Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    This patch is made of nothing but pure nonsense. Can't wait for 4.2!
    More like this

How can you skip youtube commercials if you watch videos directly from the mmo-champion but if you right click a video and chose watch it on youtube then it will include commercials.

I am interested if this could be used to bypass commercials when you are watching other videos on youtube.

Deleted
    The Talent Calculator links in the patch notes direct me to an error site. Just for information.

And I will so buy this lion from the shop. Just to piss people off and show ma mo'

Quote Originally Posted by Makronette View Post
    People still bitching about store bought mounts and pets? Seriously? They don't force you to buy the mount, if you don't want to buy it then you don't have to stop complaining already!

Complaining about reused content is silly too, you can't expect everything to be brand new... And to be fair they've not reused much if you take a look at how much there is in game at the moment and not just at the high levels.
    We dont expect everything to be brand new - But we do expect SOMETHING to be brandnew in a "content patch".

Storemounts are Blizzard desission. I know quite a few players that quit the game because of them (most had other issues with the game as well). I personally really dont care. For me it just shows the game is ready to sink to a Hello kitty level for the money alone. But hey... thats what Blizzard wants and will continue to do.

The only real downside to it is that other games have started doing it as well - and many of them are not at hello kitty standard so could ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    But we do expect SOMETHING to be brandnew in a "content patch".
    Which definition of "content patch" are you using?

And is it the same one as the people who make the game?

Sigh balance druid nerfs..

Deleted
    CTA for more than 1 role at the time... That's new, to me at least. But oh well, why not, I am really interested in seeing the feature live and how it will actually affect queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallis View Post
    Probably. I'd only really consider it "milking" people if the purchase of this mount was required for something else in-game that was otherwise unattainable. As with the sparkle pony if you don't like it, don't buy it. It's not costing you anything otherwise so stop bitching.

Making little optional purchases like the mounts and the vanity pets has made Blizz many millions of dollars, and also raised an ass-ton of cash for the Make a Wish foundation. So I don't have any problems with them providing something people will want and buy.
    No mount has ever helped the make-a-wish foundation, in fact, there have been exactly 2 pets and only HALF of the revenue went to make-a-wish. Granted, it was a cool million the first time (we've never found out about the second one), but you think a company pulling in $200 million a month could just send over $5 million a year without making players have to buy something? Oh sorry, because then they can't make it a business expensive and write it off to stick it to the taxpayers. Corporate generosity indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Many View Post
    ...I dont understand one thing, why is third spec so hard to implement? But cross realm heirlooms are here.... Ou I get it! WoW is only about makings alts.......
    We don't have cross realm heirlooms.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Makronette View Post
    Complaining about reused content is silly too, you can't expect everything to be brand new... And to be fair they've not reused much if you take a look at how much there is in game at the moment and not just at the high levels.
    They reuse tons of assets all over the place, but (to me) it makes perfect sense in the way that not everything needs to be always custom made for every content patch; the part where it feels a bit lazy on Blizzard's end is to reuse existing dungeons and rescaling/retuning them. Heroic 5-man ZA and ZG are not new, it's the same environments, bosses and mobs retuned for a different level of gameplay; while it makes sense financially to not have to develop something from scratch, a balance of the two is needed.

At this point, patch 4.1 is just boredom-inducing to me because I have already done ZG and ZA countless times even if it has been years since I've set foot in those places, but I understand it will be entirely new to some players. Can't make everybody happy.

Deleted
    In Blizz's patch notes it says they are introducing 7 new Archaeology items, yet theres only 6 in the list.

Either one hasn't been datamined/found yet or blizz can't count :P

Who else isn't even going to bother with these new dungeons? Crappy gear is crappy, old content is old. Been there, done that, don't need gear, don't need gold.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    How can you skip youtube commercials if you watch videos directly from the mmo-champion but if you right click a video and chose watch it on youtube then it will include commercials.

I am interested if this could be used to bypass commercials when you are watching other videos on youtube.
    Use Firefox and the AdBlock plugin = no stupid commercials. And while you are at it, put in NoScript too. Nice plugin for extra protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Who else isn't even going to bother with these new dungeons? Crappy gear is crappy, old content is old. Been there, done that, don't need gear, don't need gold.
    I think alot of ppl will not bother with it. And it will probably lead to many players just quitting this expansion all together. The raid progress in this expansion is just not right. Next raid content should been out already and pretty much everyone that were intrested in raiding should have killed at least normal bosses and have gear that way to progress to next one. If not they get the gear fast with valor. Instead BLizzard created a + 6/7 itemlvl troll junk that they made purple ... Not to mention in a reused content and armor looks.

