the in game books are a bit of a disappointment. when the game first came out I expected for them to be a bit like how the elder scrolls has their books but that's not the case. Almost all of them have one or two sentences and that's it. To get the lore you have to do a combination of everything, read the books, listen to NPC's, pay attention to the events (especially the chain events), do the renown hearts and actually pay attention to what they say, use the scouts, and also read what every clickable NPC tells you. It's quite a bit more work than most mmos to get the lore even though it's more believable to get the lore this way, just a bit more inconvenient.

Plus the personal stories and the story mode dungeons, they both add to the lore of course.

You can pick up on the Lore if you investigate the world here and there, but I've learned most of my Lore from watching WoodenPotatoes. I never really got into Lore for any game. In regards to GW2, the only thing that piqued my interests was the Four Winds update. Well that and anything else that linked back to the first game. Stuff like ruins and Oola's Lab.

10+ Year Old Account

I stand corrected, thank you for pointing that out.

I may get 2, one for PvE and one for PvP. (it still looks like a scar to me, especially when dyed blood red - bloody scar across my face yarrr!)
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeus View Post
    How good is the game in conveying the whole Tyria story to new players who haven't played the first GW? Is it available for all Proffs or do you have to play all of them to get every bit of it? Are there any other interesting stories besides the Elder Dragons?
    Its awful at this, absolutely awful, I am certainly no lore junky anyway but I couldnt be any more unimpressed with GW2 story telling. For someone with no knowledge of GW1 coming in to a new game I expected lore to be chucked at me, but no after 50 odd hours I couldn't tell you much at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I stand corrected, thank you for pointing that out.
    What is this madness :P

I was thinking the other day. Anet should have in some way implemented Outposts like they had in GW1. Like the Sunspear Sanctuary was one of, if not the most favourite places on any game. I loved the whole concept of that place. Like we should have Ebonhawke-like cities everywhere on smaller scale.

Wow, they removed the suggestions forum (from the official site)?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3465338

I doubt this`ll go well.
    Look at classes threads, it`s a rarity you ever see anet in ele threads (no idea about others) so putting suggestions amongst every other ele post asking for builds, help, general discussion & rants, the suggestions will just vanish thirty pages behind everything else because of lack of replies & so on.
    But folk did this in the past, such as reporting bugs in bugs, having that thread then moved by mods to ele forums or some other random place, only to be locked because it didn`t belong there.

I`m also curious, I`ve heard that dungeons thread is regularly an abuse fest with locks, bans etc.
    How come that didn`t get closed, yet the WvWs thread did...?
    (I do like the conspiracy theory about gw2guru & Grouch though lol)

It'll be interesting... I mean I get why they think it's a good idea, but I feel like it'll make suggestions easier to miss and in turn good suggestions will likely go unnoticed more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Hey, how about that new tattoo "helmet"?

It makes me wish they had a face/glasses/eye slot and a helm slot, instead of just the helm slot. Imagine wearing a hood on a necromancer with the glowing white wraith eyes. Or if someone is into the town clothes stuff, imagine wearing a fancy top hat with one of the glasses town clothes that have been released.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    It makes me wish they had a face/glasses/eye slot and a helm slot, instead of just the helm slot. Imagine wearing a hood on a necromancer with the glowing white wraith eyes. Or if someone is into the town clothes stuff, imagine wearing a fancy top hat with one of the glasses town clothes that have been released.
    I just wish I could wear the aviator hat as part of my real armor.

Deleted
    I kind of like it, sadly I don't see anything of it with my current hair I'm wearing on my mesmer. So it's sitting in the bank since I'm not sure if I'd use it on my alts.
    Possibly my warrior.

Deleted
    I'd like a new GW2 song. I like 'Fear Not This Night' and I think that Scarlet's story going to end is an excelent opportunity to make a new one (like fntn plays at the end of personal story)

When I logged on (~2pm EST) we were ticking +30, so the screenshot is actually a minor improvement. :P

"We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are smashing it.

Oh no, you're on the board, better let HoD or IoJ know so they can fix their mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I have another nice screenshot!

The 5th of red was r54 but I was too slow.
    PvP works sooooo well in this game...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I'm so conflicted on where to go.

SoS by far has been the most suggested server for my late night play times, but I feel like I'd just be spring-boarding back where CD used to be. Plus, I hate that they were in Gold league. I really don't want to go back to fighting T2 servers again let alone T1. >_<

So, going back to Bronze league...

FC seems to have a lot of positive feedback in terms of their WvW community. Supposedly when they call out for aid people actually show up! *gasp* (The other night we lost all of our BL keeps because everyone was on HoD's BL trying -- and failing -- for half an hour to take one tower. Nobody cared we were losing our BL in the process despite multiple alerts. Gotta get that HoD tower -- which they never got. :P) Though, looking at their history they're outmatched by both HoD & IoJ. I'm really hoping we're matched against them next week so I can see them in action for myself though.

HoD was my initial choice, but having played against them for a few weeks now I'm not sure anymore. Their late night presence has been dwindling despite usually managing to break ahead by the end of the week.

IoJ - wow, what a HUGE improvement over the sever we used to roflstomp. I don't know what they've been doing, but it's working.

I'm also debating waiting. See if the 21st brings any new news about WvW or not. Plus, I got a couple betas keeping me busy so I haven't been WvWing as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I have another nice screenshot!

The 5th of red was r54 but I was too slow.
    PvP works sooooo well in this game...
    Good thing PvP cannot be summed up in one screenshot, eh? I had a match yesterday that ended 508 to 490, maybe I should start posting screenshots of those final scores :P

There's any number of factors that can effect a match, check out this amaaaazing last minute clutch play in the ESL tournie yesterday.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5c8YXNLig
    Valar morghulis

I'll play 3games again tomorrow, I'll post them and you can admire the same shit happening. Incase you didn't realise it I'm rank 40, I've played quite a few games, I am quite experienced, you can call me an "expert".

This shit happens EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).