Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I gotta say...April Fool's fashion event was actually great. Fairly active and some nice community engagement and interaction. Just a shame you couldn't pop a noodle stand on the outskirts of the platform.
    Just today I decided to play some GW2 again after many months away, I'm sad to know that I missed out on something cool. But, there's only so much time for so many games Fortunately, I suppose, the new SWTOR client crashes everything on my PC so I won't be playing that anymore lol, which opens up time for GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Just today I decided to play some GW2 again after many months away, I'm sad to know that I missed out on something cool. But, there's only so much time for so many games Fortunately, I suppose, the new SWTOR client crashes everything on my PC so I won't be playing that anymore lol, which opens up time for GW2.
    I hope they make it a more regular event. Like, weekly/monthly at least.

I've enjoyed Roze's content for quite awhile now, but this GW2 video may be his best yet. Funny, informative, and gives a great overview of the game.

It's been two weeks since I tried to log back into this game. My account was blocked for some unspecified reason. Despite sending two support tickets I have yet to get a reply or be able to log in.

I haven't played in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's been two weeks since I tried to log back into this game. My account was blocked for some unspecified reason. Despite sending two support tickets I have yet to get a reply or be able to log in.

I haven't played in years.
    Oof. I've heard a player submitted a lot of bug report tickets over the years and eventually his account got closed. Perhaps customer support is not what it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Oof. I've heard a player submitted a lot of bug report tickets over the years and eventually his account got closed. Perhaps customer support is not what it once was.
    Am I crazy or was there an actual phone number you could call CS directly?

I am not sure if it was GW2 or SWTOR where the over-the-phone CS helped me out a few years ago with an authenticator issue.

Honestly, can not remember but perhaps more consistent GW2 players might know better.

10+ Year Old Account

I am not sure if it was GW2 or SWTOR where the over-the-phone CS helped me out a few years ago with an authenticator issue.

Honestly, can not remember but perhaps more consistent GW2 players might know better.
    Not a GW2 player but what I've found:
    https://www.arena.net/en/contact
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us

Looks like a no. Maybe way back they did. I know Blizzard used to because way back when my bro and I shared an account for WoW we had to call support for a few things.

I guess most online companies have dropped phone support in favour of cutting labour costs (who needs a call center in support when you can have tickets!!), probably around the time of covid with WFH practices.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2023-04-23 at 06:47 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Not a GW2 player but what I've found:
    https://www.arena.net/en/contact
    Yeah, that is the avenue I already used for CS. Thanks anyways.

10+ Year Old Account

Anet automatically locked accounts that went inactive before some time period. The details of that's aren't really important. People usually get unlock their account within a few hours, tops. All you have to do is submit a ticket on their support page. They will always contact you via their ticket system/email.

- - - Updated - - -

That' doesn't sound right because I know people who have submitted tickets for xyz issues every time they logged on until those issues were fixed.

Its more likely you'll get your submissions ignored than banned for them unless you're doing something fishy.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Anet automatically locked accounts that went inactive before some time period. The details of that's aren't really important. People usually get unlock their account within a few hours, tops. All you have to do is submit a ticket on their support page. They will always contact you via their ticket system/email.
    I did submit a ticket. More than once. It's been two weeks and I am still locked out. No reply from CS either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did submit a ticket. More than once. It's been two weeks and I am still locked out. No reply from CS either.

Have you tried emailing them? support@arena.net

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Have you tried emailing them? support@arena.net
    Yup. 3 times. I sent another email right after reading this thread. So 3 times now.

New blog post on the GW2 website.

No more elite specializations will be added to the game.

They have promised to add "new tools" to existing professions. I'm guessing they will either add new abilities you can equip, or perhaps new weapons you can use. Rifle ranger?

The next episode and final EoD story patch drops on May 23rd.

New blog post on the GW2 website.

No more elite specializations will be added to the game.

They have promised to add "new tools" to existing professions. I'm guessing they will either add new abilities you can equip, or perhaps new weapons you can use. Rifle ranger?

The next episode and final EoD story patch drops on May 23rd.
    I'm fine with that, elite specs are nice but hardly the only way to expand classes toolkits. And they do present a compelling case that the existing kit of baseline traits/elite specs covers most of the archetypes they'd want to cover and that each expansion leaves less and less "space" for them to make interesting or compelling elite specs.

Lots of potential for the "new options" though

- Opening up all armor types to all classes, with armor allowing further specialization into different types of roles
    - Simply opening up more weapon types to classes that don't have access to them as baseline accessible weapons
    - New weapons altogether (spears on land and shit)
    - Opening up elite spec secondary skills for use when not using that elite spec (unlikely, but possible)

I'm pretty fine with it overall, elite specs have been a mixed bag overall with some good and some bad, plus feeling underwhelming when a class gets a new 2H weapon with 5 skills or even MH weapon with 3 while another might only get a new OH with 2 skills (which ultimately doesn't matter that much, but still feels odd).

This is definitely the shorted post-exapansion cycle in terms of new content and I hope it's not what we can expect moving forward - though we did get S1 all last year so it's not like it's "just" two story updates with a new zone and then a fractal coming later this summer.

Honestly one of the hypest updates coming will be the ability to filter out other player visual effects. Finally we'll be able to see some of the world bosses/zone meta's and it will hopefully also result in a bit of a performance boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit iffy on no more Elite Specs, but we'll see how things shake out. I think their reasoning is a little weak in that while most professions have all the playstyles covered, I think there are a lot of thematic elements of each profession that could be added. Regardless, as long as we get more weapons for each class I'm fine with it. Def need pistol and rifle for Ranger.

As for this cycle being shorter, I think it's really just due to there needing to be an awkward transition period to go into their new content release schedule. We're likely going to get expansion 4 at the end of the year and then probably a yearly cycle from there.

I have mixed feelings about the direction they are taking, but i do appreciate that they recognize that one of their historical issues has been how badly they keep the core game up to the date. The new model is essentially a full living world season split in 3 and sold as an expansion, wich i don't mind as long as the pricing is apropiate, but i can understand that they'll focus more on adding quantity without adding complexity, allowing them not only to deliver content faster, but also to be able to improve older content.

I mean, as a raider i don't expect a wing 8 ever happening but it would mean a lot if they simply took a look into W1-3 specially and made a few changes here and there to make the experience better, not for myself, but for any potential new player that delves into that content, something similar could be said about fractals and agony resistance. I believe that this new model allows them to re-evaluate that kind of things and that they understood that they have a really good game that has a really bad first impression in most areas.

As for elite specs i don't mind at all. We are having more balance patches than ever and we do have a variety of roles for each class. My guess is that they'll open up new weapons for each class/spec now and then, but in the end that's essentially 5-2 skills per class and don't need support in the form of new talents, just to work within the already existing class/spec mechanics.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres hype around speculating what the new elite specs will be but lets all be honest, Anet struggled to come up with 9 compelling elite specs for EOD. You don't want a situation where you throw too much into the pot. A lot of elite specs already have multiple viable builds, no need to try to cram another one in there when you can focus on reinforcing the class, or even the existing elite specs themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. 3 times. I sent another email right after reading this thread. So 3 times now.
    Ever heard case queues?

Try not sending any more tickets or emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Ever heard case queues?

Try not sending any more tickets or emails.
    3 emails over 2 weeks ought to be reasonable. If Anet can not handle or get back to me in that span- they are doing a poor job.

This issue was resolved a few days ago anyway.

Even if the new Elite Specs don't cover new ground mechanically, they can still introduce new class fantasies and aesthetics into the game.