10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    ....Really?

Maybe they should see that the serves are working as intended before announcing the mini feature to their customers then? Or I don't know, announce that they need to see that the servers are working before introducing the mini feature in certain areas?

Remember how they reset everyones fractal progress for the fractal leaderboard? Yeah, that still isn't here.

I love the new map technology. Cos now when the transfer is offered, I can stay and actually enjoy being on a map again without everyone and their brother charging around doing all the events and forcing me to search for shit to do half the night. Ahh...peace and quiet...

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw it posted that Blood and Madness, the Halloween event, returns on October 21st and will run until November 4th. So yay for fans of the Clock Tower and that other poopdecrap. I'm curious if they'll try and add a permanent cheev category for this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And for some lulz, read Colin Johanson's attempt at damage control RE: the New Player Experience.

I genuinely fail to see why people are so 'outraged' with this new patch. What exactly changed that could make people so angry as to spam the whole forum with complaint posts?

Seriously, maybe I missed something?

They changed the first 10 levels, who gives a f---?
    Weapon skill unlocking took maybe 5 minutes of your overall gaming experience on that character (unless you're an Ele), just get over it.
    The UI is slightly different. THE HORROR.

What exactly warrants such a backlash?

I'd rather be annoyed bc levelling 1-80 still takes an eternity of brain-rotting boredom.

1. They changed how skills unlock, in the past you had to use a weapon before you unlocked skills for it (feeling of accomplishment)
    2. Skill unlocks are pulled back later in level (slowing you down)
    3. Stats are rewarded at intervals instead of linearly (slowing you down)
    4. Keyfarming got hit
    5. The UI was reworked so it's less manageable (don't know, don't care personally)
    6. A-net acts like the boost to 1-10 exp makes up for the following 70 levels which is just stupid.

TLDR they're annoyed because it's slower to level now.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I can understand ppl getting upset about the key farming nerf (though let's be honest, who didn't see that coming?), as for the rest the best response would be *shrug* whateverrrrrrrr. But these forum posters act like ANet had roofied them and stole their kidneys or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I can understand ppl getting upset about the key farming nerf (though let's be honest, who didn't see that coming?), as for the rest the best response would be *shrug* whateverrrrrrrr. But these forum posters act like ANet had roofied them and stole their kidneys or something.
    Let's hope Anet realizes they represent only a very small group.
    I have double feelings about it. Those skins deserve to be valuable, especially over time. At the other side I am afraid myself it's going to be a very big challenge to get that one skin I do want. But if I got to choose I prefer it the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I genuinely fail to see why people are so 'outraged' with this new patch. What exactly changed that could make people so angry as to spam the whole forum with complaint posts?

Seriously, maybe I missed something?

They changed the first 10 levels, who gives a f---?
    Weapon skill unlocking took maybe 5 minutes of your overall gaming experience on that character (unless you're an Ele), just get over it.
    The UI is slightly different. THE HORROR.

What exactly warrants such a backlash?

I'd rather be annoyed bc levelling 1-80 still takes an eternity of brain-rotting boredom.
    It's about immersion and uniqueness. Anet is just slowly turning features they so proudly presented to just the generic theme park way in hopes of catching players. Eventually they will apply this to the rest of the game. I mean if you watch the manifesto now you go.... "what".

All in all it was a pointless change because yea it's the first 10 levels, so why have this pointless change? Because they will probably change the game as a whole. This is just the starting point.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am much more annoyed by the nonsense of it than anything else. I feel like they have moved from something logical... to something illogical
    They failed to make all possible interactions discoverable and bug-free. If you've been told to 'feed the cows' but no food in sight, it becomes a problem. Is it bugged? Is the client bugged and doesn't render it? Do they have to use something counter-intuitive? The original system was the biggest nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, have they fix that mindnumbingly-boring do-every-other-map-grinding levelling experience? If they have, I might even poke GW2 again...

BTW, have they fix that mindnumbingly-boring do-every-other-map-grinding levelling experience? If they have, I might even poke GW2 again...
    You are free to do what you want, levels are irrelevant except for opening up more of the same. If you "grinded" it out when you started instead of enjoying the roses the game was probably off putting.

