Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Frost mages being buffed across the board. That's... interesting. o.O

I am not unhappy with WoW. I spend hours everyday playing WoW and my guild has people on all day new/old.. Let me ask "the sky is falling people" something.. You come on this forum spouting off how awful wow is then you are surprised when your guild is falling apart and no one wants to talk to you? Negativity is the killer of the game for you.. But how do you tell a fish he is wet?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Who said we needed to be sent back to ZA and ZG ? Thats EXACTLY The point we are making. How naive can you get ?
    What? Did you never expect to have to deal with Trolls ever again? That we were done with them forever? They've come back before, dealing with them again would be obvious to anyone not blinded by hatred of "recycled" content.

So you dont think that the entire questline of Cataclysm isn't direclty contraticting the other instances ? You do realise that entrance to BWD is the place where ppl fight NEF in BWL ? PPL not sent where ?
    And? Do you have to go through BWL to get to BWD?

I did not get pampered in WOTLK - It stared with recycled raidcontent and it ended with one whole year of last tier. Thats how fantastic WOTLK "interns" were doing...
    You're definitely acting pampered. Because Blizzard going back to not having a raid tier every patch is causing you to get your panties in a bunch.

No - this is exactly NOT what BLizzard has not done before - no matter how often you try to say it. BLizzard is no longer just BLizzard - its Activision/Blizzard. Devs are no longer in charge of their games - Activision is.
    Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

Blizzard has NEVER before run a SUB based MMo game. Comparing a sub based game to a one time payiment game and say this is what BLizzard has always done is a joke. BLizzard has the UNIQUE chance to keep World of Warcraft up to date in EVERY department if they so wanted... They desided not to - and thats exactly what Cata and patch 4.1 is proving. They lost alot of their long term sub base cause of that. And they will loose more with every patch from now on when it becomes more and more obvious that WOW has been put on the shelf... Game of 12 million ppl treated like it can't afford to update its tech.... Thats and insult.
    So WoW didn't exist before Blizzard merged with Activision? Is that what you're trying to argue now? I'm wondering how Activision merging with Blizzard managed to cause them to screw things up before the merger was ever planned.

anyone notice that the PTR Testing is over, became PTR Testing is over...Soon. Does that mean something went wrong?

Archaeology shows 6 items, but in the blue post it says there are 7 new items. I wonder what the one item missing is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    What? Did you never expect to have to deal with Trolls ever again? That we were done with them forever? They've come back before, dealing with them again would be obvious to anyone not blinded by hatred of "recycled" content.

And? Do you have to go through BWL to get to BWD?

You're definitely acting pampered. Because Blizzard going back to not having a raid tier every patch is causing you to get your panties in a bunch.

Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

So WoW didn't exist before Blizzard merged with Activision? Is that what you're trying to argue now? I'm wondering how Activision merging with Blizzard managed to cause them to screw things up before the merger was ever planned.
    Just gonna let those comments stand for themselfs - it shows how naive the poster really is =)

Pampering WOTLK with recycled Nax and a tinfoil hat - thats the best he can do

You even know when Activision merged with BLizzard ? lol - really

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    anyone notice that the PTR Testing is over, became PTR Testing is over...Soon. Does that mean something went wrong?
    Yeah I saw the blue post from qa. They had to extend ptr testing. And it's saying scheduled (not extended) maintenance tonight in the in-game breaking news post.

this patch is so boring ...no new raid content
    mount for real $
    ZG ZA again n again
    Guild chalanges no one cares or do
    what else ? is there something inetersting really ?

Well - Its BLizzard talking about "training" Maybe explain to the PR Titan team thats not the right word ?

What ppl are realising now - and it became very aparent with 4.1 - is that the focus from BLizzard has turned away from WOW into the new project. You might disagree and claim that some ppl are pshyched about recycled ZG and ZA instances. I dont think you will find alot of long term subs that agree with you.

WOW is taking a nosedive in terms of Innovative game design. Archeology is sort of proof of that. Why ? Where is Path of the Titans ?
    I dont start crying when someone ends their posts with namecallings. It just puts their post into right perspective that their goal is just to talk down a "raving lunatic" - that desides to call interns.. interns =)
    Out of curiosity, have you played everything on the PTR? I admit that ZA was recycled, no doubt, but ZG was not. People who judge things before they see them are morons and morons do not deserve to have their opinions paid any attention to. What we’re getting is a new 5 man that uses the same map as ZG, a recycled raid tuned to be a 5 man, and quest content.

I’m really a bit surprised that people (you) think that a minor patch like 4.1 should light the sky on fire. It isn’t a major content patch, 4.2 was not delayed. The only reason 4.1 has any content at all is to bridge the gap; apparently they don’t want people to be forced into a raiding treadmill for 4.2. If you’re looking for innovation, maybe don’t look for it in minor patches?

Just gonna let those comments stand for themselfs - it shows how naive the poster really is =)
    Translation: Not going to respond because I have nothing with which to respond with.

You even know when Activision merged with BLizzard ? lol - really
    I do, the question is, do you? Because so far you seem to think Activision merged with Blizzard four years before they actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    I am not unhappy with WoW. I spend hours everyday playing WoW and my guild has people on all day new/old.. Let me ask "the sky is falling people" something.. You come on this forum spouting off how awful wow is then you are surprised when your guild is falling apart and no one wants to talk to you? Negativity is the killer of the game for you.. But how do you tell a fish he is wet?
    Whats the point of telling a fish IT is wet? Does it need a towel?

