Mel, out of curiosity, do you have a legendary? and if so which one?

I think I might just buckle down and try to get one. I don't really have any other goal in the game, might as well make it this.

I have the howler, basically because I couldn't be arsed to grind dragonite for a horn
    Everyone else with whom I regularly run dungeons has at least 3 legendaries so I'm the runt of the litter.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2014-02-05 at 05:58 AM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Do people run TA anymore since they added in the aetherblade path?

I ran Ascalon Catacombs, all three paths, with a group that ran them regularly and it was easy as pie. But there is nothing I want from there (although the weapons do look neat at night).

I'd like to get either Kudzu or the Bifrost. I know no one runs Arah so the Bifrost is out. I'm hoping folks still run Twilight Arbor though.

TA is quite easy, we ran it as a spare dungeon or if we didn't feel like doing HotW.

The main tricks for TA are knowing how to spider reflect (mes/guard) and using conjure frostbow on the end boss.
    If you're into speedclearing lots of dungeons a good team is war, guard, ranger, ele*2 or if you don't care about spotter/frost spirit a thief. There was debate amongst my friends about thief vs ranger since the speed in speed clears comes from skipping trash and not from shaving of 2s of a boss fight. The downside is that if you have to kill stuff it'll be slower with a thief than a ranger.
    For TA specifically I highly suggest a thief over a ranger since it's easy to backstab and the double (quad tbh) frostbow will melt the end boss (never let the war pick up summoned weapons).
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, there's a thread about how much people have spent on gems.
    Here's another WTF response: "I try to limit myself to just $100 per month"

*boggle*

Unrelated, I sure do love having to patch GW2 every single day. -_-
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

There's a reason why each and every game has a "cash shop" or dlc, lots of idiots walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Here's another WTF response: "I try to limit myself to just $100 per month"

*boggle*

Unrelated, I sure do love having to patch GW2 every single day. -_-
    I have worked for a game publishers. Mostly on their F2P titles. In fact, Arena.net contracted my company to help them work out their RMT transaction service. But I can't give more details other than to say Anet basically used our cash shop and dollar conversion model wholesale. Especially our pricing strategy for Eastern markets like China, Korea and Taiwan.

I can assure you that not only do developers/publishers know exactly who is spending and what, $100/monthly is not too far from what many people spend on average. Which is like $50 or something depending on game.

Some people have the disposable income to spend on games they enjoy. A pastime/hobby that is comparatively cheaper than many other pastime/hobbies even by mainstream standards; shopping, models, interior decorating, sports cars, etc.

In less than a year I myself spent several thousands of dollars on one game alone, for just one character. Which doesn't include what I spent on concurrent games and on other characters of those games. To wit: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

People who believe that subscription models make copious amounts of money are sadly mistaken and ignorant of the actual games business.

If a game can leverage both subscription and cash shop, that is where the real money is at. A fact recently in news by World of Warcraft and The Old Republic being among the most lucrative games of the current market. Both have a sub and cash shop.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-02-06 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    I actually think the cash shop concept in many games is a great idea. I don't use it often, once in a while just to gift myself. But I can imagine with a fulltime job etc you don't want to worry about making money again - online instead. You just work for the money ingame as well xD I think it's great it's an option for casual players.
    The only issues I had was if it was pay to win, but it's not really that big a deal in GW2 (in my opinion).

Not to mention thanks to those who donate the game can continue. They pay so all of us can play :3

It is sale time

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...ot-expansions/

15% off character slots, every account got a free revive orb and exp booster and the bouquet of roses has returned for the most piece of crap holiday of the year!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Looks like good news for the PvErs:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3608689

Not surprised that they're looking at reverting the change. I know it can be said that WvWvW players that want a Legendary have to do a lot more PVE than others have to do PVP to get a Legendary, but I doubt the pvp community wants Legendary Chasers farming ranks within their matches. The policy change to r30 would only encourage non-standard play by a segment of the community that would be disruptive to the regular WvWvW players. It would be bridge destroying x100.

Honestly the BoH cost should of just gone up to compensate for how easy it is to get them compared to before.

Deleted
    Turns out they`re keeping a rank requirement, but removing it temporarily until they can patch in a way to let folk know in game that there`s a requirement of rank to buy it.
    They really like going the long route to do things lol

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../2#post3609745

"The removal is to address the manner in which it is communicated in game. There will be a requirement to reach a rank in WvW prior to purchasing the Gift when we are able to provide adequate messaging to let players know why they can’t purchase it and what they need to do in order to be able to purchase it."

Gift of Battle. (Battle not required.)
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-02-08 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like to see many many new skills in 'feature heavy patch'. I wanna play EotM because it's a nice map but can't stand using the same skills ALL THE TIME. In comparision to gw1... yeah.

Tinkering around with guardian burning builds and I discoverd a nasty combo of symbols and permeating wrath. For aoe I can get permanent burning with symbols up with +0 condition duration.

Must tinker more....

FYI I'm making an RP build with human helm of truth. The burning truth, to find and present the truth and discover lies. Using hammer mace/torch. Hammer of truth, mace of sincerity and torch of cleansing :P

So far it has perma protection for melee so good deal.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-02-09 at 08:02 PM.

So im thinking of coming back to GW2.I've heard a lot of stuff have been added since i last played (was the fractal of the mists patch)
    Can anyone share whats new into:
    -PvE Content
    -Mechanics
    -Events
    Is the hunt for the legendary weapons still going?

Thanks in advance folks!

Since November of 2012?

New Fractals, Fractal Gambits, Scarlet Invasions through the world, A new Twilight Arbor Path, Tequatl revamp, new world boss Tri Wurm, Champ Boss loot rewards, dungeon rewards improved, Ascended Weapons and Armor, Kessex Hills changes, new mobs and tactics via Alliances - (Toxic Alliance, Aetherblade mobs, Molten Alliance mobs, Twisted mobs,) , Southsun changes + Karka Queen boss, New Runes and Sigils, some new heal skills, Wallet feature collects more collectibles, Aethership Jumping Puzzle, and various skill balances and alterations over time.

Legendary Hunt is not in yet. Marionette world boss is in game right now and the new Edge of the Mists map was recently put into the game. (New WvWvW map with overflows and a different team system.)

|

Deleted
    lol at my edit in the Edge of the Mists thread xD (last post). Any lore freak wanna take a look?

Just general complaint, I just noticed on Dulfy that they added Hellfire and Radiant Greaves.

But they're at 21,000 achievement!
    While I'm sure some are up close, I'm just under 10k. Just got my Hellfire helm, and it's sort of irksome that I can't get it at 12k and continue on the set I chose.

... That's dumb. I'm at 11k+ now and I believe my next reward is only the Hellfire gloves since I'd already chosen the Radiant ones earlier. Why not insert the choice of greaves there? -_-

Edit: Also noting that it's taken over 1.5 years and 3k hours to get those (almost) 12k achievement points.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-02-13 at 11:07 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson