15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many more episodes there will be for the season 1 release. I'm considering waiting for all that so I can play the whole story from beginning to end in a few sittings. I've only done a few pieces over the years, and skipped a ton of context. Hell, I don't even remember most of the PoF story besides getting stomped by Balthazar. I just remember some of the highlights of the expansion stories, it'll be nice to do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I wonder how many more episodes there will be for the season 1 release. I'm considering waiting for all that so I can play the whole story from beginning to end in a few sittings. I've only done a few pieces over the years, and skipped a ton of context. Hell, I don't even remember most of the PoF story besides getting stomped by Balthazar. I just remember some of the highlights of the expansion stories, it'll be nice to do it all over again.
    There are going to be 5 episodes. If they come out at the rate of one a month, then the last one should drop during the August sale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There are going to be 5 episodes. If they come out at the rate of one a month, then the last one should drop during the August sale.
    Good to know. I was surprised to log on and find episode 2 out so quickly after the first. A little over a month iirc.

Oh shit, I panicked and thought I'd somehow missed redeeming E1 since I don't remember doing that...but phew, logged in last night to get E2 and I had E1 sitting there in my storybook.

I swear, one day I'll pick this back up and finish the expansion. It's weird because I was SUPER DUPER into it and do want to play more when I started...but I keep justifying not coming back with, "I want to have some real, dedicated time to focus on this without distractions" and keep getting distracted by other games releasing new things I want to try out while they're fresh. I've missed the whole "expansion launch rush" again as I did with PoF (though I bought that much later), but at least the launch issues should be mostly ironed out by now. Guess I can go back and get that HP from the first zone that was perpetually bugged at launch, prob.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can I just say how great the main theme for End of Dragons is? It's really fantastic, and fits my tastes perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh shit, I panicked and thought I'd somehow missed redeeming E1 since I don't remember doing that...but phew, logged in last night to get E2 and I had E1 sitting there in my storybook.

I swear, one day I'll pick this back up and finish the expansion. It's weird because I was SUPER DUPER into it and do want to play more when I started...but I keep justifying not coming back with, "I want to have some real, dedicated time to focus on this without distractions" and keep getting distracted by other games releasing new things I want to try out while they're fresh. I've missed the whole "expansion launch rush" again as I did with PoF (though I bought that much later), but at least the launch issues should be mostly ironed out by now. Guess I can go back and get that HP from the first zone that was perpetually bugged at launch, prob.
    I think the season one stuff is a permanent unlock for everyone. No need to login or anything.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think the season one stuff is a permanent unlock for everyone. No need to login or anything.
    Ah, that's why I don't recall having to redeem it like this episode. That makes sense. Either way, phew. Been able to keep up with all the LS content while it's free and didn't want to break that streak.

Yeah all the Living World Season 1 content re-released will be available to all players, and it won't require you to log in to unlock it, nor to purchase it later if you don't log in while it's being re-released.
    I kinda wish they would make Season 2 free to play as well, seeing as it doesn't unlock maps and it leads directly into Heart of Thorns.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

It's kinda annoying they keep doing these Canthan mount 3 packs. They shoulda been an adoption license. The three packs are almost double the cost per skin of the random license box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm either really bad at this game, or there is so much undodgeable damage during the open world boss events that I should just accept it.

After playing this and lost ark I didn't realize how much of a MMO boomer I was with WoW and its handholding add-ons lmao. It's honestly shocking how much WoW add-ons borderline play the game for you. Never really realized it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I'm either really bad at this game, or there is so much undodgeable damage during the open world boss events that I should just accept it.
    You can use marauder gear with Superior Runes of Durability or Superior Runes of Vampirism for a large boost in HP at the expense of a DPS loss (compared to running berserker gear using runes of the scholar or runes of infiltration). Or you can switch to a ranged role during open world events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You can use marauder gear with Superior Runes of Durability or Superior Runes of Vampirism for a large boost in HP at the expense of a DPS loss (compared to running berserker gear using runes of the scholar or runes of infiltration). Or you can switch to a ranged role during open world events.
    Right now I'm using the cookie cutter Condition Guardian build with Viper gear, but you do have a point, my runes are hot garbage. Im going to prolly do that and get defensive runes.

