Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Ok, here's me.
    You're Grimlock? WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    You're pretty. Did you ever consider to dye your hair blonde?
    Thank you. No, I wouldn't, it looks weird in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    here 's one from about 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Aren't you guys preoccupied that you're putting very private info about yourselves on the web at all? I must be old school, I haven't used my real name or picture anywhere on the Internet. Used to be somewhat of a basic Internet "principle" in the pre-Facebook era.

Anyway, 1600 pages of this, such a treasure trove for any malicious hacker type :/
    To be honest people are more likely to find a picture of me searching Jotaux instead of my real name.

Aren't you guys preoccupied that you're putting very private info about yourselves on the web at all? I must be old school, I haven't used my real name or picture anywhere on the Internet. Used to be somewhat of a basic Internet "principle" in the pre-Facebook era.

Anyway, 1600 pages of this, such a treasure trove for any malicious hacker type :/
    Narcissism is a helluva drug.

I personally am not too worried, I never put any information I don't mind others having and putting it up here is no worse than having it on facebook.

General rule of thumb, don't put anything online you don't mind your worst enemy having. And my photograph and my name isn't enough to open accounts in my name or anything like that and my main social profiles I have had on as long as I have had this account or longer.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Narcissism is one helluva drug.

Edit: just noticed someone already said the exact same thing. R.I.P.

What exactly is a hacker going to do with my mmo-c posts? Expose me for being an ignorant asshole? Most people figure that out quickly.

It's easy to correlate that image (if you posted any) to an IP address (which is super easy to find), and the IP to a real address. In fact, if you have any images in a public database of sorts, it will be somewhat easy to tie all that and create a map of your social media.

The possibilities are actually far more expansive than this, just mentioning these above because if I know how to do these, and I'm a very bad, unskilled "hacker", then somebody that's far more skilled could do way more damage.

By the way, there should be quite a few people that would be interested if you're a nicely conforming citizen abiding by the status quo, or a "ignorant asshole" rebel, especially those that might consider employing you.

But hey, if none of this is worrying, shoot ahead. I was actually never successful convincing somebody to be discreet on the web. People just want to share their stuff /shrug.
    I get that what you're describing is possible, but by my math you're describing a very low probability event. I'm guessing I have a higher probability of repeatedly getting struck by lightning, especially since my ideas aren't particularly unique or outrageous. If my current or future employers want to look at my mmo-c record, let them.

My radical alt uses a VPN

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i

was in cinema a few weeks ago too see „glass“ with james mc avoy. that last pic: hmm...
    Is that good or bad ? xD Not sure.

Can't decide to have a beard or not.
    Last edited by Inagumi; 2019-03-04 at 12:13 PM.

5+ Year Old Account

As someone that works in information security, specifically monitoring the threat landscape, I can say (with pretty high confidence) that there's minimal risk here. I'm not entirely sure that anybody in here has a threat model that should factor in that posting an image of themselves on an MMO forum may cause them harm. Sure, sometimes it can warrant unwanted attention, but that's something everybody typically thinks about before posting anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Esh- View Post
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/M6b1xRS.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xT7sgeo.jpg[IMG]
    I rarely dispense compliments but you're one hell of a sexy lady, I have to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I rarely dispense compliments but you're one hell of a sexy lady, I have to say that.
    That's very kind, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    She still thinks Horde is better than Alliance.

We just smile and nod at this point, eventually she'll realize.
    Now i know who's always right in the debates :P

- - - Updated - - -

Checking the thread reminds me why i left it.... wow you guys are bad for my self-esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Now i know who's always right in the debates :P

- - - Updated - - -

Checking the thread reminds me why i left it.... wow you guys are bad for my self-esteem
    Ignore me, I misread your post sorry.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    You're pretty. Did you ever consider to dye your hair blonde?
    Why would anyone do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Sparkie View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/5nbC6FI.jpg
    Where's Big Sparkie and is she single?

Me, People complain that a beard doesnt suit me. First time I've grown one but it hides my weak chin pretty good. But still the constant ''complaining'' about it makes me wonder nearly every day if I should shave again.

10+ Year Old Account

S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    *Pretty pic here*
    Let me ask the true question that matters...

Do you know of the superior form of the owl?

The owlbear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Me, People complain that a beard doesnt suit me. First time I've grown one but it hides my weak chin pretty good. But still the constant ''complaining'' about it makes me wonder nearly every day if I should shave again.
    To be fair, you look really good like that, but i don't know how you look without it, maybe is just that the people that says that find you more attractive without it