Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was shorter than I thought it would be, but overall I liked where it's going...even if it's more dragons. There was a distinct lack of Taimi though, they need to fix that ASAP.
    I did love the final cut scene, quite well done I thought.
    New masteries: Hate the idea of them, reminding me of the nonsense Aegis system from TSW and seems like it'll be more annoying than interesting/fun. Haven't unlocked them all yet, but we'll see how it plays out.
    They just seem, mechanical, I guess. No flavor to them, just there. Plus, while I have a bunch of Mastery Points for PoF, which worked last season, now I need to earn Jormag Mastery Points, because Gating. Meh on them.

New zone: Not in love with the design, feels a bit too corridored to get from one area to the next and there's not as much fun verticality. Haven't seen too much even variety yet, but the events seem alright for the most part. New strike was confusing, and I'm not sure what exactly the mechanics are, but was fun enough in a pug.
    Haven't tried Strikes. As I mentioned before, I don't like zones that are densely packed. Especially when there's just the one waypoint. It's not horrible with mounts, but sometimes I'd like to be able to stop and do something else without being attacked.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Like the new zone and story, dislike the new masteries, hate the zone meta achievement.

Edit: Also, regarding the new strikes. Tried one, wiped, people left, i left too. Went back in and... it's the same id? Do they really have traditional id's now?
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2019-11-26 at 01:55 AM.

If they have shorter episodes that are more frequent that's fine...but I hope they don't have new maps for each one, then. That's just going to spread out the playerbase too damn much. I like new maps, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather see older zones updated with new mechanics/events/content or to have zones rolled out in stages so that we all stay together in the overall area but can dip in and out of what we want to play.

Is GW2 actually still a Thing? I Just hear it dies, people Just Rush episodes and then log Off.

Dunno how true this is. I Always wanted to start GW2 but Always scared to end Up in a dead Game in EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Like the new zone and story, dislike the new masteries, hate the zone meta achievement.

Edit: Also, regarding the new strikes. Tried one, wiped, people left, i left too. Went back in and... it's the same id? Do they really have traditional id's now?
    If you do public I believe you get an assigned public ID for the day. Premade groups work like raids, I think, where you have your own progress but can only see the bosses that the instance opener hasn't killed yet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Played the episode yesterday; damn that was short and actually easy. compared to previous episodes stuff just dies so much faster. (might be some influence of my having ascended gear now; but i doubt it makes so much difference)
    Had no idea the boss at the end was actually the leader of all the sons of svanir...

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It would have been nice if they'd mentioned it ahead of time, so you could work on the 250 while doing other stuff.
    For myself, I was lucky enough to have a team of alts to ride the daily hearts and buy the stuff I needed, along with some of the home-nodes for stuff. So it took 2-3 days to hit the 250's.
    Well the new map has a vendor that allows you to trade in 25 of the map currency + some unbound magic into 10 of any of the previous map currencies, making them farmable (except trade contracts, but those were always easily farmable via treasure-hunting anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If they have shorter episodes that are more frequent that's fine...but I hope they don't have new maps for each one, then. That's just going to spread out the playerbase too damn much. I like new maps, don't get me wrong, but I'd much rather see older zones updated with new mechanics/events/content or to have zones rolled out in stages so that we all stay together in the overall area but can dip in and out of what we want to play.
    Its an issue with new ANet that has been a thing since GW2 launch. They have so many great assets to reuse but they rather waste a fuckton of time making new shit that people will only experience ONCE. And hella fast, at that. Take the new story.. its a joke really, in terms of content. And the whole pokemon red blue green shit like come on its clearly just a retarded WoW style gate to open chests, it doesn't even matter if no one has the buff the bosses still die albeit a little slower.

Really feels like they're grasping at straws at this point to prolong shit content. I mean don't get me wrong, beautiful zone, great shit. But how long did they spend designing that tiny part, cuz they refuse to reuse anything as much as WoW players complain about it, that's how Blizz can shit out 9000 mounts they're just all reskins. I'm not saying that's what ANet should do but at least reuse shit a few times instead of wasting development on new hour long content that takes months to develop.

Literally a fucking joke. And they abandoned expaNSION for this... top lulkek

But hey, if they design more than a single pvp mode to be viable, the playerbase will be split. Fucking maximum laugh reacts only. Such a bunch of fucking hypocrites who only care about pve and even that is failing.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-11-26 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Well the new map has a vendor that allows you to trade in 25 of the map currency + some unbound magic into 10 of any of the previous map currencies, making them farmable (except trade contracts, but those were always easily farmable via treasure-hunting anyway)
    I think it's 5 per currency per day, but haven't done it in a while, also don't recall if it's per alt. That's still 25/50 days if you go that route.
    (Edit: I thought you meant the Dragonfall zone vendor, you're right that the Bjora Marches vendor gives this, so I guess you can do both.)
    Most of the hearts in the respective zones give 5 per heart, 4ish hearts, 20 currency per day per alt. Plus whatever I already had. If I'd known ahead of time that I needed it though, I'd have been doing that while the main ran around the world doing all the various other things needed for it.

