Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    if you play any game with gear as your only purpose then you will lose enjoyment very fast, gear is only a means to make things a little easier and should never be the end goal.
    Well, it has kept me going on every MMO I have ever played and in WOW for 15 years. I play to get better gear and make my character stronger, always have enjoyed this way and always will. It's why I love Diablo games, Warframe, and basically any Survival games I have ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Because thats how progression works in GW2?

You cant just muscle your way through content with gear.
    Back in my day we just zerged through content even without gear

10+ Year Old Account
    if you play any game with gear as your only purpose then you will lose enjoyment very fast, gear is only a means to make things a little easier and should never be the end goal.
    Gear progression is actually the main selling point in WoW and games that copy its model so there's no surprise that's what drives some people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Gear progression is actually the main selling point in WoW and games that copy its model so there's no surprise that's what drives some people.
    Gear has nothing to do with WoWs selling point, in most MMOs gear is just thrown at you so it has very little value. If you can do all the content already what does it matter having BiS gear, mythic raiders that clear raids while current usually stop raiding for a while or just do it until everyone has the mount as they dont really care about gear.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear has nothing to do with WoWs selling point, in most MMOs gear is just thrown at you so it has very little value. If you can do all the content already what does it matter having BiS gear, mythic raiders that clear raids while current usually stop raiding for a while or just do it until everyone has the mount as they dont really care about gear.
    One of first things people who like complain about WoW say how casual it's gotten in regards to gear progression.

The game has given players more ways to reach a base level of gear in WoW but gear progression is still biggest carrot endgame. People push M+s to push their gear level so they can push more M+s. Can you enjoy WoW without caring about gear? Yes. Same way you can play anything your own way.

In an alternative system such as GW2s once you have the stats for your build, the gear might as well be useless. You don't need to run raids/fractals (M+) for more gear to make your build stronger. If you leave and combat back your first priority isn't to grind the catch up mechanism of the patch. If you can't beat a boss you can't add ilvls to your gear to make it easier.

Neither system is better but if you are motivated by gear power GW2 just isn't the game to play.

One of first things people who like complain about WoW say how casual it's gotten in regards to gear progression.

The game has given players more ways to reach a base level of gear in WoW but gear progression is still biggest carrot endgame. People push M+s to push their gear level so they can push more M+s. Can you enjoy WoW without caring about gear? Yes. Same way you can play anything your own way.

In an alternative system such as GW2s once you have the stats for your build, the gear might as well be useless. You don't need to run raids/fractals (M+) for more gear to make your build stronger. If you leave and combat back your first priority isn't to grind the catch up mechanism of the patch. If you can't beat a boss you can't add ilvls to your gear to make it easier.

Neither system is better but if you are motivated by gear power GW2 just isn't the game to play.
    WoW is a casual MMO and gear has never been hard to get, gear comes no matter what you do so your going to be pretty strong regardless so gear progression is irrelevant in WoW, if your not doing the hardest content in the game then better gear does barely anything for you.

Between the gear you buy in GW2 and the best stuff the stats are only slightly better but the investment to get that gear is very high.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-05-06 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a casual MMO and gear has never been hard to get, gear comes no matter what you do so your going to be pretty strong regardless so gear progression is irrelevant in WoW, if your not doing the hardest content in the game then better gear does barely anything for you.

Between the gear you buy in GW2 and the best stuff the stats are only slightly better but the investment to get that gear is very high.
    Can we really say gear in WoW was easy until WotLK? I mean it wasn't insanely difficult but a degree of effort had to be made to reach parts of endgame.

WoW is still gear driven, casual as it is. I can't just slap on the first gear I get at 120 and be ready for the newest raid. I have to grind ilvls, which might take 5 min or 5 days depending on many factors. There are actually systemic reasons to chance ilvls in WoW.

In GW2 you are geared for raids 30 min after you hit lvl 80 and never need another another piece of gear if you don't want it.

People in WoW claim that professions do not mean anything and then complain that all the best gear in GW2 is crafted and takes work.

Can we really say gear in WoW was easy until WotLK? I mean it wasn't insanely difficult but a degree of effort had to be made to reach parts of endgame.

