I'll say I thought the stream today was a complete disaster, felt like it was part of an anti-marketing campaign
    THAT SAID, the fact that the new legendaries will have versions for each elder dragon is fucking awesome!
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't want to show spoilers but what to show gameplay but can't really show gameplay because of spoilers.

I get what they were trying to do but it didn't work out. They wanted to kind of present some features in EOD to look forward to but it didn't work out. I don't think it was terrible, just not my thing. You could of told me we're getting a new hub like Eye of the North in blog post. An attempt was made. Baseless claim but I think FF14 launching its expansion on the same day (not the original plan) did take a little steam out of them.

I did like the legendary and guild hall showcase. The blog post of the legendaries is a nice bathroom/stuck in queue read as well.

Thinking about it, this showcase should have been a wrapup of everything previously shown because its the last one before launch...I think...could be wrong.

Edit: Completely forgot thry introduced new characters. While i bet tbese characters are awesome, its hard to really care now without context. Again I get what Anet was going for but probably better donr in blog posts or om a web page that contains information thry daid about the faction, characters, and location. Thats what tgey are missing, a mini site witg misc promo information luke they presented.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-12-04 at 06:00 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They don't want to show spoilers but what to show gameplay but can't really show gameplay because of spoilers.

I get what they were trying to do but it didn't work out. They wanted to kind of present some features in EOD to look forward to but it didn't work out. I don't think it was terrible, just not my thing. You could of told me we're getting a new hub like Eye of the North in blog post. An attempt was made. Baseless claim but I think FF14 launching its expansion on the same day (not the original plan) did take a little steam out of them.

I did like the legendary and guild hall showcase. The blog post of the legendaries is a nice bathroom/stuck in queue read as well.

Thinking about it, this showcase should have been a wrapup of everything previously shown because its the last one before launch...I think...could be wrong.

Edit: Completely forgot thry introduced new characters. While i bet tbese characters are awesome, its hard to really care now without context. Again I get what Anet was going for but probably better donr in blog posts or om a web page that contains information thry daid about the faction, characters, and location. Thats what tgey are missing, a mini site witg misc promo information luke they presented.
    I remember just laughing and cringing when they cut the video right as an event was starting in arborstone, the actual gameplay cut in the gameplay stream
    I admire the work thats been done, it looks amazing, but right now I am excited for EOD in spite of Anets hype attempts, not because of them
    I already know there will be metas, world bosses, masteries, and Strikes, so I am excited, but these Anet streams are just....gah
    Diablo Bore.

After this latest beta, it seems they have changed the character selection screen to show 15. Nice enough change for those that need it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

What is your favorite location?

Not even sure. I love the looks of Drizzlewood coast but idk if I would call it my favorite.
    Diablo Bore.

For GW2 locations specifically?

I like the Plains of Ashford and Diessa Plateau. I like the golden fields with autumnal trees. Jeremy Soule's music is great. The contrast between the serene surroundings and the blackened steel of Charr constructs is striking.

I like Wayfarer's Foothills. I have fond memories of helping kids gather snow to build a snowman army in the middle of a blizzard while, again, Soule's music played.

New Lion's Arch is nice to AFK in, but I really like Soule's old music.

Divinity's Reach feels grand and vibrant. Again, Soule's music is also at play here.

Gameplay wise, Verdant Brink is far and away the best map in the game, with the multiple layers you can fall down to. I also liked Draconis Mons and it has strong aesthetics, but I don't quite like playing in it as much as Verdant Brink.

Not out yet but I can already tell that Cantha will have at least 1 of my favorite zones, really dig the aesthetic of the place, Echovald maybe not as much but Shing Jea and Jade Sea for sure. Arborstone is a visually stunning new hub.
    Still have to see the last zone as well
    Diablo Bore.

Man, I'm tinkering around again with achievements and shit. Really don't like how hard some are in older zones that don't have players about, trying to kill some champions for events is freakin impossible even when calling it out in map chat if nobody shows up.

Thinking I might try to look up a guide for a legendary and maybe try working on one of those, at least make a precursor or something since I've never done that before. I'm just worried about the insane cost/grind, because I'm bad at grinding and perpetually poor (I usually have 2-300G but that's about it).

But like, I don't have much else to do while waiting on EoD short of playing alts to finish their personal story and take them through other content. I guess I could try unlocking their added specializations since I've only unlocked a few outside of my FB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I'm tinkering around again with achievements and shit. Really don't like how hard some are in older zones that don't have players about, trying to kill some champions for events is freakin impossible even when calling it out in map chat if nobody shows up.

Thinking I might try to look up a guide for a legendary and maybe try working on one of those, at least make a precursor or something since I've never done that before. I'm just worried about the insane cost/grind, because I'm bad at grinding and perpetually poor (I usually have 2-300G but that's about it).

But like, I don't have much else to do while waiting on EoD short of playing alts to finish their personal story and take them through other content. I guess I could try unlocking their added specializations since I've only unlocked a few outside of my FB.
    If you want to bust out two legendaries (well like 1.25) you can do all the 'Return' achievements between now and EOD (those achieves aren't going away though). You get a legendary amulet for just completing them. The achieves are pretty easy gather x amount of mats on a LS map -> replay the story of the map -> do x events on the map -> maybe do some jumping puzzle/event/challenge associated with the map. Do all the achieves and get a legendary amulet and the precusor to the EOD legendaries.

I've been working at those slowly. Maybe 2-3 hours at a time when I remember to do them (go weeks without working towards them). On the the final chapter.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I remember kinda not being interested in the farm/grind for it, but it might be the path of least resistance.