The Skyscale IS fun though, so it is what it is.
    Last edited by Svifnymr; 2019-11-26 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    Is GW2 actually still a Thing? I Just hear it dies, people Just Rush episodes and then log Off.

Dunno how true this is. I Always wanted to start GW2 but Always scared to end Up in a dead Game in EU.
    Yes, the game is still a thing. The bulk of the game's content is completing maps and rerunning event chains. I eventually became bored of that after a while. I did raiding when HoT came out but dropped out of that pretty quickly. Otherwise, the only thing that kept me coming back was the story, which 1. had some pretty shaky writing and 2. wasn't presented all that well.

If you want to buy, the Path of Fire expansion (which includes HoT) should be going on sale for Black Friday.

I think it's 5 per currency per day, but haven't done it in a while, also don't recall if it's per alt. That's still 25/50 days if you go that route.
    (Edit: I thought you meant the Dragonfall zone vendor, you're right that the Bjora Marches vendor gives this, so I guess you can do both.)
    Most of the hearts in the respective zones give 5 per heart, 4ish hearts, 20 currency per day per alt. Plus whatever I already had. If I'd known ahead of time that I needed it though, I'd have been doing that while the main ran around the world doing all the various other things needed for it.

The Skyscale IS fun though, so it is what it is.
    Yup, i'm at about 170ish with all resources... except for trade contracts, which i farmed with treasure hunting in the highlands.
    The skyscale has the same issue most of the GW2 content has; i know i want it, but for what?

Hmm is there any good way to farm achivement points? I really like the radiant armor skin, but they seem to stack up very slowly. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Yup, i'm at about 170ish with all resources... except for trade contracts, which i farmed with treasure hunting in the highlands.
    The skyscale has the same issue most of the GW2 content has; i know i want it, but for what?

Hmm is there any good way to farm achivement points? I really like the radiant armor skin, but they seem to stack up very slowly. :S

I actually don't get achievement points from Dailies anymore. Really you just go through all the achievements and do stuff you don't feel like doing...

The main repeatable thing is dailies and salvaging. I'm at 26,959 and need 27,000 to finally get my Hellfire leggings, then it's not the final piece until 30k. It's barely even a goal anymore since most of the stuff I skipped is because it's too irritating for me.

Been ages since I played anything but my firebrand builds so I dicked around and made a berserker dragonhunter build. It's kinda silly and amuses me to no end right now, and it's definitely faster at killing little things which is nice.

Totally forgot about the Skyscale mount. Now that I've got all the new mastery stuff (IMO the charr zone > most recent one) I guess I should get around to that...so many longterm projects I've forgotten to start or forgotten about altogether -_-

I forgot how much I enjoy just tinkering around and exploring in this game. Skyscale achieves are a great excuse to putter all over Tyria and revisit a lot of zones I haven't been to in ages. And it's completing some other achieves and fun stuff I hadn't done before in the process which is a nice bonus-perk.

I really should make it a habit to play more regularly and work on achieves instead of gear grinding and whatnot.

New patch dropping apparently.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/disc...-3-2019#latest

Out of combat weapon swap for ele/engi seems like a nice QoL buff, but not particularly meaningful.

Dynamic UI seems kinda neato, gonna mess around with that while finishing up my Skyscale farming.

They added a gemstore cape, which has 4 dye channels and looks nice.

They also added a guild cape, which is short, ugly, 2 dye channels, but costs 10g and 10 commendations.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a lot of ele hours, the weapon swap thing is nice for open world and WvW. Don't have to keep my inventory open for the off chance I need a staff.

Capes were a huge surprise. I guess that's the new gem store venture.

Dynamic UI is also cool.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The gem store cape is pretty nice, but the guild one is just disappointing. Too short and lack of detail. It does show your guild emblem at least, but meh.

The Dynamic UI is neat enough, but I haven't figured out if/how I'll change things! I'm used to the same old way! They didn't really attract attention to it's addition though, same with adding the pvp gear option. Yeah they're in the notes, but not too sure everyone will see things there.

Oh yeah, capes...meh. At least they don't clip with charr tails : P

Dynamic UI is kinda nice. Tinkered around a bit and I like that you can functionally turn off a solid chunk of the UI for out of combat exploration like skill bars, then have it pop back up in combat while things like objective or the chat window go away. Definitely going to make for a cleaner experience.

Also weapons now have a checkbox that hides them when stowed, similar to the hide-helmet/gloves/backpack options, except they'll still appear when drawn.

Also weapons now have a checkbox that hides them when stowed, similar to the hide-helmet/gloves/backpack options, except they'll still appear when drawn.
    Well it would be pretty awkward the other way around...