Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    is the inquest base the one in which you have to rescue 15 locals in a certain time frame? I've never seen that one succeed.
    I've actually seen it succeed twice (I took part in the event both times) and tier 4 still failed both times - that's why I was surprised to see it succeed today. Maybe people just really start knowing what they are doing (like the people farming Orr every day) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    is the inquest base the one in which you have to rescue 15 locals in a certain time frame? I've never seen that one succeed.
    You can easily solo the 15 local, after that an inquest champ spawns to repair the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Isn't it because as the zone grows more event can happen at once so the tiers are easier to achieve (I'm aware the zone didn't grow this last patch).
    Pretty much, next update should expand dry top once more.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I have decided that I now officially hate RNG in this game. I just opened 40 black lion chests and all I have to show for it is 2 BL salvage kits, a 1 gold mini, 8 BL ticket scraps and a bunch of boosters for which I already have plenty in my bank. I have another scrap in my bank from the previous 10 that I opened. Add to that the 68 chests that I have opened in Dry Top with 0 unidentified insects and I have decided that I won't be trying anything else like that in the game anymore. The only good thing about the dry top chests is that you can get Obsidians from them.

And RNG like that is why I don't open non-bound loot bags and sell them on the TP, same with the salvage-only items. In the long run I'll make more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    And RNG like that is why I don't open non-bound loot bags and sell them on the TP, same with the salvage-only items. In the long run I'll make more that way.
    I might just start doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I have decided that I now officially hate RNG in this game. I just opened 40 black lion chests and all I have to show for it is 2 BL salvage kits, a 1 gold mini, 8 BL ticket scraps and a bunch of boosters for which I already have plenty in my bank. I have another scrap in my bank from the previous 10 that I opened. Add to that the 68 chests that I have opened in Dry Top with 0 unidentified insects and I have decided that I won't be trying anything else like that in the game anymore. The only good thing about the dry top chests is that you can get Obsidians from them.
    I'm not sure how many chests I had from Dry Top, really. I had a total of 3 insects, I made one torch, but I'm not that keen on the items anyway, and the costs to make them is meh. Plus you can't sell much of any of it, so you're stuck with a Nomad item (I don't recall if it can be salvaged or not). So yeah, my other two I just went and swapped them for the 3 bags each.

I've done so-so with Black Lion tickets, can't REALLY complain, but most BLC's are just not worth it for me. I hate the boosters. Even deleting some of the stuff is irritating so I just use them when I get them to clear room.

I've gotten 2 unidentified insects without even trying. I don't even like any of the skins so I traded them for shitty loot bags.

Deleted
    I've gotten one insect after opening so many chests I've lost count. I stopped counting after 80.
    Don't really like the RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I've gotten one insect after opening so many chests I've lost count. I stopped counting after 80.
    Don't really like the RNG.
    You should stop playing MMOs then because it's either going to be

1) RNG
    2) Grind

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've gotten 2 unidentified insects without even trying. I don't even like any of the skins so I traded them for shitty loot bags.
    It's even worse when you check the other mats you need to make the item that only has Nomad stats.

Meanwhile it was nice that the mask/goggles was Select-A-Stat so it might be useful.

- - - Updated - - -

You should stop playing MMOs then because it's either going to be

1) RNG
    2) Grind
    I don't mind RNG most of the time, especially if the item can also be bought anyway, but the foxfire just seems too rare for my tastes.

It's not really rare like at all...

Deleted
    I don't mind RNG unless it's about stuff like BLK and Precursors D: Crafting your pre is taking too long D: WHAR ISH IT

foxfires ain't that rare? At all? I had my first 18 in day one, with just one run in 5 maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I don't mind RNG unless it's about stuff like BLK and Precursors D: Crafting your pre is taking too long D: WHAR ISH IT

foxfires ain't that rare? At all? I had my first 18 in day one, with just one run in 5 maps.
    5 maps, how many trees? how much running around clicking? It's not "rare" in the sense that you can get a ton of it with enough farming, it's just too rare for smashing through all these trees to get a shot at them, and the wood is near worthless.

And of course, it IS RNG, I've gotten double foxfires twice after long bouts of nothing.

Their continually plummeting price just further reinforces that they are not really rare. You also get them from the most common Nodes any player will chop.

I am scared of pre cursor crafting and that it would just ruin the price and value and "I'm awesome" factor of legionaries. I mean I'm almost done with my bifrost and if pre cursor crafting is around the corner I'm just going to be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's even worse when you check the other mats you need to make the item that only has Nomad stats.
    I thought the mats were actually quite cheap? Relatively speaking.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scorpiones

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post

Pretty much dirt cheap, if you weigh the "unique look appeal" as highly as you do with other items (the personal taste is always going to be subjective, of course). I'm swimming in Amberite already and 2 Orichalcum components + 1 dowel aren't hard to come by either.

Their continually plummeting price just further reinforces that they are not really rare. You also get them from the most common Nodes any player will chop.
    People are farming it so long, they got banned for botting...

Again, I'm not saying they're super rare for the world, just that the RNG is IMO too rare per chop. If you're farming for hours for something, it's not that common. It makes the gathering of mats for the backpack feel more like work than collecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post

Recipe is 1g+geodes, weapon recipe is 400 geodes, the other mats are basically the same as other exotics, except Nomad stats. Except that you cannot sell the finished product.

So yeah, "I don't like the look" "worse, spending mats for nomad stats", to sum up.

The Adventurer's Mantle for example. I'm not sure I'll ever actually use the look, but at least I have a helmet with selectable stats in case I have need for it. Then I can just transmute over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 maps, how many trees? how much running around clicking? It's not "rare" in the sense that you can get a ton of it with enough farming, it's just too rare for smashing through all these trees to get a shot at them, and the wood is near worthless.

And of course, it IS RNG, I've gotten double foxfires twice after long bouts of nothing.
    Don't make yourself crazy with it, Svifnymr. What I've been doing is taking the Pagga's wp in Malchor's Leap (never contested) and if you head a short way to the west there's a statue with 5 trees around it. The nodes respawn rather quickly, not sure, maybe an hour or 2? So I just log all my characters in and harvest that. Plus there's a couple other nodes very conveniently around it.

You'll know it when you see it, there's bunches of players there around the clock and they have guild gathering buff banners around. Buffs don't tick when you're not logged in so throw a gathering boost on if you have it for characters you're using to chop wood, just log them in and it takes like 2 minutes. I've sold at least a couple hundred of the Foxfires by now with very little effort.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2014-08-03 at 12:22 AM.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted

I'm not counting the trees, sorry :')

I'd suggest a chopchopbooster and make use of the banners most people throw down somewhere. It can help. Also I include chopchops with the other nodes, so I can buy one ore two foxfires after my run as well.

@Zito; That's true. The legendaries do have this special thing to it still.. I don't want that to go away either...

I haven't gotten a chance to play in a week or so. School and then I ended up marathoning a 30 episode drama. 6 hours a day, days a week. No idea how that happened.

Anyway, going to go explore on my Ranger a bit. I think I'm going to try my best to get map completion in the lower zones since they give rewards.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112