WOW is not awful - never said that. I just think a game with 12 million sub based should be doing alot better than sending out a conent patch with recycled two dungeons that ppl have already played.

The rest is a long term issue that Blizzard needs to sort out in the next 1 or 2 years. Titan is rumored to be launched 2013 and thats 1 more WOW expansion away. Blizzard as a company needs to rebuild turst with their long term playerbase - they can not pull another 4.1 and then throw out more PR about TITAN. THey need to show full comitment to WOW.. They are not - and both Cata and 4.1 are showing the lack of it....

There are many good posts on the official forums from WOW long term fans talking about BLizzard needing to show the same comitment to the game as the players are showing. ATM BLizzard is not and thats why ppl will be looking with intrest on new MMOs coming out in the next 1-2 years... since TITAN is the next big thing anyway from BLizzard.

looking at this patch notes i don't think wow is worth it the money for me and i am not going to renew my sub. that ends in a week 95% sure

Is the patch even coming out soon? Is Blizzard capable of doing things in a timely way anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by timmyotoole View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you played everything on the PTR? I admit that ZA was recycled, no doubt, but ZG was not. People who judge things before they see them are morons and morons do not deserve to have their opinions paid any attention to. What we’re getting is a new 5 man that uses the same map as ZG, a recycled raid tuned to be a 5 man, and quest content.

I’m really a bit surprised that people (you) think that a minor patch like 4.1 should light the sky on fire. It isn’t a major content patch, 4.2 was not delayed. The only reason 4.1 has any content at all is to bridge the gap; apparently they don’t want people to be forced into a raiding treadmill for 4.2. If you’re looking for innovation, maybe don’t look for it in minor patches?
    BLizzard have spent close to two months with ZG on PTR as the only content. Most of the time the instance was unplayable. ZA was unplayable until last week cause of issues. Point is that things need to be tested. 4.2 needs public testing and we are not seeing it released in next few weeks - and if not we are into the summer and wont probably see it until mid AUgust. Firelands was delayed. One rewamped 5 man dungeon has been clogging the test servers for 6 months with ZERO focus on testing new and exiting - innovated gaming content. And right now we are on werge of seeing 4.2 delayed even further because of that.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    looking at this patch notes i don't think wow is worth it the money for me and i am not going to renew my sub. that ends in a week 95% sure
    I think everyone should do the entire gaming comunity a big favor and skip subbing next 3-4 months until Firelands is out. If not we will just see more of the exact same happen more and more - taking away REAL development time for NEW and innovating things.

I expect a sub based MMO game to do better than spend 6 months recycling 1 dungeon on a test server. Thats just lazy
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-04-25 at 11:52 PM.

Hey duster, going to answer my question? When do you think Blizzard merged with Activision? Because you're accusing Activision of screwing up Blizzard four years before they actually merged. You also apparently think that the funding for Starcraft 2 appeared out of thin air and was not in any way funded by WoW subscriptions.

You want to bash Blizzard for doing what they've always done and you're failing miserably at it.

Oh my God!!!! So much whining in these replies. Yes. This is a joke of a content patch. Either keep playing or unsub til 4.2. QQing isn't going to do anything at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Hey duster, going to answer my question? When do you think Blizzard merged with Activision? Because you're accusing Activision of screwing up Blizzard four years before they actually merged. You also apparently think that the funding for Starcraft 2 appeared out of thin air and was not in any way funded by WoW subscriptions.

You want to bash Blizzard for doing what they've always done and you're failing miserably at it.
    Does it really hurt this much ? lol

How do you fund your lemonade Stand? With your understanding of funding projects - I think that would be more than enough for you in the next few years

Such a long patch notes might fool some of the younger wow players but for players who are still paying blizz every months 13 Euro for 4-5 years + its just not enough.
    Old players can see the shit when its coming and can smell the dust in the face that is called 4.1
    But i think all this is for good and we all will win if WoW comes to it ends sooner .
    I am also not sure if Blizz will keep thier position on MMo market after next year and this is also for good cuz wow killed the creativity in mmo genre.
    Its all about making money now and they use 40% of that cash to make the game and all other 60% for advertisment thier shit trying to sell to u: Aion Rift Age of conan WAR ..u call it .
    and when we talk about blizz is all about money in a first place too and its that way since very long time ....too bad now they dont have a quality product that wow used to be to back up there philo$ophy .
    Dont get me wrong i still like wow and i hope it gets better but thats not what i am seeing to be honest ... less and less efforts has been put into wow .

Does it really hurt this much ? lol
    Still not answering my question and acting in an incredibly childish manner about it. How did Blizzard merging with Activision in 2008 affect how WoW worked since 2004?

How do you fund your lemonade Stand? With your understanding of funding projects - I think that would be more than enough for you in the next few years
    What does lemonade have to do with anything? You made fun of some guy for trying to compare WoW with a restaurant, then you turn around and bring up a lemonade stand. Your hypocrisy is only exceeded by your childish antics.
    Last edited by Rankin; 2011-04-26 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better still be releasing this crap tomorrow. Been waiting to get through this garbage so we can get some firelands going already.

Edit: Oh, and whatever tard of a developer's idea it was to buff frost mages and unh DKs needs to be shot.