Now that's actually cool.

• New upgradable hub in Eye of the North
    • LWS1 missions
    • Playing as Ryland's warband with cool weapon unlocks
    • Special armor set
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I dunno why they seemed to lead with the "play as another character" vs. "YOU CAN GO BACK AND DO S1 STUFF AGAIN AND BTW EYE OF THE NORTH!", both those seem way more exciting.

I'm more excited now. Wish they could get better at messaging, they really need a new blood for their marketing, communications, and community teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wish they could get better at messaging, they really need a new blood for their marketing, communications, and community teams.
    This. Their marketing team is terrible at their work.
    Looking for Raid.

So the whole "classic"-schtick has finally also hit GW2?

- reuse of previously released episodes
    - go back to previously released zones, but this time around play as one of 5 "not-your-characters".

Sounds a hell of a lot like they are starving for developers and pulled a cheap rehash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

- go back to previously released zones, but this time around play as one of 5 "not-your-characters".

Sounds a hell of a lot like they are starving for developers and pulled a cheap rehash
    Being able to re-visit the LS season 1 content has been a massively requested feature for years though, you can't exactly fault them for finally making it happen in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post

Not in the slightest.

Previous episodes were unable to be brought back due to the way they were created and the tech was at the time. People have been asking for S1 to come back in some fashion for a while, especially since a lot of folks missed out on bits of it, and it seems like this is their solution.

Not a big fan of playing as "not my character", but that has nothing to do with classic. It seems more that this was the easiest way they could narratively fit this together and like they need a bit of time to work on the "future" story so this buys them that time.

They're nowhere near as staffed as they once were and that's clear at times, but even accounting for that these latest episodes have been pretty solid. Looks like a lot more than a cheap rehash to me.

New roadmap released:
    • Ep 3 in Woodland Cascades (that area to the north of Kryta with BotP raid)
    • WvW inspired map (probably similar to Silverwastes)
    • New Strike Mission with some special mechanics
    • Legendary trinkets in PvP and WvW
    • They are working on new expansion, 99% it's Cantha based on concept art and mention of Winds of Change
    Looking for Raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really happening. Cantha is happening.

I may have to quit ESO full time and go back to GW2 after release, if I don't get my classic assassin elite spec with the same GW1 mechanics ima be fucking livid but I'm excited just to see the gorgeous architecture and story either way. OMG CANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiro motherfuckin tagachi better return from the underworld fuck those boring ass dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    New roadmap released:
    • Ep 3 in Woodland Cascades (that area to the north of Kryta with BotP raid)
    • WvW inspired map (probably similar to Silverwastes)
    • New Strike Mission with some special mechanics
    • Legendary trinkets in PvP and WvW
    • They are working on new expansion, 99% it's Cantha based on concept art and mention of Winds of Change
    Cantha holds no value to me since I never played GW1 very much, but I'm stoked that they're confirming an expansion. The game needs it bad, and I've been worried that we wouldn't see news like this for quite a while.

This is good!

Legendary neck and ring are super exciting. They'll probably just contribute to the visual effect of the rest of the trinkets which would be somewhat disappointing but I very much like the idea of getting a ring from WvW. Might even get back into sPvP for the sake of a neck.

Oh and there's an expac in the works that's good.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope the WvW and PVP aren't tied closely to tickets like the WvW backpiece and armor.

Weird that Anet was just at PAX and announced none of this stuff.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have recently started GW2 due to the sales and basically because i decided, since WoW is not for me anymore, that i should try -again- all other long lasting MMOs that i have not really game them a chance since their inception.

I quite enjoy ffxiv so far but sth tells me that GW2 is better suited for me (not better). Therefore,

I would like to ask the community here, whether GW resets in each expansion basically the same way WoW does or it keeps most of the things that you have acquired.

Basically, i would like you to tell me how much i have to push now that the new expansion has been hinted.