The thing is... Blizzard is counting on the storemount to make more money than from subs. Thats fine... Until they realise that the ppl that dont sub - will not buy stroremounts.

Patch 4.1 is the weakest content patch in history of WOW. And that includes such junk ones as the barber shop and ingame voicechat ones.... Blizzard should come out and publicly apologise for what they have been doing over the last 6 months. Cause quite frankly - it is a joke.

The call to arms thing, is it just if you join solo, or can you be with 1 or 2 friends and still get the bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Use Firefox and the AdBlock plugin = no stupid commercials. And while you are at it, put in NoScript too. Nice plugin for extra protection.
    noscripts wasnt working with ff 4.0 a week ago

not sure if they fixed it but adblock does

the best thing about this patch is the ability for me to make an alt warrior tank and get it raid ready in a month and a half

that seems to be the theme of this patch
    Last edited by Phive; 2011-04-25 at 01:48 PM.

I still don't see how this patch could possibly go live when my frost DK has unlimited death runes and can obliterate every single GCD.

Maybe they fixed that bug in an internal build and we never got to test it or something. It's a pretty dang big bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Patch 4.1 is the weakest content patch in history of WOW. And that includes such junk ones as the barber shop and ingame voicechat ones.... Blizzard should come out and publicly apologise for what they have been doing over the last 6 months. Cause quite frankly - it is a joke.
    Oh please. I'm gonna guess you started playing in either Wrath or late BC. Cause at least we are getting dungeons in this one. Go check out, for example...

Patch 1.10 - Added Dungeon Set 2 and Weather effects. That's it.

Or...

Patch 2.2 - Added Voice Chat (Which nobody ever uses). That's it.

Seriously, nobody ever promised you a new raid every few months. In BC, we had all the raids except Sunwell by May of 2007 (4 months after launch) and then NOTHING until March of 2008 when Sunwell released (10 months later). Ok, I shouldn't say nothing, cause we did get ZA but that was really only good for bear runs cause most serious raiders already far outgeared the loot that dropped there. So Blizzard still has about 5 months to release 4.2 before it matches its longest content drought.

And before anyone points out that there were more raids/bosses available at launch in BC, it doesn't matter. Black Temple was being regularly cleared within a month after it released, with the world first coming about 2 weeks after release because people had already cleared everything else.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2011-04-25 at 02:00 PM.

FINALLY some new content, oh wait a minute !

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Oh please. I'm gonna guess you started playing in either Wrath or late BC. Cause at least we are getting dungeons in this one. Go check out, for example...

Patch 1.10 - Added Dungeon Set 2 and Weather effects. That's it.

Or...

Patch 2.2 - Added Voice Chat (Which nobody ever uses). That's it.

Seriously, nobody ever promised you a new raid every few months. In BC, we had all the raids except Sunwell by May of 2007 (4 months after launch) and then NOTHING until March of 2008 when Sunwell released (10 months later). Ok, I shouldn't say nothing, cause we did get ZA but that was really only good for bear runs cause most serious raiders already far outgeared the loot that dropped there. So Blizzard still has about 5 months to release 4.2 before it matches its longest content drought.
    I played TBC - it had alot of stuff out at launch and that meant ppl had something to progress with. Sure We did finish killing every boss well before sunwell... but then we needed to get 25 ppl geared up.

Patch 1.1o and 2.2 were not content patces. They did not need to add content at that point. Right now WOW NEEDS new raid content cause the options available for ppl to progress their main is way to limited. Kill the same bosses in Heroic... thats it... And alot of ppl dont bother with it since putting same boss into another difficulty lvl is not really a new content. Its just lazy.

Patch 4.1 is a joke - It has already cost BLizzard big time cause its insulting to ppl that have been playing the game from day one and already done ZG and ZA in the orginal state. Blizzard removed those dungeons JUST to let subscriber that already payed for these instances pay for them again. Thats lazy - arrogant and quite frankly sad.