10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ember-17-2020/

The new icebrood saga champions is out.
    Its a strange release. From the surface it looks like just 3 meaningless instances and a weird community event. Anet is very vague about it and once again forgets that people can't read their minds. To most people it probably feels like a half episode.

What it seems to be, based on stuff Anet said in the past and data mining, is an episode the evolves over time. Something they did in season 1 but it was better communicated back then.

I'll hold judgment until we see if the episode does evolve in 2 weeks or so.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

GW2 Easter Egg in Wow-Shadowlands?

Found on the GW2 subreddit.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 Characters

Can anyone please tell me how to increase the character slots in free-to-play account????

Quote Originally Posted by allmodworld View Post
    Can anyone please tell me how to increase the character slots in free-to-play account????
    Not sure you can to be honest other than farming gold and converting it into gems. Also they do give away free stuff from time to time so make sure you log in daily. I don't think they ever gave away any character slots though.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodworld View Post
    Just a reminder, you can use "PaySafe Cards" for GW2. They are really accessible and easy to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    New patch hit. This time with 4 of those DRM maps. The first round of DRMs were straight garbage with an even worse rollout. I think Anet was just ready to end the year and just turned in what they had like a college student who is throwing their hands up on a term paper. It was bad.

This real is a lot better. The maps are better designed and they introduced some QoL fixes to all DRMs in general. Rewards are have improved a lot. Their vision makes more sense. Champions if definitly the last episode of the "Saga" but the scope of it was too big so they split it, not calling 4 separate episodes because of the way the story is being told. Like they way the last HP movies were split.

The patch also introduced some core QoL features such of increased drop rates for some items and making others selling - ultimately making gearing a lot easier for new/casual players beyond the two main dps variants.

Best news, the moved up their release timeline by an entire month. Which means EOD is coming sooner rather than later or greatly improved their workflow (something they'd been struggling with departures+the pandemic).

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Best news, the moved up their release timeline by an entire month. Which means EOD is coming sooner rather than later or greatly improved their workflow (something they'd been struggling with departures+the pandemic).
    They moved it from indefinite date in May to late April. For all we know, it might have been May 4 release that's now coming on April 27. And they've already told Champions' release timeline is not connected to EoD development.

I only did Ebonhawke DRM from this patch and can't really be arsed to play the rest. Overall Champions is one of the worst episodes so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    They moved it from indefinite date in May to late April. For all we know, it might have been May 4 release that's now coming on April 27. And they've already told Champions' release timeline is not connected to EoD development.

I only did Ebonhawke DRM from this patch and can't really be arsed to play the rest. Overall Champions is one of the worst episodes so far.
    It takes less than an hour to play all four of the new DRMs. The Ebonhawk in general is the fastest one. The pre-event takes hardly any time and the rest is just killing mobs as fast as you possibly can. You couldn't give the game an hour?

It takes less than an hour to play all four of the new DRMs. The Ebonhawk in general is the fastest one. The pre-event takes hardly any time and the rest is just killing mobs as fast as you possibly can. You couldn't give the game an hour?
    I gave it more, just outside of this episode's content. DRMs are terrible gameplay-wise and plot took a dive since second part of Drizzlewood. They've obviously had more story planned for IBS, but it got axed to switch most of the staff to EoD development.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I gave it more, just outside of this episode's content. DRMs are terrible gameplay-wise and plot took a dive since second part of Drizzlewood. They've obviously had more story planned for IBS, but it got axed to switch most of the staff to EoD development.
    The first round of DRMs...Anet should feel embarrassed. The second round I feel like the content makes sense. I know they aren't for me but seem like instanced content for people who don't do fractals or raid. The bosses have actual mechanics a player has to respect. While those mechanics are run of the mill for an experienced player they the right kind of challenge for casual players or those who want to ease into the T4s and raids.

The CMs are a bit more tactical. They aren't super serious but it will make a player used to play some random open world build tweak their set up. I'll respect spoilers but the final DRM boss actually requires a bit of effort on CM. Feels like a T3/easy T4 fractal fight.

I really hope they pushed more people to EoD too be honest. Champions couldn't be over soon enough. I might be content with this release but still annoyed by this 'Champions' arc in general.

