or everyone being a Gwen-chan (think it was the year after the stick figures)

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    People going nuts for april 1st hoping SAB comes back

you poor fools.
    Hey, hope springs eternal, but yeah why set yourself up for disappointment.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see stick figures come back.
    Omg genius xD

I've been putting off playing a Ranger because of the bad reputation, but I levelled one to 40 recently and I love it so much!

I have to say, so far it's my 2nd favourite class to play after Ele. Currently going with Greatsword and the avoidance+mobility is just awesome.
    Also reading up on the PvE meta and it seems like Rangers bring a very decent set of unique benefits, so I'm not sure why all the hate.

Swords are weird but I guess I'll have to learn to use them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I'm not sure why all the hate.
    1) The class received some buffs recently which made it a lot more even.
    2) Lots of bad players playing Rangers since the beginning of the game.

That's really it. Things like using bears inside Fractals, using bears in PvP, using weird weapons like shortbows and axes and all sorts of weird things. The problem is that what works for Rangers in solo play does not work in any form of group play. If you want axes and all sorts of crazy things that feel fun, it has to be done in your own time. Bringing any of that stuff into group content just makes people hate Rangers.
    BAD WOLF

my dislike of the Ranger stems from the 1h sword "1" skill. I so wanted to use the weapon since the beginning but for me it is unplayable trying to use it. So I have been bitter ever since.

Got all the tomes I need for instant 80 revenant and 3/6 glorious armor boxes for him too.

Going to make my guardian so I can use my spirit build I wanted >.> so I need names! NAMES. It is sylvari
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I named mine after the scientific name for Orchids, since the Orchid is the flower I think of in association with the color purple, which was the class color for Mesmers, the class my Sylvari is.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...oration-update

Interseting changes. Arah story mode is being removed and put into the personal story and explorable mode will be unlocked by default

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean you can kill big Z without a group now?
    BAD WOLF

yes, it will be soloable. which is consistent with the rest of the personal story

you can only do it once per character though

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    People going nuts for april 1st hoping SAB comes back

you poor fools.
    I was talking to a guy who works there who hyped us up to try it and I'm still bitter that he didn't mention "oh yeah, this is pretty much once or twice ever and you'll never get to play it again." As much as I find the "if you didn't log on for a chapter, you have to pay for it" system to be petty... I'd straight-up drop a fiver on unlocking the Adventure Box stuff but the first season's mentality was "if you're not there, you never were."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Does that mean you can kill big Z without a group now?
    ?! Oh sweet merciful *rolls dice* Caithe, I've waited for so, so long to actually see the friggin zombie dragon fight but my group of friends never really made it to 80 and I wasn't going to pug something I wanted to take my time and listen to.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2015-03-31 at 04:02 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yea I'll be waiting for this update to do my story on my guardian. I hope they fix the final fight to not be lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet baby jesus...I have not done a single dungeon and have never killed the dragon because I just liked playing the solo game. This is a great development as I'll finally get to finish out the personal story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    As much as I find the "if you didn't log on for a chapter, you have to pay for it" system to be petty... I'd straight-up drop a fiver on unlocking the Adventure Box
    I would buy a Super Adventure Box expansion at full price and I'm not joking. It was that good. (with the caveat that they continue to develop it, not full price for only what we had so far)
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh sweet baby jesus...I have not done a single dungeon and have never killed the dragon because I just liked playing the solo game. This is a great development as I'll finally get to finish out the personal story.

- - - Updated - - -

I would buy a Super Adventure Box expansion at full price and I'm not joking. It was that good. (with the caveat that they continue to develop it, not full price for only what we had so far)
    I've soloed the story mode, it's really not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-31-March-2015

Nerf guardians moar and SAB mini pets are being put into the black lion chests.

R.I.P. forever super adventure box. If only Anet wasn't FUCKING MORONS

I'm glad they're getting rid of the group-required step for the Personal Story and keeping it, y'know...PERSONAL. Logic was finally declared underpowered and was buffed, I see. I'm sure the SAB fans are angry and I can sympathize, it seems silly to keep that content blocked off so much. I get one of the reasons was the increased load on the game servers, but really...would it kill them to have an SAB weekend once a month or something?

or even have it for a period of time during this content drought before the expansion

seems like it would be a slam dunk but for whatever reason they don't want to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there's some weird, behind the scenes drama over SAB that we have no idea exists. There's absolutely no other reason to not allow us to play it. I have yet to see one explanation that is sensible or logical as providing more content for a game is good, as well as selling the infinite coin in the shop.

Maybe it was too successful and too far of a derivation of their design that they felt pulled in different directions to support it? Idk. That's possibly the only reasonable explanation, but I still don't think it was a good decision. Sure it would have made a small team grow to support it, continue to develop for it, but that would have been a good thing if player reception wanted it.

Idk. Talking about SAB just makes me sad.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, there's no doubt in my mind that SAB is coming tomorrow. They would not DARE to release those SAB mini pets on the gem store otherwise!

But there will be a trick - maybe it will be SAB as stick figures, or SAB as Gwen-Chan dolls or I dunno, black and white SAB or upside down SAB or backwards SAB or your keybinds are scrambled SAB - who knows! And all those peeps rioting in Rata Sum will all be like "...it's been built up too much!"
    Valar morghulis

Lol, there's no doubt in my mind that SAB is coming tomorrow. They would not DARE to release those SAB mini pets on the gem store otherwise!

But there will be a trick - maybe it will be SAB as stick figures, or SAB as Gwen-Chan dolls or I dunno, black and white SAB or upside down SAB or backwards SAB or your keybinds are scrambled SAB - who knows! And all those peeps rioting in Rata Sum will all be like "...it's been built up too much!"
    Book marking this crap :P