Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is 4.1 officially coming out?

I keep reading stuff where people are eluding to 4.1 being out tomorrow, but I can't find anything official stating so. What are the facts?

Deleted
    Blizzard never gives out official dates regarding patch releases...

it is probably comming out on wednesday

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...vers-this-Week

I do believe Boub has something like a 99% accuracy with these things(The only time he was wrong, in recent mind, was with the Cata Beta starting. And it was delayed.)

It's not official, but it's trust-able.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They don't usually state beforehand that something is officially coming out. Boub is usually on the money, so you can tend to trust him when he says it is coming out tomorrow. Check the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    The facts are that Blizzard NEVER says when a patch is coming out. EVER. There is nothing official. Boub has very good intuition about these things and I would agree because we haven't seen any changes to the PTR in quite some time. Like it says on the front page, it's speculation, but odds are, it'll be out on Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    Boub has very good intuition about these things
    And rumor has it a source on the inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    there happens to be...in bold letters....on the front page of mmo-champion.

4.1 on live servers this week.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2011-04-25 at 01:35 PM.

id put money on it :P
    you'll know for sure later today as US will have it in a few hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange thing though: there's been no data preload for the patch yet. Isn't that kind of, well, odd?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    there happens to be...in bold letters....on the front page of mmo-champion.

4.1 on live servers this week.
    This don't mean SHIT, because, blizzard has yet to say anything, and won't ever say anything about patch release dates, this is just speculation, there is a High, Very High chance that 4.1 will be tuesday, but dont get your hopes too high for when it gets delayed.

Basically it goes that when blizz releases a recap of everything that is in a patch with no new tweaks then it is a pretty safe bet that they are releasing it on the following patch day. They don't say a specific date though in case any last minute issues come up they can just not patch without having to do the whole "yea, we said it would be this day but it isn't going to be" thing.

So basically yes probably will be this week... so read the notes and take a deep breath and relax

boub have been spot on pretty often so i'd put my trust there besides its flagged as release on the ptr which means its pretty much done and ready for release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyfaria View Post
    This don't mean SHIT, because, blizzard has yet to say anything, and won't ever say anything about patch release dates, this is just speculation, there is a High, Very High chance that 4.1 will be tuesday, but dont get your hopes too high for when it gets delayed.
    You seem new to MMO-c.

Boub has yet to miscall a Patch, and he started back in BC.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    You seem new to MMO-c.

Boub has yet to miscall a Patch, and he started back in BC.
    I think that person was more saying that just because Boub says it will pretty much definitely happen is not the same thing as someone from blizz saying it will happen. At least that is how I interpret it

I'd say it's pretty damn likely. But, whatever you do, just don't bet your oranges on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    Strange thing though: there's been no data preload for the patch yet. Isn't that kind of, well, odd?
    This isn't really a -major- content patch. There is only pre-downloading if there is new world data, i.e. a new continent, or a brand new raid instance, and so on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyfaria View Post
    Nah Boub has friends that work for Blizzard who leak credible information. How do you think he guessed the cataclysm expansion, LK expansion and most of the details of what was happening well before Blizzard released information? He nailed nearly every detail of cataclysm before the announcement. You can't guess at that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

pretty much an official notice right here on MMO Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    it is probably comming out on wednesday
    Iseewhatyoudidthere