TBH, I am not a hardcore player anymore, which this alone limits my pushing abilities ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I have recently started GW2 due to the sales and basically because i decided, since WoW is not for me anymore, that i should try -again- all other long lasting MMOs that i have not really game them a chance since their inception.

I quite enjoy ffxiv so far but sth tells me that GW2 is better suited for me (not better). Therefore,

I would like to ask the community here, whether GW resets in each expansion basically the same way WoW does or it keeps most of the things that you have acquired.

Basically, i would like you to tell me how much i have to push now that the new expansion has been hinted.

TBH, I am not a hardcore player anymore, which this alone limits my pushing abilities ^^.
    GW2 is very different from WoW. "Pushing" in GW2 isn't a thing, because obtaining the best gear isn't the endgame in GW2. Obtaining the best gear in GW2 is, with a few exceptions, very easy to do.
    Expansions in GW2 don't reset anything, they introduce new features or expand on existing ones and introduce new areas to explore and more story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post

Nothing resets in GW2. FF14 gearing is really good compared to WoW even with xpac resets. There is no cancerous rng other than the gear dropping itself and you get token currency to buy off merchant if you farm so you get the gear either way. Its like Wotlk era of gearing. The only thing that really sucks about 14 is the questing is awful. You can easily play both at once but to get to the end game in 14 is going to take forever without boosting because all the quests are mandatory. GW2 just lets you jump into whatever immediately except you'll want to be geared and built proper for a raid. They are both about the same casualness in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    GW2 is very different from WoW. "Pushing" in GW2 isn't a thing, because obtaining the best gear isn't the endgame in GW2. Obtaining the best gear in GW2 is, with a few exceptions, very easy to do.
    Expansions in GW2 don't reset anything, they introduce new features or expand on existing ones and introduce new areas to explore and more story.
    Also your shit isn't completely replaced each patch, things you got in og Gw2 are still useful now based on your build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Also your shit isn't completely replaced each patch, things you got in og Gw2 are still useful now based on your build.
    Just to prove this point: I've got gear on my Elementalist that I crafted months before the first expansion dropped (October 23, 2015 was when Heart of Thorns released) that is just as effective today as it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Weird that Anet was just at PAX and announced none of this stuff.
    Agreed sorta, but at the same time this was very much just a "confirmation we're working on this". they're likely way, way, way too early to start showing anything or discussing concrete plans.

I still think their PAX East presence was a big waste of money though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Its really happening. Cantha is happening.

I may have to quit ESO full time and go back to GW2 after release, if I don't get my classic assassin elite spec with the same GW1 mechanics ima be fucking livid but I'm excited just to see the gorgeous architecture and story either way. OMG CANTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiro motherfuckin tagachi better return from the underworld fuck those boring ass dragons
    Man, I'm torn. I like the story and world of ESO better, and it has the housing which is tons of fun. On the other hand, GW2 has better combat. Hmmmmm. If GW2 had ESO housing it'd be an easy choice for me.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Man, I'm torn. I like the story and world of ESO better, and it has the housing which is tons of fun. On the other hand, GW2 has better combat. Hmmmmm. If GW2 had ESO housing it'd be an easy choice for me.
    Its a bit of a shame that GW2 doesn't have h actual housing because the tech is kind of there. Maybe it is a server load issue they never bothered to solve.

We have custom home instances that a tailored to your character. We have guild halls that allow you to place a ton of objects. There's one (and another one about to release) personal instance that's between your home instance and a guild hall

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I agree, ESO is far better structured than GW2, with very mature lore in comparison (and not a 12 year old writing it). But I am a complete sucker for Cantha. It will steal me away for a while, but I imagine I will eventually go back to ESO. At least I'll have time to play through greymoor before this xpac releases, really excited to see the underground of skyrim as well. There are times I like the ESO combat more and times I like the simplicity of GW2 combat when I don't want a challenge, but in the end ESO wins me over. Playing my thief vs playing my stamblade is like the difference between building a lego house and building a literal house.