Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    With HoT I will have to agree with this. HoT adressed a lot of "common" issues people who came from traditional MMORPGs complained about. Now with HoT there is going to be a total of 9 endgame zones, fractals and raids and zerker meta not being meta anymore.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

How can we say of all time? I'm sure the Atlantean Super Culture had some kickass MMO's, and the Yithians have assured me that World of Hriblik will be a record breaker when it was released in the future!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    something I was wondering, have they ever talked about how people will aquire their specializations? will it be like a mastery track or something? I don't recall ever reading anything about this

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    something I was wondering, have they ever talked about how people will aquire their specializations? will it be like a mastery track or something? I don't recall ever reading anything about this
    You buy it with hero points like everything else once you hit level 80. There isn't any special quests or anything. Which would of been nice to physically go and train and learn how to be a that specilization but it's just auto available at 80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You buy it with hero points like everything else once you hit level 80. There isn't any special quests or anything. Which would of been nice to physically go and train and learn how to be a that specilization but it's just auto available at 80
    oh that's kind of dissapointing. I was hoping you would go on some kind of quest where an npc who has already mastered the specialization in the jungle would tutor you. like yoda. and in the end you earn the special weapon/armor skin. like in FFXIV

but it basically comes down to just clicking some buttons a few times when HoT hits and i'm a druid/tempest/whatever instantly.
    oh well

Well, it's not quite auto available to everyone at level 80 (who has bought HoT). If you don't have the hero points to unlock it you won't be able to use it. We still don't know exactly how many points it'll take to fully unlock an elite spec so people who unlocked all of the core lines and didn't go out and get points from around the maps might not have enough points to unlock everything right away.

1 WEEK TO GO GUYS!. And because I live in the UK I'm at goddamn work at 8 am till 5 pm

GW2 Efficiency added a great crafting calculator which really helps to find out what you need to buy to craft a certain item (if you put in your API info into site).

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    oh that's kind of dissapointing. I was hoping you would go on some kind of quest where an npc who has already mastered the specialization in the jungle would tutor you. like yoda. and in the end you earn the special weapon/armor skin. like in FFXIV

but it basically comes down to just clicking some buttons a few times when HoT hits and i'm a druid/tempest/whatever instantly.
    oh well
    They had that system where you had to go out and earn skills, because people brought up Elite Skills from GW1, but they did it poorly and like a lot of things (coughdailiescough) they'd rather just ditch a system and come up with something else entirely instead of tweaking things.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Well, I've got my 80 tomes from daily logins stacked. Ready to boost a Rev if I get HoT. Probably going to wait for the final reviews to come out before I decide.

why is crafting so horrible to level up

/FLIPS TABLE

Really? I found it pretty easy to level up. 450-500 can be a bit of a pain, I'd agree with you there though.

why is crafting so horrible to level up

/FLIPS TABLE
    It's not that it's horrible, it's that you're pissing gold down the drain and you know you're pissing gold down the drain so it FEELS horrible.

Guess who just got an $80 gaming mouse for their birthday? :3 I'll give you a hint, it's me!

Guess who just got an $80 gaming mouse for their birthday? :3 I'll give you a hint, it's me!
    Ermg, what kind?

And I'm with you on the crafting is painful to level up... but then I dislike crafting in pretty much every MMO ><

The last time I enjoyed crafting was SWG.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Ermg, what kind?

And I'm with you on the crafting is painful to level up... but then I dislike crafting in pretty much every MMO ><
    Logitech g602. It's interesting to get use to because I'm not use to so many buttons

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The last time I enjoyed crafting was SWG.
    I always liked cooking and alchemy in WoW, but not since WotLK really. FFXIV is kinda fun, but gets old with time. I like the discovery system that GW2 has, but high end leveling is balls. I thought crafting would be more fun if it was 'engaging' like in Wildstar, but nope...that's bad too.

I've come to the realization that I like set it and forget it crafting the best. SWTOR is the king of that, but WoW and GW2 are good. I don't need crafting to be fun because no one can do that right apparently. I'd rather it just be efficient and effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Logitech g602. It's interesting to get use to because I'm not use to so many buttons
    That thing is an alien. I use a G600...mmo mouse for life.
    BAD WOLF

Oooh... I had an earlier version of that a few years ago. That's awesome... I really like the way the thumb buttons are set-up.

I have something like that (logitech) forget the model though. I know it has colors that I can change and it's quite good. I honestly don't know if I could go back to a mouse with fewer buttons anymore, it's just so convenient to bind everything to side buttons so I never need to move my movement key or mouse fingers.