Also weapons now have a checkbox that hides them when stowed, similar to the hide-helmet/gloves/backpack options, except they'll still appear when drawn.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Also weapons now have a checkbox that hides them when stowed, similar to the hide-helmet/gloves/backpack options, except they'll still appear when drawn.
    Well it would be pretty awkward the other way around...

Just leaving this here - was part of a top 50 w. rank guild in GW back in the days, tried GW2 the other week - man I hated everything about it ...

Quote Originally Posted by KBDK View Post
    Just leaving this here - was part of a top 50 w. rank guild in GW back in the days, tried GW2 the other week - man I hated everything about it ...
    Nice blog post.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?
    1) If you need gear, one of the easiest ways is buying exotics on TP. Berserker's is the cheapest and most versatile set.
    2) You can watch WP's build guides for your class. He makes sure to explain mechanics, so it's very useful in general if you want to understand how to play.
    3) You don't really need legendary weapons, weapons usually have 1-2 preferred stat sets and it's much cheaper to get couple of ascended weapons.
    4) Ascended in general doesn't provide amount of stats that would make difference in the content you are playing through right now, so you can take your time getting them. Other than that, you need ascended for higher level fractals (for agony resistance), but for T1 and T2 ascended trinkets are enough and you can easily get them either with laurels or by farming LWS3 and LWS4 maps. Don't forget to attune and infuse your ascended rings, these four extra slots are massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    1) If you need gear, one of the easiest ways is buying exotics on TP. Berserker's is the cheapest and most versatile set.
    2) You can watch WP's build guides for your class. He makes sure to explain mechanics, so it's very useful in general if you want to understand how to play.
    3) You don't really need legendary weapons, weapons usually have 1-2 preferred stat sets and it's much cheaper to get couple of ascended weapons.
    4) Ascended in general doesn't provide amount of stats that would make difference in the content you are playing through right now, so you can take your time getting them. Other than that, you need ascended for higher level fractals (for agony resistance), but for T1 and T2 ascended trinkets are enough and you can easily get them either with laurels or by farming LWS3 and LWS4 maps. Don't forget to attune and infuse your ascended rings, these four extra slots are massive.
    What they said. Also, Metabattle isn't a bad site to check for builds as well, usually base mine off there.

Beyond that, (responding to sinilaid), I'd focus on clearing out story content. That will open more zones and give you quite a few mastery points and other goodies. Beyond that, it's either farming bosses/zone events/fractals (once you want to start on ascended gear) or focusing on achievements for specific rewards. I usually have a checklist of a handful I'm working on when I play, most recently the Skyscale mount collections.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    so I returned after a long time and don't know what to do really. Currently, I'm trying to do the story, level masterys, find gear because I never did endgame during vanilla so I have garbage and do part on of the legendary weapon. And I honestly don't feel like making any progress, so what should I do first? Finish the story content and then look for gear? Or what order should I take?
    Make ascended gear. Exact same stats. Can't freely statswap it (but you can still stat-swap in the mystic forge) and doesn't have the fancy legendary skin. Sounds like you're doing legendary crafting for your precursor, which is a huge resource dump even for people who have played the game for a long time, nonetheless someone just returning. Also most people don't actually need to statswap because they play a class that doesn't need it or only stick to one role.

If you have the expacs, theres a ton of story content to do and the rewards are still relevant, except the pre level 80 stuff.

Raids are designed for exotic gear but theres masteries that you need like updrafts (gliding) off the top of my head. T4 fractals require ascended gear but theres a progression system for those anyway. You'd start off doing T1s which don't even require you to be lvl 80 for some of them.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

https://snowcrows.com/raids/

I'd skim through those two websites for your class and build. Gearing (exotics) isn't hard at all. I've seen people casually do in a week and some do it in a few hours. These are people with fresh level 80s and no endgame experience. The challenge comes in learning your class and game mechanics. How to survive, how to do your job, how to do it well, how to tweak stuff as needed. Also looking good while doing it, 80% of this game is visual rewards.