And it's time to stop. If you guys have questions or issues with how things are/have been handled feel free to send PMs to discuss it further. Continuing to derail this thread is not ok though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't bicker back and forth with you about it.... just sayin'...you get what, 40 new posts tops a day on this sub-forum? I see Karizee spoutin off every chance they get about WoW. Don't ever see you say anything until someone decides to put Karizee's conjecture back into his face.

Please pay attention to moderator warnings and stay on-topic. Infracted. -Edge

Yea, thought so.
    Last edited by Shaede; 2014-01-07 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I won't bicker back and forth with you about it.... just sayin'...you get what, 40 new posts tops a day on this sub-forum? I see Karizee spoutin off every chance they get about WoW. Don't ever see you say anything until someone decides to put Karizee's conjecture back into his face.

Please pay attention to moderator warnings and stay on-topic. Infracted. -Edge

Yea, thought so.
    When you get a subforum moderated by people that play GW2 and not WoW this type of thing happens.

As was already mentioned, this line of discussion isn't acceptable. Infracted. -Edge

First time mentioning anything about this and I get infracted. Dozens of posts from Karizee that hasn't even been infracted once. GG.
    Moderation shouldn't be bias because of your love and hate for a game.
    Last edited by Fernling306; 2014-01-07 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    When you get a subforum moderated by people that play GW2 and not WoW this type of thing happens.
    Yea, I know. I knew it was coming. I play both GW2 and WoW...and I've held my tongue around here plenty of times. But it's just so noticeable how the mods play favorites and it's only a problem when you say something to one of their little fanboys.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-01-07 at 09:21 PM.

Seriously. Use the contact form to lodge complaints to the admins directly if you don't feel inclined to PM and stop behaving badly by derailing the thread. This shouldn't be a hard concept. Just stop.

Hey, how about that new tattoo "helmet"?

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

well to each their own but not really a fan of that. but if you really want to spend 500 gems to get it

I'm going to bet that it won't be a big seller

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Seriously. Use the contact form to lodge complaints to the admins directly if you don't feel inclined to PM and stop behaving badly by derailing the thread. This shouldn't be a hard concept. Just stop.
    It's not a hard concept. Are you trying to imply something?

There were three warnings to stop posting off topic. Please don't ignore thread warnings.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-01-07 at 09:12 PM.

Nah, I'm saving my gems for the impending transfer, as soon as I figure out where I want to go. I was/am seriously considering FC, but it sounds like their SEA/Oceanic (which is when I usually play) may not be as robust as I'd like. Though, given another week I'm sure CD will be in a match against them (since we just keep tanking, yay -_-) and I can find out for myself.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

didn't know you were a pvper Lane

WvW's about the only thing keeping me playing at this point and that's mostly because it kinda/sorta reminds me of AV combined with the fact that it seems to be the only group activity outside of champion trains anyone does anymore.

I'm not very good at it though, so I like to travel with the zerg. I just haven't found a class/spec combo I've taken to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well to each their own but not really a fan of that. but if you really want to spend 500 gems to get it

I'm going to bet that it won't be a big seller
    I'm sure we'll see plenty of them tonight. It seems too pricey at 500, could have been a decent little quest reward/ achievement reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Hey, how about that new tattoo "helmet"?

Honestly my first reaction is "oh dear go no" but I have no idea why. I mean... there's no real reason it shouldn't exist. I wonder what happens if you have Norn face tattoos though. Do they just get covered up or do both show? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a scar, not a tattoo

I've been wanting one ever since I discovered it in the PvP locker not too long ago.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-01-07 at 09:51 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's a scar, not a helmut

I've been wanting one ever since I discovered it in the PvP locker not too long ago.
    Someone had linked the code a while back in game, it was okay but nothing I'd buy.
    I never have seen the paper bags, did they ever do them?

Anyway, this item also sort of irks me in regard to how some of the gear pieces tie to the model. Like some of the head-pieces that include shoulder blades, I'd love it if hoods were available as part of shoulders so you could stack with face masks.

I mean, I was looking at the vigil set, the chestpiece is the chest and a full skirt, while the leggings are just some underwear that goes under the skirt, makes no sense. They're very inconsistent.

Ok, I'm intrigued by all the lore/story discussion on the "Something big.." thread so I wanna ask:

How good is the game in conveying the whole Tyria story to new players who haven't played the first GW? Is it available for all Proffs or do you have to play all of them to get every bit of it? Are there any other interesting stories besides the Elder Dragons?

Shame that I missed the xmas deal on GW2. Oh well, I got TSW for 5$ so that should keep me entertained till the discount is up again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeus View Post
    Ok, I'm intrigued by all the lore/story discussion on the "Something big.." thread so I wanna ask:

How good is the game in conveying the whole Tyria story to new players who haven't played the first GW? Is it available for all Proffs or do you have to play all of them to get every bit of it? Are there any other interesting stories besides the Elder Dragons?

Shame that I missed the xmas deal on GW2. Oh well, I got TSW for 5$ so that should keep me entertained till the discount is up again.

Didn't play gw1 but play gw2, I enjoy the story and didn't really know much of it I had a good understanding, dragons = bad gw2 set 200 years ahead of gw1 etc
    but I still had to go read the wiki's on things like abaddon and the dragons etc for real detail and a good story at that.

A lot of the lore is there, if you look for it. It's not as up front, in your face as it was in GW1, IMO, but the details are there. The details about the elder dragons, especially Zhaitan, are fairly pervasive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's a scar, not a tattoo
    "The Mask of the Wanderer skins is a stylish new face tattoo available as a helm for all professions!" :P

Bad? Awful? Terrible? Honestly, I've been playing GW2 for almost 1.5 years now, I have 3k hours clocked, 100% map completion on multiple characters, and I know very little of the lore. (I also did not play GW1 and near as I can tell, if you didn't, you will be completely lost and possibly never found.) I suppose if you enjoy going around talking to every NPC (which involves clicking through a lot of irrelevant dialog) and/or reading scattered books around the world you might learn something, but you definitely have to put in a significant amount of effort -- moreso than any other MMO I've played.

There's also the issue of them simply not adding story to the game in the case of the Living Story updates and requiring you to reference their website to get the full picture, which... irritates me to no end.

It depends on who you ask, some people feel GW2 does an adequate job of conveying its lore, but in my opinion it's the worst MMO I've played in terms of relaying the story to the player. The best you will get is the personal story and -- since I don't want to spoil anything -- even that only lasts so long as you reach a certain point where it has a very singular focus that doesn't tell you anything about Tyria other than a very small region of it. Maybe there are interesting stories outside of a certain elder dragon, but I've certainly not been made aware of them through 'normal' play.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-01-07 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I have 3 80s and have been playing since beta and know really nothing about the lore besides the very basics. Never played gw1 so I came into the game not knowing much to begin with. The personal story will walk you through some things and the npcs that show you the map say some stuff but besides that you are on your own to figure out the rest. I have heard that there are a lot of in game books you can read through. They probably contain a lot of info. I never checked that out.