But if you get out of the WoW mentality of GET TO MAX LEVEL NOW SO I CAN DO STUFF LIKE RAIDING you would probably enjoy this game. Explore, do puzzles, events you find fun etc. Enjoy it while it last.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After reading his description it seems their intentions were good, maybe execution was off. I haven't played a brand new character since the patch so I wouldn't know specifically.
    BAD WOLF

Tackhisis back again... I missed you lol.

(not really)

Made a new character yesterday and leveled it a few levels... leveling up is insanely fast now. I really like it, also rewards are considerably better than before and the collections tie really good into it. A junk drop... part of a collection. Awesome. I actually went off my way to kill a different enemy type, just to get the other kind of junk I need for the collection.

The day before I worked on map completion with my 80 Mesmer near Ebonhawke and got a rare drop from one of the ogres. Started a oger collection... the next hours I was off hunting some ogres down. It was really fun and exciting.

- - - Updated - - -

personally I love the new weapon unlock system. Don't have to unlock each underwater skill seperately, yahoo.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2014-09-12 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Made a new character yesterday and leveled it a few levels... leveling up is insanely fast now.
    Yes the first levels are fast, but getting to max is a lot slower.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Yes the first levels are fast, but getting to max is a lot slower.
    but the experience to max is much better now. I doubt that Anet wanted players skip tons of levels via crafting THAT fast.

Then they shouldn't have introduced things like experience scrolls, tomes of courage and boosters?

Then they shouldn't have introduced things like experience scrolls, tomes of courage and boosters?
    boosters is nothing compared to powerleveling by crafting imho. Experience scrolls for the first 20 levels are a nice gimmick for veterans and tomes of knowledge aren't that easy to come by currently.

From my personal experience Anet made some mistakes in the past though, rewarding huge amounts of tomes of courage at a certain event for farming. I've leveled my Necro to 80 that way (and EotM trains) and I admit I have little to no idea how to play necro... like at all. Map completion on that necro: less than 5%.

I have 17 Experience scrolls and I've already used some. I have 131 tomes of knowledge and I've already used 120. It's super weird to me that they keep throwing this stuff at you (for free) while crafting to max takes quite a bit of money in comparison.

It's just inconsistent.

Once again, ANet jumps out on big sweeping changes that were nowhere near properly tested and are in need of a lot of bugfixing. Customers are rightfully angry when they do things like this, and ANet starts backpedalling and promising to fix it and hint there's more goodies coming if you'll just be patient.

Key farming never interested me, but I saw no problem for them that wanted to do it doing it. It's an understandable change since they wanna sell more keys(a high-margin profit item, those, as pointed out in the past), but customers will complain because something they had was taken away.

I have to agree with zito, too, that it's probably just the start. But we will see. Again, I'm glad I already levelled all the classes to cap so I don't have to slog through this New Player bullshit. RIP Queensdale Champ Train, you were my boon companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    They failed to make all possible interactions discoverable and bug-free. If you've been told to 'feed the cows' but no food in sight, it becomes a problem. Is it bugged? Is the client bugged and doesn't render it? Do they have to use something counter-intuitive? The original system was the biggest nonsense.
    What? With the specific thing I'm talking about there the heart text which was in the upper right hand corner of the screen said "feed the cows and water the plants" and if you looked for five seconds you'd see bags of feed and water pails. How is that at all confusing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What? With the specific thing I'm talking about there the heart text which was in the upper right hand corner of the screen said "feed the cows and water the plants" and if you looked for five seconds you'd see bags of feed and water pails. How is that at all confusing?

Deleted
    Leveled my engineer abit today, shes +40 and the new reward system is really nice imo Even doing lvl 20 something personal storys gives you relevant loot since they come in the loot bags. And I liked that little lvl reward thing that popped up and gave me a nice new ring

They nerfed cafting lvling? Could maybe be key farm related? Never farmed keys my self, it's just too boring for me
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2014-09-12 at 04:30 PM.

I have 17 Experience scrolls and I've already used some. I have 131 tomes of knowledge and I've already used 120. It's super weird to me that they keep throwing this stuff at you (for free) while crafting to max takes quite a bit of money in comparison.

It's just inconsistent.
    I agree. Do they still throw this at you? I thought this was only when Queens Gauntlet was active, no? I'm not too familiar with sPvP reward tracks though.