10+ Year Old Account
    This was recently datamined, no idear when it will be in game.

Anise's Coat (Human female only): [&AgECWQAA]
    http://imgur.com/lkt7zHp

The coat seems to be this one that was released at launch, but has never been obtainable: http://imgur.com/4eU5dai
    Valar morghulis

I really hope it's the whole set and not just the coat though. I may have to shelve my Phoenix armor or come up with an alternate gear set if that's the case. Though, interestingly, that is not quite what Countess Anise wears:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/...tess_Anise.jpg

She has that weird half-shoulder thing going on and the skirt part is different. Could do without the shoulder, but not sure which skirt I like better!

Sultry clothes are fine with me. Stripper club warrior isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked this set http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Masquerade_armor
    was supposed to be a pve set too, but they removed it at some point, apparently. Reminds me of Ritualist armor.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    New post about changes to matchup variance for WvW: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...nce-reduction/
    I'm not sure I understand this. Looking at the images I'd still disagree with some of those (potential) matchups. I've read through the post twice, but I still can't tell if this is based on current rankings, previous rankings, or what. The rankings for the past 2+ months are all sorts of skewed thanks to the season.

I don't have a problem facing the same small(er) pool of opponents, but those images indicate we still have a high (in some cases the highest) % of being matched against servers that have historically "steamrolled" us. I guess we just need to keep losing more before we're where we should be? :P

Saw some images for this ascended gear. Gah, so ugly. Pass.

Well, on the surface it seems to boil down to tightening who you're matched up against by their rating system and its analyses to date. I don't really follow WvW and how this rating is made and how objective data matches up to actual performance. So what I see is smaller pool of opponents in favor of a more fair range of opponents. Hopefully they'll start adjusting those matchups based on ongoing data, but...time will tell, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The main thing I took from it is someone has poor taste in helmet design. But since I tend to think any helmet that's not a bandit-style mask or a hood looks horribad on my chars, you can take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't think they are that bad, very intricate stuff.

But I probably wouldn't use their look.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think they are that bad, very intricate stuff.

But I probably wouldn't use their look.
    I only wear plate mail. It looks horrible. Like, comical almost.

The game can't even express the details in the armor Anet chose to go for on it either. What. Bizzaro.

The medium armor looks like heavy armor and the helmet looks retarded on male, I think the female version is OK, not great though.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Sanctum Sprint... what is the deal with the wind? I get hit with it seemingly randomly when no one else is around -- definitely no one within 900 range, which is the maximum for a wind powerup according to the wiki -- and the Grounded ability does nothing against it either. I swear it didn't use to always be that way? O_o

The light ascended armor has grown on me, but the grind/cost still hasn't. I got the Light of Dwayna recipe and may just make that instead.

Got back into the game lately (terrible timing though with how busy I am...well supposed to be with finals and stuff).

Wondering if anyone has any tips for WvW? I tried a couple times, but I was all alone and had no idea what I was doing.

Read your map chat for where you are and try to help out commanders if they ask for people on tag. In general, follow your commander and look for groups that are moving around together.

Deleted
    hey guys, I started farming glory with glory booster and I have a question, is it faster to lvl with hearts and events etc.(pve) in normal world or farm glory to buy tomes of knowledge?

If you can chain events, like on a karma train in WvW, that might be faster, I couldn't say as I spent most of my time riding the Queensdale champ train. The fastest remains crafting, but that's a one-time boost and the 1-400's give 7 levels instead of 10 now.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The fastest remains crafting, but that's a one-time boost and the 1-400's give 7 levels instead of 10 now.
    Not true, the fastest is using tomes of knowledge but it's gonna cost you a lot of money to get enough BLK to open chests and get 78 of those (or 60).

PvP seems to be a good way to level, you get about 150-350 glory per match so if you add a booster to it you only need to play 3matches (45min) for 1lvl. The thing is at the early levels you are a lot faster just doing it the normal way.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I thought WvW was ridiculously fast, however, it depends on your server having a karma train and I've never compared it to anything but 'normal' leveling. I don't do sPvP and have never leveled a character via the Queensdale champion circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Not true, the fastest is using tomes of knowledge but it's gonna cost you a lot of money to get enough BLK to open chests and get 78 of those (or 60).
    Okay, the fastest that's not so ridiculously expensive which no one with more sense than money would use. I suppose if you had enough gold to think little of buying a legendary or three you could make that a viable method, but for the vast majority of players crafting will still be the fastest method that's actually somewhat affordable. At least, relative to trying to get tomes from BLC's. You might get lucky and get some uber-rare item to sell on the TP for 2k gold, buuut...I wouldn't hold my breath.