But I do kinda wanna have a few weapons that I can play around with. Not sure what I'd want to start first, I should probably see how far along I am in some of the collections I started years ago and have been unintentionally finding a few bits for, maybe I'm fairly far along in one of those by accident.

I made Save the Queen, but never did make the Shining Blade since I don't pvp and stuff. Most of the newest precursors are similar, you need whatever the equivalent of Shard of the Crown is for each. Each Shard is 20 Elder Wood Plank/ 30 Mithril Ingot/ Mystic Curio (15mithril 10 elder + 35 tier6 mat) and Tribute to the Queen (bought in living story zones). Need 100 of 'em for Save the Queen, 60 for Vengeance, 30 for Exemplar's Edge. So the precursor is 190 and then another 100 for the actual Shining Blade.

The second generation ones are the "achievement" based ones.

First generation, I've made a few, but just to sell them when I've got surplus mats.

For stuff to do, make sure you've got Hero Points for the new specs to unlock right away. Otherwise yeah I've been thinking of going back to do more achievements since I'm at 28k and need 30k for the finale Hellfire piece, but then it feels like a grind and I lose interest.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    This game surprised me. It's actually pretty good.
    A friend of mine got me into it and I got to lvl 80 and did some fractals.
    The story is hard! But refreshingly so after brain dead mob bashing in WoW.
    Also I really like the visuals. I think it looks way better than many games out there. Only much newer games look better.

Dislike having to weapon swap and the mounts are more frustrating than fun.
    But for me after WoW it's the best mmorpg out there, and I have tried all worth playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    About a month or two to go until EOD. Could be the 1st, probably the 22. Maybe we will find out Tom when Anet is back in the office.

Has anyone done the achievements for the free legendary? Kinda quit during drytop 2. Lately I've been building a few more of the ascended icy/fiery weapons but gonna stop now that I'm at 6 built for each set was thinking of going for atleast the legendary weapon. Anyone whose done it know which achievements are the easiest/fastest?

Gathering ore, plants and wood is easy and fast, story mode for living stories is easy but takes a long time. If you are going for legendary i would work on the Story first then meta's and then events/ bounties.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Has anyone done the achievements for the free legendary? Kinda quit during drytop 2. Lately I've been building a few more of the ascended icy/fiery weapons but gonna stop now that I'm at 6 built for each set was thinking of going for atleast the legendary weapon. Anyone whose done it know which achievements are the easiest/fastest?
    i tried a couple of times but i just get bored. i'm too addicted to WvW to do much else in the game =/
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to do all the achievements so if your are going for the legendary just grab a map and start grinding. Dry Top is one of the awkward maps due to its cycle. Difficult/annoyance is pretty much in reverse. The latest set of achieves are easy, you literal just play the content since it's all instanced anyway.

Hardest singular achieve is the the Ember Bay jumping puzzle. It's like the only one you can't just port to and one of the hardest (though there's a bunch of videos of skips all over the internet.

I'm not done yet but my strategy has been to play through the story while hitting any gathering nodes on the way. Also see what event you need to do on a map if required as some require metas and some decently long timers. Now that I've finished the entire story I'm going back and filling in the gaps on each such as gathering/do x amount of events/etc. Some maps are done in under an hour, others can be annoying. Check LFG often because people will advertise teleports to required jumping puzzles or call out needed events. Also some if the story instances have skips if you use a character that has already played through them, which saves a TON of time. I honestly forgot how long the story instances can be and they actually require gameplay versus spamming escape like other MMOs (actually like that about GW2, just not on my second play through).

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You have to do all the achievements so if your are going for the legendary just grab a map and start grinding. Dry Top is one of the awkward maps due to its cycle. Difficult/annoyance is pretty much in reverse. The latest set of achieves are easy, you literal just play the content since it's all instanced anyway.

Hardest singular achieve is the the Ember Bay jumping puzzle. It's like the only one you can't just port to and one of the hardest (though there's a bunch of videos of skips all over the internet.

I'm not done yet but my strategy has been to play through the story while hitting any gathering nodes on the way. Also see what event you need to do on a map if required as some require metas and some decently long timers. Now that I've finished the entire story I'm going back and filling in the gaps on each such as gathering/do x amount of events/etc. Some maps are done in under an hour, others can be annoying. Check LFG often because people will advertise teleports to required jumping puzzles or call out needed events. Also some if the story instances have skips if you use a character that has already played through them, which saves a TON of time. I honestly forgot how long the story instances can be and they actually require gameplay versus spamming escape like other MMOs (actually like that about GW2, just not on my second play through).
    I mean the legendary precursor. It only requires like half of them. I might try going for the full to get the neck but there was something that annoyed me in drytop 2 (I think maybe timed sandstorm chests or something? or maybe llamas?) so I'm not sure I'm going to want to grind out 20 other zones or what ever with similar shit in them. Imo the necklace isn't as worth the time investment since ascended aren't terribly hard to get. But a free legendary weapon that can be used on all characters with 6 unlockable weapon skins and free stat and sigil swaps for half the time cost is definitely worth grabbing.

I started, then remembered how much I wasn't a huge fan of LSS2 and especially the first few desert zones. Like, at all.

Part of me wants to go back and finish it for the free lego since it'd be my first one but just...ugh, it's not even that bad of a grind from the looks of it, but it's a grind that seems fairly deeply unappealing to me. At least the first two desert zones which I deeply loathe.