H-Maloriak 10m 6%...

2nd night on H-Maloriak, and the best we have been able to get is 6% and the healer ( Me ) Derped and wiped us...

Has this happened to any of yall?

Work so hard to learn a new boss, and then you Derp and wipe it for the night...

( Go to about the 9min mark and you will see what happened )

http://www.youtube.com/user/LuckeySh.../1/RkVTv273OM0

Any comments on how we should be spread out for the last moments of this fight?

any and all comments appreciated!

I can't speak to your actual question, but I'd just like to say it happens to everyone, so don't beat yourself up too much and just try not to repeat mistakes.

Deleted
    We've had a 200k hp wipe on him once, only a Tank was left and he popped Remedy. Then our healers collectively realized that the swirly ice thing on the ground and the frozen floating orbs are to be avoided. No problems since then.

You really have to prepare yourself for p2, make sure you've either lined up cooldowns before hand to get back to 75%ish mana, or make sure they'll be up to drop when BL hits and p2 begins. It's also a good idea to coordinate sections of the raid to burst heal in between WG, PoH, CH etc. Unless your MT is a Prot War they shouldn't need much spike healing, I usually pop a Volcanic Potion during this phase to push throughput.

Make sure you have things lke Barrier on melee, Divine Gaurdian, etc. Don't blow things like Tranq/DH till p2.

Hope these things help your group, and good luck!
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

I don't really understand what "derped" mean but I guess u're talking about your fail with frozen orb..
    baaa you know, it happens, sure u weren't lucky (orb combo) but it happens.
    However, I haven't watched the whole video but I saw something wrong.
    Your shadowpriest dps the oozes with Mindsear. Tell him to multi-dots. It's really really effective.

Your tank on Maloriak in that phase needs to change up his strat. Around the edge of the room.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    I don't really understand what "derped" mean but I guess u're talking about your fail with frozen orb..
    baaa you know, it happens, sure u weren't lucky (orb combo) but it happens.
    However, I haven't watched the whole video but I saw something wrong.
    Your shadowpriest dps the oozes with Mindsear. Tell him to multi-dots. It's really really effective.
    Correct. Tell him to prioritize one DP, then VT, then SW:P and mind flay to keep it up, but mainly keep VT rolling. If you only keep SW:P rolling on 2 or 3 with good VT uptime on everthing, then thats plenty good enough. Even after the mind sear buff, its suitable for fights like Cho'gall, Magmaw, etc, but not on big, beefy targets like those on Maloriak (oozes or aberrations).

Staggering your raid wide healing cd's such as Divine hymn and tranqs is very important on your first kill. This was one of the things that helped us overcome the length of our p2. Try and maintain health, rather than top people off, if that makes sense. Divine hymn the first massive raid dmg, tranq the 2nd raidwide dmg, etc. If you blow both of them at the same time and end up overhealing you are hurting yourself in the end.

wait untill patch 4.1 and your shaman will have another raid cooldown which will help mitage the damage a bit more. The positioning in p2 is hard to organise but its a kind of free for all. If you can have someone announcing the frost orbs if they are close to ranged or melee and when i say announce he needs to specifiy where they are and who is near them before they even pop up that will help alot and it isnt too hard to do.

If such fails wouldn't happen every guild would just oneshot every boss.

I remember a couple retards wiping us on Defile at about 14-16% when we were going for top 50 world Light of Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    Definitions of derp on the Web:

* A situation that has been completely mismanaged or mishandled

Herp Derp!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post

Herp Derp!

Thanks for the clarification on that one Mudkiper XD <3

It's like dying on KT when you are doing a perfect Immortal run, happens to everyone. Kind of...

15+ Year Old Account
    We lost a healer at ~12%.

Our genius tank(Who also does a 5 second count down and pulls on 4) freaks out thinking it's a wipe and pulls Mal out of the room.

He's a GREAT tank, just soooooo stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    We lost a healer at ~12%.

Our genius tank(Who also does a 5 second count down and pulls on 4) freaks out thinking it's a wipe and pulls Mal out of the room.

He's a GREAT tank, just soooooo stupid.
    Reminds me of when my guild was learning Heroic Maloriak. We get out of the first Green phase with everybody alive, our best pull yet, but our DK misses a kick on Abbarations. Normally, this would be fine, but we were going with the normal mode-esque 0/9/0/9 strat instead of the more stable 3/6/3/6 strat.

The add tank says "oh shit, this is a wipe", but me, knowing full well of the 3/6/3/6 strat, told him to keep going. He ignored me and pulled the mobs out of the room, resetting the boss. I ended up raging really hard at him, since I was the raid leader and he ruined a perfectly good pull. Thankfully we killed him later that evening.

Deleted
    Happens everytime we do conclave... Ooooh I have to stack when the adds spawn? What I cannot touch the tournados while on the wind platform? Sometimes people just tunnelvision to much and die or wipe the raid.

On a more serious note you should keybind ALL spells, even the semi useless ones. Seeing you mouseclick heroism, MTT and Stoneclaw really hurt...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post

Herp Derp!
    What about Herp Mr.Dictionary.
    Is that some MEGA DERP?

Just an idea for P2 boss positioning (25m though):
    We do it like this:
    Boss faces the cauldron.
    Melee pile up behind him.
    Ranged spread out.
    2 things to look out for...
    a) Flame jets
    b) Icy orb thingies

We handle a) like this:
    Boss faces a bit to the left of the cauldron.
    Flame Jets are being cast and the tank side steps out of the way.
    This works 4 times until we have like a 90° angle full of flame jets.
    After the 4th Flame Jets our tank runs back to the starting position, rinse and repeat.
    We have either a DK or ProtWarrior tank him, the DK pulls a CD while runnning (DRW won't work ;-)) and the Prot simply leaps over.

We found this strat much easier since the ranged don't really have to move at all (we heal through icy orb thingies) and melee are on the boss 100% of the time.
    Additionally, icy orbs are a LOT better to spot without any red fire stuff in the way.

It takes some tries to get the tank movement right, but we used to practise this during blue phases until the tanks got a hang of it.