After playing this and lost ark I didn't realize how much of a MMO boomer I was with WoW and its handholding add-ons lmao. It's honestly shocking how much WoW add-ons borderline play the game for you. Never really realized it before.
    Really nothing to do with addons and just that they're totally different gameplay systems.

WoW is a classic 2nd gen style MMO where you're expected to facetank mobs and trade hits with them, and things are tuned accordingly. GW2 expects you to be moving and evading a lot more, and likewise is tuned accordingly.

Right now I'm using the cookie cutter Condition Guardian build with Viper gear, but you do have a point, my runes are hot garbage. Im going to prolly do that and get defensive runes.
    If you're dying then yes, get some defensive runes to give yourself some breathing room. But definitely should be more of a learning curve thing and you die less over time as you learn the bosses. I run a condi guardian (firebrand) build for the most part and while I die on bosses still that's mostly down to me being bad and knowingly doing dumb shit because dying doesn't really matter lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's kinda annoying they keep doing these Canthan mount 3 packs. They shoulda been an adoption license. The three packs are almost double the cost per skin of the random license box.
    That's kind of the thing, people complained about the random mount boxes (and they are legally gray in some places). The 3 packs are comparable to the mount select licenses but people as a whole are less likely to buy one mount for 1200 gems when the looks aren't unique like the 2000 gem skins.

I prefer the old system but I can see why they moved away from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using a raid build? They are fine for open world but just know they trade survivablity for dps because they assume you have others with you healing and providing support boons. Just means you are going to have to get familiar with your personal sustain options.

As a FB you have your F2 and F3 tomes for every heals and boons even if are not traited for them. You can honestly just spam your F2 Tome abilities if you need extra heals or got hit with a bunch of condis. Even untrained they'll keep you alive long enough to readjust. You #3 on your F3 Tome is a reflect and it's amazing, #5 on that same tome gives you protection and aegis, very strong support boons.

Guardian has the lowest base HP in the game along with elementalist but access to many blocks and support boons even if you are built for dps.

For a heavy class, Guardians can be quite squishy and have a low health pool especially Firebrands. You need to be moving during encounters and using your dodge roll to avoid as much damage as possible. As others have said try marauder gear to give you a little more health and if it’s still an issue just roll with Soldiers to give you some power and toughness. Use a staff for ranged if you are not already to give you some breathing room

Keep your Viper weapons and, if possible, switch to full Celestial with either Fireworks rune or - if you can stomach the slow running speed - Balthazar, Flame Legion or Baelfire. I ran a Celestial Firebrand build while returning to the game, sword+torch and greatsword, and got the ropes back. Firebrand is extremely forgiving.

In group content, you either support with tomes or via staff which does sizable damage too!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using a raid build? They are fine for open world but just know they trade survivablity for dps because they assume you have others with you healing and providing support boons. Just means you are going to have to get familiar with your personal sustain options.

As a FB you have your F2 and F3 tomes for every heals and boons even if are not traited for them. You can honestly just spam your F2 Tome abilities if you need extra heals or got hit with a bunch of condis. Even untrained they'll keep you alive long enough to readjust. You #3 on your F3 Tome is a reflect and it's amazing, #5 on that same tome gives you protection and aegis, very strong support boons.

Guardian has the lowest base HP in the game along with elementalist but access to many blocks and support boons even if you are built for dps.
    This so much. Learning tomes in general gives Firebrand a very wide toolkit for any need while playing the open world game. Builds can be tricky though, and traits need to be balanced with utilities when going for more offense to get some much needed stunbreaks or ccs while having enough damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...nd-uncensored/

Anet goes into the background of Tyria's premier smut lord that accumulated a cult like following.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...nd-uncensored/

Anet goes into the background of Tyria's premier smut lord that accumulated a cult like following.
    Man, that's awesome. I kinda wanna go find all those pages and shit now, never even knew about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the advice! I ended up trying a Power Dragonhunter build (sword/focus and greatsword) with a bit more beef and am enjoying it a LOT more. Lost my ascended weapons but that's fine. I still really like the firebrand playstyle.
    Once I get through the icebrood saga (man the last mission in this arc is so annoying with all these mini dungeons...) I'm going to see if I like Willbender, see if that's fun.

BTW this thread has been so much better than reddit. Those are some angry people over there. I ask the same questions and just get down voted and told nothing meaningful aside from to go copy meta builds...which I am lmao.