Poll: Do you like water?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Depends on where you live. In some countries you REALLY don't want to drink tap water (and that's not just third world countries, also several European ones), and in some countries you just drink it.
    Have excellent mountainspring water in the taps here. Among the best water in the world.
    Heard some countries have AWFUL tap water, though.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Water is delicious!

It's kind of like the color black--technically, it's the absence of all colors, but it's still a color itself. Water tastes like the absence of other flavors, but by that very absence, it has a unique flavor. Tada, mystery solved!

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything has a taste, but there are things that not everyone can taste, some people just have more sensitive taste. That's why there is people that are paid to taste food/drinks.
    And you don't really need to have a taste that sensitive to taste water. The taste of bottled water comes from the minerals it possesses. Tap water usually has a more distinct taste because of the way it is treated.

The difference in taste in water is there. Compare the taste of tap to a quality bottled water. And yes I love water, basically all I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    I live in Christchurch, NZ. Best water in the world.. its from the mountains, its fresh and cold... its amazing
    Replace New Zealand with Scotland and we're in the exact same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    It's kind of like the color black--technically, it's the absence of all colors, but it's still a color itself. Water tastes like the absence of other flavors, but by that very absence, it has a unique flavor. Tada, mystery solved!
    That's deep O.o

Yeah I definitely think it depends on where you get your water from in how it tastes. I'm curious though, if our water is chlorinated and the water in Europe isn't (and is that most of Europe or just certain countries), would it adversely affect us to drink the water in Europe? Like you know if you go to Mexico and you're not used to their water, drinking it can seriously upset your stomach. Serious question, not trying to offend anyone I just didnt realize there was a difference in how we filtered our water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Water tastes like water. It's yummy.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Water has a taste, you just never notice it because it tastes like saliva, which you're used to.

I think water itself doesn't have taste but that taste comes from what is in it like chlorine and minerals and all that stuff. I think there are animals that can actually taste water also like dogs or something but I could be wrong about all this Anyway all I drink is water and I admit that I like how some brands taste over other and sometimes my water out of my sink tastes better than other days haha.

Live in Iceland, the tap water is some of the purest around , doesn't have any specific taste really... but very refreshing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice cold water is the best...I usually put a few bottled waters in the freezer until they are about half frozen...taste so good that way

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    Yeah I definitely think it depends on where you get your water from in how it tastes. I'm curious though, if our water is chlorinated and the water in Europe isn't (and is that most of Europe or just certain countries), would it adversely affect us to drink the water in Europe? Like you know if you go to Mexico and you're not used to their water, drinking it can seriously upset your stomach. Serious question, not trying to offend anyone I just didnt realize there was a difference in how we filtered our water.
    Depends on which water in Europe. Each country is unique. The scandinavian water is among the best in the world I believe,
    while some of the eastern have awful water. I went up to Poland once, and got incredibly sick drinking their water.

Seems fellow europeans aren't used to eachother's water.

Water at my brothers farm is unfiltered and super clear and refreshing. He has pump for house in the first pond. Comes out of mountain and feeds 5 large ponds at his place. Ponds are also filled with fish. Largest has trout and few catfish. Couple other places not far from where I live that along the road you will find stone walls with pipe coming out with spring water. People are always stopping and filling water containers. Most municipal water is not that bad out of the tap but some do taste god awful. Chill it and let it sit over night to let chlorine and other chemicals come out.

I like my water cold as it always tastes better cold. Course even some bottle waters I find taste far better than others.

Deleted
    Water does have a taste, it's just not common because most people drink mostly water.

For example, try living your live drinking 90% coca-cola, and then drink some water. You'll definitely taste something. If it had no taste, you'd just barely feel it flowing into your throat.

Deleted
    Every 2 weeks or so i go out for a 4 hour drive out of the city to my gramps house just to get 30 or 40 liters of water from his well.
    I love the taste of it especially when it's cold. It's slightly sweet and it tastes better than anything i have ever bought. Only bad part is that it has a high amount of calcar...uh i think it's translated chalk in English.
    But hey! Kidney stones are worth it for pure clean water that no one shat or put chlorine in before it ended in my glass

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    Ice cold water is the best
    QFT

By the way, how much do you guys spend on bottled water a month?

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Depends on which water in Europe. Each country is unique. The scandinavian water is among the best in the world I believe,
    while some of the eastern have awful water. I went up to Poland once, and got incredibly sick drinking their water.

Seems fellow europeans aren't used to eachother's water.
    Well for example, I've read that there are places in Norway where you could drink the water directly from the source without doing anything to treat it. But as someone who's never had water that pure before, I wonder if it would make me sick trying it.

Water in the US, same as everywhere, tastes different depending on your geographical location and the quality of your municipal systems. City water is generally horrible. Florida water sucks cause of the proximity to ocean water. Meanwhile Montana and north/south Dakota water is probably the cleanest and freshest water ive ever tasted. and VT water (where i live) is great too.

In general, wherever mountain spring water is your primary source, its going to be pretty good

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want a great taste, go for bottled water
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3px...ailpage#t=101s

OT:
    ofc it has a taste.
    It has got a fresh taste if it's cold.
    A stale taste if it's been standing in the sun.
    A salty taste if it's from the sea etc etc.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheros View Post
    By the way, how much do you guys spend on bottled water a month?
    Zip, nada, nothing.
    Tap water is the way to go for me
    Last edited by Twinkeltoe; 2011-04-24 at 08:26 PM.