Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Holy shit that is purdy.

Question. Have they updated this to use DX11, 12 or multicore support yet?
    Nope, but theire is workaround by 3rd party developer.
    https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Nope, but theire is workaround by 3rd party developer.
    https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy
    Argh. Not a fan of 3rd party methods. I just wish Anet would because it would mean a whole new level of optimisation.

Pretty conflicted about the story. I didn't like how they went the most predictable way with Aurene, it ruined that powerful moment from the end of episode 5. Also it felt like completion of story, no cliffhanger this time and no clue as to what to expect next. Hopefully they'll add some current event before FoFW.

New map is visually stunning, we have three biomes here: forest with visuals akin to MHW which is also Melandru's realm, dry cliffs with lonely trees engulfed by flames and it's Fissue of Woe and also a cave that happens to be Underworld. There's some big meta that is reported to act like Dragon's Stand 2.0, but I didn't have time to participate. They've also added mastery objects from HoT and LWS3, namely ley lines, updrafts, bouncing mushrooms, vines from Draconis Mons, hot tubes from Ember Bay and maybe something else I missed.

Skyscale has pretty long collection to unlock, so I tried it only in cases where it was needed for plot. Seems like decent mount, the only thing I disliked is how long it takes to descend on it. Again, not sure if I missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Argh. Not a fan of 3rd party methods. I just wish Anet would because it would mean a whole new level of optimisation.
    Yeah, I agree, I wish the game was better optimized. I guess engine is pretty hard to rework since it's based on GW1.
    Looking for Raid.

Gah, can't play till I get my new GPU but I at least logged in from my work machine and unlocked the story. Heard that they brought back some old masteries (lava vents etc.) for the new zone as optional ways to get around faster, big fan of that since so many old masteries have largely been abandoned outside of the few zones they were used in when they were released. That and the new zone being a bit more like the Dragon's Stand meta, which I always enjoyed. I just wish the in-game boss portal thingy gave updates about zone events in PoF/HoT zones in addition to the bosses in classic zones.

Now to hope I can avoid spoilers (<3 people above for using spoiler tags) so I can go into the story without any expectations.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any one have any idea of what has happen't to Dulfy?. No updates since April 30th
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Any one have any idea of what has happen't to Dulfy?. No updates since April 30th
    Hard to say, site is probably hacked (there are three new posts with some bullshit and suspicious links), but her Twitter and Reddit accounts are in radio silence.
    Looking for Raid.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    So from her discord via reddit admin, she's fine but has something serious that needs full attention IRL. Can confirm her site has been hacked since her inactivity, getting access via an old account under the name 'Cloake'. People have let her reddit mods know and I think they can get in touch with her, but no updates. Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...dulfy/enn5l52/
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that sucks about dulfy. Her brand has been the backbone of several mmos, not just GW2.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now to hope there's a decent sale on the few GPU's I'm looking to get since my old one died. I'm avoiding info about the update (specifically story related) as per my usual, I like going into these with zero expectations or idea of what's coming. Going to be neat seeing how they wrap up this storyline and what breadcrumbs they leave for the next LS season.
    Take a look at /r/buildapcsales - They have GPU's on sale daily. The RX570's and RX580's are often going for $130 to $170 with 2 games. I think that AMD is clearing stock for the release of Navi in Q3. Another option is the EVGA B-Stock (https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8). They have clearance sales every Wednesday or Tuesday (not sure which) at 12:00am PST.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Take a look at /r/buildapcsales - They have GPU's on sale daily. The RX570's and RX580's are often going for $130 to $170 with 2 games. I think that AMD is clearing stock for the release of Navi in Q3. Another option is the EVGA B-Stock (https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8). They have clearance sales every Wednesday or Tuesday (not sure which) at 12:00am PST.
    Yeah, that's one of the places I'm keeping an eye out on (slickdeals and a few other places too). I'm probably going to stick with nvidia right now, looking for a 1660ti (which should be a nice upgrade from my old 970) or maybe a cheap 1070.

Do you get that mount just for completing the episode? Or do you need the stupid Gryphon first? lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the places I'm keeping an eye out on (slickdeals and a few other places too). I'm probably going to stick with nvidia right now, looking for a 1660ti (which should be a nice upgrade from my old 970) or maybe a cheap 1070.
    I grabbed a PowerColor RX 570 for cheap and it smokes games.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Do you get that mount just for completing the episode? Or do you need the stupid Gryphon first? lol.
    There's absurdly long timegated collection for it, but no, you don't need Griffon so far. Map has many Skyscale roosts that let you use the mount for some steps.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There's absurdly long timegated collection for it, but no, you don't need Griffon so far. Map has many Skyscale roosts that let you use the mount for some steps.
    Ok I will have to get on it then, is it all soloable? I have a tanky Reaper and he can solo most PoF content.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ok I will have to get on it then, is it all soloable? I have a tanky Reaper and he can solo most PoF content.
    I'm still on the first collection, so far it's searching some interactables on new map and doing 10 events on each lane, so yes, mostly soloable.
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man the new mount collection. Not sure how much I like it or hate it. Part of me has wanted an excuse to go back to old maps, the collection itself reminds me the old legendary collections. The other part of me is used to being able to burn through content and timegates suck. It wouldn't be bad without the forced timegates that have nothing to do with even timers and how much supply you have on hand. Straight up, you can't progress until tomorrow, sucks.

I finished taking the egg around, and that wasn't bad. Gotta wait for reset to start feeding & stuff, which I guess takes 4 days. Not sure what's after that, if anything.

I didn't mind taking the egg around to old zones, the markers were handy and some of the stuff was amusing. I disliked running around the new zone in circles a few times, especially going up to the wing again and again...

My main problem with this stuff is that I don't really need Spirit Shards, but can't begin earning XP for the new Mastery until I complete the achievements. Repeating the same stuff over and over again isn't fun gameplay.

There's also the thing that the loaner drakes in the zone are only active for folks that story there way there, rather than teleporting in via the Portal. Not a huge deal of course, but figured I'd do zone completion on an alt while tagging eggs or whatever.

It was sort of amusing taking my warrior to get the buff to massacre folks, then running over to start killing my way through centaurs and bandits.

You know what REALLY sucks though? These stupid teal-booster things in the black lion chests. Literally giving a bonus item that can be sold at the vendor? So boring. Meanwhile it takes up a slot in the granted prizes, but I still used a few keys trying to get a couple of the other items.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    They are reducing the hard timegates for the skyscale next week.

Anyone else struggling to go past page 1861 in this thread? It says it can't load because I get redirected too many times. I've tried clearing cookies but nothing works.

Finally near the finish line for the Skyscale, just got the last collection to do tomorrow. I have all the LW4 currencies for the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Anyone else struggling to go past page 1861 in this thread? It says it can't load because I get redirected too many times. I've tried clearing cookies but nothing works.

Finally near the finish line for the Skyscale, just got the last collection to do tomorrow. I have all the LW4 currencies for the saddle.
    same prob here with the last page i cant get further than 931 atm

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post

I've had that issue on various threads where it lists more pages but puts the last post on wherever. So like you, the last posts are appearing on 1861 for me, but it shows like 20 more pages. I think it just has to do with big threads and perhaps missing posts/ users or something.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."