WoW is still gear driven, casual as it is. I can't just slap on the first gear I get at 120 and be ready for the newest raid. I have to grind ilvls, which might take 5 min or 5 days depending on many factors. There are actually systemic reasons to chance ilvls in WoW.

In GW2 you are geared for raids 30 min after you hit lvl 80 and never need another another piece of gear if you don't want it.
    Actually in WoW you can just get a fresh max level and get boosted in raids and get all the gear, granted you still need the cloak but that does not take long to get, gear should only be cosmetic a much better system would be your character gets stronger and gear is just cosmetic and maybe just defensive stats because it makes no sense all your power is in the gear.

It takes a ton of effort or gold to get full ascended gear in GW2 because you still have to craft it all yourself.

Keep in mind, when people keep talking about no gear progression they are really saying there is no way for me to feel superior to others by constantly having better gear than everyone else

redoing the orrian storyline and man some of the missions are hard af
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tons of ascended sets without crafting, however my initial set did come from there, mix with laurel vendor and fractal.

If the crafting UI wasn't so cancer I would craft more. Fuck that thing.

Just starting the latest update, the lack of voices is a bit of a bummer but the grunts they put in are kinda endearing in a way.

And either I'm now in a videogame, or someone else has great taste in music!

Very curious to see how this PvE version of WvWvW works.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just starting the latest update, the lack of voices is a bit of a bummer but the grunts they put in are kinda endearing in a way.

And either I'm now in a videogame, or someone else has great taste in music!

Very curious to see how this PvE version of WvWvW works.
    These guys have been in the game since launch

There are a ton of returning characters in the patch. More than a few of the bosses in the post-final phase of the map are Personal Story characters for Charr.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    These guys have been in the game since launch

There are a ton of returning characters in the patch. More than a few of the bosses in the post-final phase of the map are Personal Story characters for Charr.
    Well damn, I've either never noticed or never got far enough into my Charr's personal story to see them (she's 80 but I don't think I got terribly far...or I did and have forgotten most of it. I wish we could replay those!). Was just a delight, because some form of Edgecrusher has been one of my go-to usernames on the interwebs since I was a younger lad listening to the shit outta that song (which is still awesome).

I think I've noticed a few of the Charr names being familiar, but haven't gone too far yet. Mucked around with some of the WvW stuff, don't really fully understand it yet but it's kinda fun and seems like the zone will be my new "go-to" for when I just wanna dick around and get some loot/kill some stuff. Still need to finish the actual story, I'm very much enjoying what I've played so far and will absolutely be replaying it when they patch in voices.

I like the story overall. Feels very short, and I think the oversold the depth of the writing in discussing it before launch, but overall it's fine enough. There's one character that's getting super obviously set up to either be a replacement "bad guy" or have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice and redemption and I hate how it seems so obviously telegraphed.

Oh well, kinda short/underwhelming story (feels about as long as the last non-official-update with EotN, which was itself short), but the new zone is pretty fun. Don't really fully understand everything yet, but going around and doing random events etc. for supply and then rebuilding bases is enjoyable and relaxing. Seems like it shits a ton of crafting mats at you.

Is there a reason to pledge to a legion? I'm still not sure what all that stuff is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

I can't tell if this is real or troll

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2020-06-02 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is there a reason to pledge to a legion? I'm still not sure what all that stuff is all about.
    There are four Legion-specific achievements that resemble WvW reward tracks in structure. If you pledge to Legion all your commendations that you earn through mission achievements and events go to it, you progress through this Legion's achievement faster. If you don't pledge, they are equally divided between all four Legions.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2020-06-03 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Hell, I still haven't done the last (flashback) episode. I do log in each day for some running around and did build a Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra, but between lockdown related hours changes at job, and general malaise, plus painting mini's, I just have no interest in the story.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I can't add anything to this other than I am not surprised from the clowns that work at ANet, bunch of sjw feminist nuts and hipster bois.

I can't tell if this is real or troll

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/...or-revolution/
    May not reflect well professionally... but she's not wrong?