I must commend Anet for their amazing server stability during an expansion launch; it absolutely blows every other major MMORPG expansion launch out of the water (except maybe EVE, but EVE expansions almost never see a resurgence in players on the same scale). To put it simply, I am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    look at it this way - it's one thing to read a book at your own pace, and another to be told you can at most read a page per day.

But you could just as easily say that a reader that just skims through some of the pages, isn't really qualified to "review" a book.

Well, I know one thing.

I won't be buying anything from G2A.com anymore. Might be cheaper but that's twice now I've gotten an invalid code from them and each time it takes days to get the situation corrected. I'd rather just pay the extra money. e.e;
    German science is the greatest in the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    This so much. The unusual cutscene dialogue of the original was nerve wracking to watch. This feels far, far more natural.
    I completely agree with this. I am glad the cutscenes are gone and I very much like seeing and hearing my character talk.

The northern Coztic Grounds hero point is glitched; the vines around the hero point will insta-down you, so there's no legitmate way to get the hero point ATM. However, if you can get someone to rez you while you are downed in the vines (such as the Ranger's spirit rez ultimate), you can immediately walk over to the hero point and commune with it without dying.
    I tried this numerous times gliding down to the back spot and the vines never hurt me from there but I got killed maybe 10+ times by accidently pulling more than one of the veterans. Those frogs hurt, man!!! When I went in with a group of people last night, we approached from the front and were insta-downed before even getting in the vines, but when I mentioned that they never hurt me from the back, the mesmer in the group put a portal down and was able to port the whole group right to the point. I could also blink to it as an elementalist without being hurt.

PSA: You can dye the starter glider.
    I didn't know that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I miss the way things were originally though with the backdrop and the characters speaking to each other.
    I think you and I were the only ones that liked that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Most people I see are in LA for Halloween

IMO, they should have delayed the launch a week or at least until the holiday event is over
    It's been sort of irritating trying to figure out the changes for Halloween while also unlocking Masteries and other stuff. Seems they took out the Bloody Prince, though I haven't had a chance to do the Lab yet, just Ascent a couple times (got nothing good). The trick or treaters don't swap candy for bags anymore either.

Haven't seen much confirmed on teh shoulders, other than "it's not worth your time" for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    on a side note, I'm sooooooo glad they got the player character actually talking. it makes my character feel like an actual part of the game rather than some mindless doll that can't say anything
    I do love the voices, though I was fine with the initial cutscene stuff, the newer "everyone talks, but you" stuff with in/out of voice and picking through dialogue tree with no options...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Can you use the tombs or xp slivers to get mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Can you use the tombs or xp slivers to get mastery?
    The tomes give a spirit shard if you're 80, not sure on the xp

For some reason, gliding and mushroom jumping in the jungle reminds me of a vaguely familiar Disney animated film.

For some reason, gliding and mushroom jumping in the jungle reminds me of a vaguely familiar Disney animated film.
    Ferngully?

Edit: Oh wait, that's not Disney.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I think you and I were the only ones that liked that.
    I think it's mostly since the character models don't seem to have many bones around their mouths in the actual game environment (compared to say the new WoW models) and so all I see is my charrs mouth opening and closing like a duck with no lip movement. My other issue I'd say is the lack of hand or overall body movement when talking which helps make things more emotive just like in real life.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2015-10-25 at 04:55 PM.

I noticed the stiff on non-human models, like when you talk to Grawl during some quests, but otherwise it didn't bother me. In any case, it's gone now so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Ferngully?

Edit: Oh wait, that's not Disney.
    Found it.

Pretty much what HoT feels like.

So they added Zone Completion Rewards to Southsun, Dry Top and Silverwastes, so if you completed those zones you should jump out to them and grab the free gear (level 76 and 78 exotic and some mats, plus a black lion thingee, I've gotten a key and transmute charge).

Of course, there seems to be a bug that if you have World Completion, you won't get the rewards, but I'm sure they may possibly at some point fix that...

For the story chapter 12, The Way In, how are you supposed to complete the objective: "Use the Nuhoch Path to find Rata Novus?" There's nothing at the quest marker (yes, I'm AT the actual quest marker with all the enemies around, not below it). Nothing to interact with, no instance to join, nothing.

For the story chapter 12, The Way In, how are you supposed to complete the objective: "Use the Nuhoch Path to find Rata Novus?" There's nothing at the quest marker (yes, I'm AT the actual quest marker with all the enemies around, not below it). Nothing to interact with, no instance to join, nothing.
    I am on the same chapter. You have to get your first level of Nuhoch lore to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeJanz View Post
    I am on the same chapter. You have to get your first level of Nuhoch lore to continue.
    You have to get your first level of Nuhoch lore to even get to this step in the first place...

- - - Updated - - -

I already collected the Enyzmes and got the quest updated to the point where I just have to find Rata Novus but once I arrived at the quest marker there's nothing there but the cave wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Returning player here, I quit fairly soon after vanilla launch due to being bored. Bought HoT without knowing anything about it.

some first impressions.

- I had no clue what I was doing at first. Just running around being completely inefficient. At first I hated it, but now that I've just stopped worrying about progress and more about the journey, I love it.

- Mobs are actually challenging. This coupled with the fact that I'm still in wow mode (stand still and spam rotation) made it so I died A LOT at first. It has gotten better and I don't feel like a total idiot now.

- The zones look AMAZING. the first zone is probably my favourite in any MMO I've played. The vertical design is jaw-dropping.If ANET does 1 thing right, it's art and design.

- Gliding makes sense, feels good and is well-designed. It's so much better than it was in AION, for example. I now consider this the best "flying" I've seen in an MMO.

- At first, I found the mastery levelling slow, tedious, and annoying. I didn't realise it was account-based, though. Which turned that around completely for me.

- contrary to that, I like how elite spec skills actually take a while. I'm still failing on basic stuff so it's good that I can slowly work into my class.

Overall, I really like it so far, but I'll have to see how the endgame content works out. If it's as good as what I've seen, I'm a happy customer for the months to come.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

You have to get your first level of Nuhoch lore to even get to this step in the first place...

- - - Updated - - -

I already collected the Enyzmes and got the quest updated to the point where I just have to find Rata Novus but once I arrived at the quest marker there's nothing there but the cave wall.
    walk through the wall, some walls automaticlly open up or try pressing F at the wall

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, I really like it so far, but I'll have to see how the endgame content works out. If it's as good as what I've seen, I'm a happy customer for the months to come.
    You are already doing the end game content. The entire game is end game content you get rewarded appropriately. But to be more specific there are fractals and raids more along the lines of traditional end game but each zone has a meta event and zone 4 is aparently one big boss.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You are already doing the end game content. The entire game is end game content you get rewarded appropriately. But to be more specific there are fractals and raids more along the lines of traditional end game but each zone has a meta event and zone 4 is aparently one big boss.
    I did mean fractals and raids, ye. Mainly I'll be farming a legendary and doing group content, so if the latter is good enough, this will be a great expansion for me.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All the Norn in Hoelbrak are toasting and singing the deceased- whether or not one has done the new story parts or even owns the expansion.
    That's bizarre, I ran around Hoelbrak a lot on my Revanant on Saturday and none of that was going on at all. It was just normal Hoelbrak convos.