Oh nice, I haven't dug into the new update yet and was worried about the new DRM's being as garbage as the first batch. I keep forgetting this came out, it feels like these last updates don't have any of the fanfare and support that previous ones did. Oh well, a project for the weekend when I finally want to take a break from the new POE league.

Hell, I haven't even tried the last updates stuff. I started doing the story on the character I do the stories on and the stuff was just irritating on my Mesmer. I've been painting Necron's and Shasvaasti for a while, so the GW2 updates have just not drawn me in. I do log in daily to skip around a bit, but actual focused gameplay has been weeks. Hell, biggest thing I did lately was a week or so back when Dragon Stand was the event daily so I did it on some alts. Part of that is also that Wintersday is probably my least favorite holiday event too.

I did see that someone took over Dulfy's site, though I haven't used it lately to see how the quality compares. The format is a bit different and sort of meh, but can't judge the content myself.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Holy shit y'all. Big discoveries! I mean, probably not, but I thought it was kinda neat.

Quickness affects harvesting speeds!

And considering I'm usually rolling around with a Firebrand build so I can pretty consistently have that up before harvesting any node.

Yeah, the only character I really remember/know how to play at all is my guardian, though I can get by on my ranger/necro since they're both pretty faceroll. Everything else...not so much. Haven't even finished the main story missions on half of them either, that's a project for one day.

Adding deposit/compact buttons is great, I keep forgetting they're there since I'm not used to them but it's very handy to be able to dismantle and sort everything with just a few clicks. Copper dismantling machine thing is fuckin great.

And yes, mounts are great regardless of class/spec. Tons of mobility and flexibility in how you get around, especially as you unlock the optional stuff like gryphon/beetle/dragon. Beetle is fuckin clutch for huge, open zones where you can just zoom around and build up stamina doing jumps off small bumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, still just toolin' around, not doing much.

Still haven't really clicked with a class. Some of them are stupid effective (Renegade, Weaver, and everything Guardian) but I just don't say, "Wow, that was great!" when playing any of them, even if I do get to solo champions and group events with them. Especially Renegade which refuses to die.

Lots of sales coming up, it looks like! Maybe I'll grab some neat toys.
    I've played with a Renegade for the last half a year as well (although I've taken many breaks and don't play nearly every day).

My recommendation is that you try this build, condi shortbow renegade.

The great thing about it, apart from being absolutely monstrously good at soloing pretty much anything, is how amazingly versatile it is. Since there's really no legend that you absolutely have to use all the time, you're free to swap to whatever is best suited for the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's one of the videos I watched when putting together my current Renegade, yep!

It's completely absurd in how effective it is, that's for sure. Was soloing everything in sight. I just kinda start feeling bored after a while, especially with shortbow.

Maybe I should run around with sword/sword Shiro/Dwarf and go nuts. Although I did have fun on Power Dragonhunter in fractals tonight.

I see, yeah I suppose it can get a bit old to essentially just play with 1 weapon set.

For a more involved build, might I suggest Firebrand? You'll atleast have lots of skills to use with the tomes :P I haven't really followed the meta for a while, but they can be spec'ed in a number of ways, I have a quickness-focused Firebrand for fractals that I find quite fun to play. It's like a renegade in that it's a very versatile class.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I did see that someone took over Dulfy's site, though I haven't used it lately to see how the quality compares. The format is a bit different and sort of meh, but can't judge the content myself.
    I fucking hate it, the menu for finding the guides is gone so when I need to find something I need to google "dulfy guide <whatever>".

Tengu allies and champions story update. On the first actual story mission just be careful not to try and jump and glide right away when you hear them mention air currents you can't. Learned that the hard way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Tengu allies and champions story update. On the first actual story mission just be careful not to try and jump and glide right away when you hear them mention air currents you can't. Learned that the hard way lol.
    The volcano one? I really didn't like that mission...but I'm kinda liking a bit where the story is going with the characters (minus dragons, still bored to tears of dragons) and races. Not quite done with the update, I think I have at least one more mission, but I'm hoping this is the last of the DRM stuff. Really don't like the actual DRM mission format.

I don't have much knowledge about Tengu from GW1, but I'm always happy to see and interact more with the other races in the world. As long as they're not dragons. Seriously, fuck dragons and world ending threats constantly. Gimme more racial interactions and stories and smaller "threats", I always found that stuff more interesting. Even "dragon replacements" like Joko were a far sight better.