/tries really hard to not be cynical about Ranger changes ><

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Weakness and Blind are not really CC in PVE. Just debuffs.

It might be a legitimate claim that a Warrior does have more actual CC than a Thief. Though the latter may very have more debuffs or conditions to apply- just not as many strict CC abilities.

I don't know Thief very well. But in any case, some of those condis are not CC.
    I mean sure. Perhaps I'm using the term wrong but as I stated above, I can control a fight better on my Thief than on my Warrior due to the "debuffs" then if you want to call it that. But on the other hand, I have less margin for error on my Thief than on my Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsonia View Post
    Mesmers are pretty damn pivotal in WvW, and if the latest brand of nerfs turned you off from playing in WvW you're missing why the class truly shines. Veils are the single best spell in terms of engagement as they allow you some surprise or even some neat misdirection.

But the main use of Mesmers in WvW is Chaos Armor. You block one attack with chaos armor, and when you do block that attack you apply a condition and a boon, and they have access to so many of these fields that if your zerg doesnt know how to take advantage of them.... that's your problem.

Fact is mesmers will be extremely powerful in WvW as long as they dont nerf Chaos armor.

I've played a Mes since launch. I perfectly understand their limited use. However, you need only one mes around, and outside of those very niche uses, they're weaker than most any other class in a large fight.

They're useful but not extremely powerful. You just have one Mes show up for your side and you're good. If you have multiple Mesmers show up then you're probably overall weaker than the other side with 1 or 2 mesmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I mean sure. Perhaps I'm using the term wrong but as I stated above, I can control a fight better on my Thief than on my Warrior due to the "debuffs" then if you want to call it that. But on the other hand, I have less margin for error on my Thief than on my Warrior.
    I get your meaning. Just saying that a Warrior might have more legitimate "CC" baked into their skill lists. The notion pf a Warrior being a "more controlling class" could be accurate. Even if one might be able to direct the tempo of an encounter just as well playing Thief or Engineer for example.

GW1 was kinda the same way. There was definite CC (stun, fear, knockdown, etc) and just things which changed the battle flow (blind, mana drain, feedback, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    /tries really hard to not be cynical about Ranger changes ><
    Bearbow will be max dps config!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Did they ever change Ranger sword #1? I haven't played Ranger in a while but that skill is kinda clumsy and useless on an otherwise decent skills loadout.

I'd like that skill to be less annoying.

no it still has the annoying locked in animation sequence

and to me it is so irritating that I can't use a sword on my Ranger, so I end up using a Greatsword

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    no it still has the annoying locked in animation sequence

and to me it is so irritating that I can't use a sword on my Ranger, so I end up using a Greatsword
    That's... though it's not so annoying to cause me to not use it.

@chrth - I'd actually laugh if they made bearbow really good.

That's... though it's not so annoying to cause me to not use it.
    You can also turn off auto-attack so you're not locked in, but that's a skill I've not attempted yet.

@chrth - I'd actually laugh if they made bearbow really good.
    I like longbow, but half the time I switch to Greatsword because the damage is so weak. The main exception is stuff like Champs that smash melee to bits, and even then I'll usually swoop in for the final 10-15%.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You can also turn off auto-attack so you're not locked in, but that's a skill I've not attempted yet.
    yeah I've done that, I still don't like it

I like longbow, but half the time I switch to Greatsword because the damage is so weak. The main exception is stuff like Champs that smash melee to bits, and even then I'll usually swoop in for the final 10-15%.
    I like the Longbow as well, but it's just generally not useful

I like the Longbow as well, but it's just generally not useful
    I just love the satisfaction of knocking a mob down with LB4.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually love if bearbow was the best because you know...that's how I play in the world b/c I'm lazy. Also why I don't go into dungeons, though I know not to do that if I did. Re: swords, their both clumsy feeling to me. However, I use combat mod and have 1 tied to left clicks so it feels a little better. It's still wonky, but not as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I just love the satisfaction of knocking a mob down with LB4.
    For me it's traiting piercing arrows, whatever the enrage ability for your pet is, and then the trait that all buffs to your pet go to you too. I line up like 10 mobs on my bear, including veterans, pop the enrage and use 2 and 5 to kill them all in a few seconds. If any of them get cheeky, 4 with piercing arrows actually knocks all of them back.
    BAD WOLF

It's the only actual way to play it. But to maximize the potential you have to use the #1 skill as a double tap and hold off on the third tap for an engage/re-up. The problem with this is the entire sword skill set CD progression works against the timing needed to pull off reserving the third hit of skill #1. At most, with near perfect rotation, you might get 2 applications of #1 in your whole rotation. Maybe three if you have enough buffs going, otherwise the ICD resets so that you are applying stage one #1 skill.

Just super clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    For me it's traiting piercing arrows, whatever the enrage ability for your pet is, and then the trait that all buffs to your pet go to you too. I line up like 10 mobs on my bear, including veterans, pop the enrage and use 2 and 5 to kill them all in a few seconds. If any of them get cheeky, 4 with piercing arrows actually knocks all of them back.
    That sounds fun, I'll need to try that when I've unlocked more trait points

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds fun, I'll need to try that when I've unlocked more trait points
    Piercing arrows in general makes LB a lot more viable and fun. I know it's not really what everyone says is the 'best', but sometimes you just got to do what feels right. For me I like the dynamic feeling of constantly being at max range, always trying to flank, and positioning yourself to hit as many mobs as possible with your angles. It's a lot more engaging than putting 1 on auto attack and sitting there until things die.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Piercing arrows in general makes LB a lot more viable and fun. I know it's not really what everyone says is the 'best', but sometimes you just got to do what feels right. For me I like the dynamic feeling of constantly being at max range, always trying to flank, and positioning yourself to hit as many mobs as possible with your angles. It's a lot more engaging than putting 1 on auto attack and sitting there until things die.
    That's how I am with my staff necro, it's fun tossing down zones then lining stuff up and bouncing bad guys around while smacking them in a row.

I'm rather amazed that people still don't interrupt the Champion Wraiths when they steal health, and then they wonder why everyone is dead

Obsidian sanctum is dead. Like nobody here. What the hell happened to this place? I just to have amazing pvp here with cliff pushing and grabbing the stealth and now it's literally dead. I think making it an instance really just ruined it. (That and the stupid arena)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You mean the jumping puzzle or the arena area?