1. #25081
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Oh cmon... that's so wrong thing to do really... I don't know you but I can't imagine you not missing your hair. You're even wearing a pentagram, aren't you wicca or something? For all the.. whatever you call them, like wiccas, pagans, indians... the nature loving spiritual people, their hair is always very important, they believe there's some kind of power in long hair. If you really want to go bald for personal reasons I guess it's okay, but doing it because someone else did or because the kids want it... You really shouldn't.
    Are you really trying to discourage someone from being charitable? Heck, the fact that it's so valuable to her is really commendable, since it makes it such a more significant sacrifice. A guy with 10 bucks donating 5 to charity has a more generous heart than a guy with a billion donating 500.

    Why would you tell someone to not give their hair up for someone who is unable to grow it, while she can regrow it? Good on her!

  2. #25082
    Stood in the Fire Twin Blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    416


    Only half decent one I could find of me.
    “In truth it was I who was betrayed. Still I am hunted. Still I am hated”
    Shaman | Paladin | Warlock

  3. #25083
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Are you really trying to discourage someone from being charitable? Heck, the fact that it's so valuable to her is really commendable, since it makes it such a more significant sacrifice. A guy with 10 bucks donating 5 to charity has a more generous heart than a guy with a billion donating 500.

    Why would you tell someone to not give their hair up for someone who is unable to grow it, while she can regrow it? Good on her!
    The kids will get their wigs sooner or later, enough people who do it because they want shorter hair, but shaving your hair only because of this seems like some kind of torture... I've had really short hair when I was 11 or so and it was such a pain, I'm still having nightmares where I cut my hair and start to regret it and it's such a relief when I wake up... I don't understand anyone who would go through this willingly. And no I'm not a bad person or against charities, but the healthiest way to live is to put yourself just a bit above everyone else.

  4. #25084
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M3gKTxJ.jpg[/IMG]

    Only half decent one I could find of me.
    Tis a really nice photo You have a very lovely hair colour!

  5. #25085
    Stood in the Fire Twin Blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Tis a really nice photo You have a very lovely hair colour!
    Haha, thanks It gets a lot of comments, some bad and some good.
    “In truth it was I who was betrayed. Still I am hunted. Still I am hated”
    Shaman | Paladin | Warlock

  6. #25086
    Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    Haha, thanks It gets a lot of comments, some bad and some good.
    Should only be good!

  7. #25087
    Brewmaster Snaige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    Haha, thanks It gets a lot of comments, some bad and some good.
    Should only be good, you look a lot like your avatar in it

  8. #25088
    Elemental Lord Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    Haha, thanks It gets a lot of comments, some bad and some good.
    I think its pretty awesome and works especially well with your eyes, also agreeing you do bare a resemblance to your avatar :P Highfive for people looking like their avatars!

  9. #25089
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Highfive for people looking like their avatars!
    haha, I'd love to be a cartoon girl
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  10. #25090
    Herald of the Titans BHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WMTown
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I think its pretty awesome and works especially well with your eyes, also agreeing you do bare a resemblance to your avatar :P Highfive for people looking like their avatars!
    Making people look like their avatar would be the greatest superpower ever
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

  11. #25091
    Fluffy Kitten ghostkitteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    vegas bb
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Making people look like their avatar would be the greatest superpower ever
    As awesome as that could be, I think that it would be far more bad than good. We'd have 6296286 bad guys from every game running around, lol.



  12. #25092
    Over 9000! Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    9,166
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Mynta Swirl~ View Post
    As awesome as that could be, I think that it would be far more bad than good. We'd have 6296286 bad guys from every game running around, lol.
    Well just give that power to those who normally talk around in these thread

  13. #25093
    Elemental Lord Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Making people look like their avatar would be the greatest superpower ever
    I think I am in trouble with that one.

  14. #25094
    Over 9000! Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    9,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I think I am in trouble with that one.
    You're not the only one, i will be a fairy (a flying blue light, that can't do anything!!!)

  15. #25095
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You're not the only one, i will be a fairy (a flying blue light, that can't do anything!!!)
    Lies! you can say 'HEY!' <3

  16. #25096
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    but the healthiest way to live is to put yourself just a bit above everyone else.
    I disagree.

    Anyway, people donate their internal organs all the time, I don't see hair as an unreasonable sacrifice, since unlike the organs, it grows back.

  17. #25097
    Elemental Lord Duronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the jungle
    Posts
    8,242
    Is it bad to feel narcissistic whenever I take a photo of myself? I mean isn't that what we're technically doing? Being narcissistic?
    Hey everyone

  18. #25098
    Elemental Lord Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Is it bad to feel narcissistic whenever I take a photo of myself? I mean isn't that what we're technically doing? Being narcissistic?
    Just consider it documenting history.

  19. #25099
    Mechagnome Ammeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Maelstrom (EU)
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Are you really trying to discourage someone from being charitable? Heck, the fact that it's so valuable to her is really commendable, since it makes it such a more significant sacrifice. A guy with 10 bucks donating 5 to charity has a more generous heart than a guy with a billion donating 500.

    Why would you tell someone to not give their hair up for someone who is unable to grow it, while she can regrow it? Good on her!

    I don't think he meant it quite how some have taken it, but thanks for the support

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    The kids will get their wigs sooner or later, enough people who do it because they want shorter hair, but shaving your hair only because of this seems like some kind of torture... I've had really short hair when I was 11 or so and it was such a pain, I'm still having nightmares where I cut my hair and start to regret it and it's such a relief when I wake up... I don't understand anyone who would go through this willingly. And no I'm not a bad person or against charities, but the healthiest way to live is to put yourself just a bit above everyone else.
    Heh, I do put myself before some, but children to me are our future, I think they deserve all the love and respect, care and in some cases charity they can get, that is also why I am going on to become a Primary School Teacher. Yes, they would probably get a wig anyway, but knowing that my hair can bring a smile back to someone who has lost theirs, someone who is dealing with cancer, someone who's parents have had to wash their hair and watch it fall out, well that brings a smile and happiness to me. So it is more than worth the cold head

    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I disagree.

    Anyway, people donate their internal organs all the time, I don't see hair as an unreasonable sacrifice, since unlike the organs, it grows back.
    *shrugs* Some just don't see things the way others do The only thing I wouldn't donate is my eyes to be honest.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Because it's still absolutely ok to think that it's a bad idea - and to say so?

    Sure it will grow back, but at such a length it will definitely take a whole while.
    Everyone is welcome to their thoughts I am happy with the decision and that is what matters really, I have the support of friends and family, and those who want to help me by donating are happy to help as well. Though I respect that if I want it this length again it will take a while
    Last edited by Ammeg; 2013-10-14 at 08:05 PM.

    ||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

  20. #25100
    Pit Lord Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the mountains
    Posts
    2,380
    this would be an appropriate time for the women of MMO CHAMP to show us their halloween costumes.
    Milk was a bad choice.


    2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •