Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    *soothes*

It is being donated to make a wig for a child with cancer, at least I can grow mine again. So it is for a good cause
    i did that a few years ago when i decided to ditch the long hair. Locks of Love (the most well known program for that in US) is awesome idea imo. anybody thinking of donating their hair just ask the people where you are getting your hair cut, most places know the program and are happy to participate. i didnt shave mine, it was long enough that they just took the pony tail and then cleaned up what i had left into a normal haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    You missed the part where I said "If you really want to go bald for personal reasons I guess it's okay". Never suggested her to throw it away.
    I'm just the kind of person who would help others only when it's about something I have extra, not about something that is very dear to myself.

Anyway, good luck Gemma and I hope you wont miss it too much then.
    "My hair is mine bitches!"

Just kidding, but it's fantastic cause Ammeg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    She's doing a lovely thing and her hair looks amazing! but she can grow it back! It's not like she's amputating a leg or something.
    Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Really though, beautiful hair. I had no idea you could donate dyed hair though.
    Shamefully I laughed at the "risk" but thank you, yes you can donate it as long as it isn't grey, they can dye over the top of it anyway ^^

I'm just the kind of person who would help others only when it's about something I have extra, not about something that is very dear to myself.
    Anyway, good luck Gemma and I hope you wont miss it too much then.
    Thank you ^^ I am sure I will miss it, but knowing that someone without hair will benefit from it means a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    I did that a few years ago when i decided to ditch the long hair. Locks of Love (the most well known program for that in US) is awesome idea imo. anybody thinking of donating their hair just ask the people where you are getting your hair cut, most places know the program and are happy to participate. I didn't shave mine, it was long enough that they just took the pony tail and then cleaned up what i had left into a normal haircut
    Cool Yea it is the Little Princess Trust here, for the major one anyway, I had the option of just cutting it short, but might as well give them the whole length rather than the minimum of 7″/17cm.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

I'm in the middle. This is me out at Wasteland Weekend a few weeks ago, had a blast out there.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know how to make the picture into a smaller thumbnail, any help doing that would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-10-13 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixed the image link for you

Deleted
    You need to put an l(large), or maybe an m(medium), before the .jpg.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iP08jfsl.jpg[/img]

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You need to put an l(large), or maybe an m(medium), before the .jpg.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iP08jfsl.jpg[/img]
    Or just an "s" for the small square. I fixed that for you there.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

It isn't for personal reasons, the reason is simply I wish to help others, which is something pagans do. Yes I will miss my hair, yes I am wearing a pentagram, I am pagan, and yes my hair is important to me, but it will be more important to a child who has none. So that is why I am doing it.
    Hope that doesn't sound rude as that isn't my intention

Thank you
    we do all we do cause we need to do. Pagans too , or everyone else. it doesn't change u did a nice deed, but u did because u needed to do it. psychologically it's not possible for a person to do sth that s/he doesn't need to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    "My hair is mine bitches!"

Just kidding, but it's fantastic cause Ammeg.

Hahahaha! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    u did because u needed to do it. psychologically it's not possible for a person to do sth that s/he doesn't need to do...
    I guess you could look at it that way I wouldn't say "need" to do it though, want to do it, most definitely but not need.

Cool Yea it is the Little Princess Trust here, for the major one anyway, I had the option of just cutting it short, but might as well give them the whole length rather than the minimum of 7″/17cm.
    i would have just shaved it and given it all, but it was preparation for a first date. it was also summer and id had a lot of sun, so the pasty white dome would have looked crazy, lol. incidentally that date is my wife now
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i would have just shaved it and given it all, but it was preparation for a first date. it was also summer and id had a lot of sun, so the pasty white dome would have looked crazy, lol. incidentally that date is my wife now

Haha fair enough and YAY!!! that is pretty cool

Oh cmon... that's so wrong thing to do really... I don't know you but I can't imagine you not missing your hair. You're even wearing a pentagram, aren't you wicca or something? For all the.. whatever you call them, like wiccas, pagans, indians... the nature loving spiritual people, their hair is always very important, they believe there's some kind of power in long hair. If you really want to go bald for personal reasons I guess it's okay, but doing it because someone else did or because the kids want it... You really shouldn't.
    Are you really trying to discourage someone from being charitable? Heck, the fact that it's so valuable to her is really commendable, since it makes it such a more significant sacrifice. A guy with 10 bucks donating 5 to charity has a more generous heart than a guy with a billion donating 500.

Why would you tell someone to not give their hair up for someone who is unable to grow it, while she can regrow it? Good on her!

Deleted

Only half decent one I could find of me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Are you really trying to discourage someone from being charitable? Heck, the fact that it's so valuable to her is really commendable, since it makes it such a more significant sacrifice. A guy with 10 bucks donating 5 to charity has a more generous heart than a guy with a billion donating 500.

Why would you tell someone to not give their hair up for someone who is unable to grow it, while she can regrow it? Good on her!
    The kids will get their wigs sooner or later, enough people who do it because they want shorter hair, but shaving your hair only because of this seems like some kind of torture... I've had really short hair when I was 11 or so and it was such a pain, I'm still having nightmares where I cut my hair and start to regret it and it's such a relief when I wake up... I don't understand anyone who would go through this willingly. And no I'm not a bad person or against charities, but the healthiest way to live is to put yourself just a bit above everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M3gKTxJ.jpg[/IMG]

Only half decent one I could find of me.
    Tis a really nice photo You have a very lovely hair colour!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Tis a really nice photo You have a very lovely hair colour!
    Haha, thanks It gets a lot of comments, some bad and some good.

Should only be good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should only be good, you look a lot like your avatar in it

I think its pretty awesome and works especially well with your eyes, also agreeing you do bare a resemblance to your avatar :P Highfive for people looking like their avatars!

Highfive for people looking like their avatars!
    haha, I'd love to be a cartoon girl
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its pretty awesome and works especially well with your eyes, also agreeing you do bare a resemblance to your avatar :P Highfive for people looking like their avatars!
    Making people look like their avatar would be the greatest superpower ever
    Cave Cave Deus Videt