guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Apparently there seems to be some issue with these ability and environmental sound effects getting disabled while playing the game since latest patch.
    Been going on & off for a month or two, seen a few post about it on the gw2 forums. Devs said aware, trying to fix...

Is there no Rabid light chest or feet available for karma?

(Looking at this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equi...by_stats#Karma )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is there no Rabid light chest or feet available for karma?

(Looking at this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equi...by_stats#Karma )
    Enter WvWs border map, go to where all ncps are stood in cover.
    Armour master there, sixth tab down is all the Rabid gear, all classes.
    Priciest is 1G & 300 badges, rest are 80S - 96S + some badges too.

Deleted
    They have fixed the tablet issues! I can finally use my drawing tablet to play with.
    I've been using my tablet pen for everything I do for the past 7 years, so a mouse feels weird to me. It felt wrong using a mouse xD So I'm very grateful that is fixed.
    (Before the problem was when trying to look around, it was spinning like mad. Now it works like a proper mouse).

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me what this is?

There is also this. This is clearly the thing that cloud is yelling about.

Only I saw those, my friend didn't. We were on world 2 zone 2 doing bauble achi for my friend who failed it on out first run (he didn't have whip).

Can anyone tell me what this is?
    There is also this. This is clearly the thing that cloud is yelling about.
    It's a Tribulation-only check-point system. You take a balloon from the balloon pump, and give it to the cloud.

You're not suppose to see them when not in Tribulation mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    It's a Tribulation-only check-point system. You take a balloon from the balloon pump, and give it to the cloud.

You're not suppose to see them when not in Tribulation mode.
    Ok, thanks for information. No way that I would ever do tribulation mode.

So, I've noticed that I'm vendoring more and more blues and greens due to TP price not being worth selling. Seems like the burst of those items having value due to salvaging Essences of Luck is dissipating.

So, I've noticed that I'm vendoring more and more blues and greens due to TP price not being worth selling. Seems like the burst of those items having value due to salvaging Essences of Luck is dissipating.
    I never understood why anyone would go for (High)MF, it's such a huge carrot on a stick that it should be obvious.

One of the cheaper ways will give 19k luck/9g that means
    050% = 7g
    100% = 58g
    150% = 235
    200% = 650g
    215% = 841
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Alright, despite reading the wiki, I'm still confused about Fractals. Let's say my goal is to get to level 10, do I need to run 1-9 consecutively or as long as someone else in the party is at 10 can I get into 10? If I can skip levels like that, then does my personal level increase any or do I still have to do them consecutively?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, despite reading the wiki, I'm still confused about Fractals. Let's say my goal is to get to level 10, do I need to run 1-9 consecutively or as long as someone else in the party is at 10 can I get into 10? If I can skip levels like that, then does my personal level increase any or do I still have to do them consecutively?

The person that starts the fractal can set the level for any level they have completed +1.
    (I have completed 35, I can set 36, 19, 28, 2, etc. Cannot set 37 or higher)

Other party members that complete the fractal will have their level increased +1 if it is above their current level.
    (I am level 5, I completed a 9, my new level is 6)
    (I am level 35, I completed a 14, my level does not change)

Rewards are based on your current level even if you complete a higher level fractal.
    (I am level 5, I completed a 12, my reward is 6)

One special thing to note is there is daily tier chest for completing an even numbered fractal dungeon for each tier.
    0-9
    10-19
    20-29
    30-39 etc.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-09-24 at 03:26 PM.
    Valar morghulis