Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to do with amberjewels, ocean sapphire and dream emeralds

Any suggestions for what to do with amberjewels, ocean sapphire and dream emeralds?

Uncuts are going for just above vendor trash, cuts are like 1 gold more. Even the semi-usefull cuts.

The only thing anyone wants are strength, agility and intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rettypally View Post
    Didn't you answer your own question then? :|

As a tank I use Dream Emeralds and Amberjewels (40 mastery and 30stam/30mastery) so I still use the ones I get *my tank is a JC*

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rettypally View Post
    Any suggestions for what to do with amberjewels, ocean sapphire and dream emeralds?

Uncuts are going for just above vendor trash, cuts are like 1 gold more. Even the semi-usefull cuts.

Send them to my server! lol
    On my prot pally I use Solid Ocean Sapphire (60 sta) and Puissant Dream Emerald (20sta, 30 mastery). I use Puissants most. I've got nothin for ya on the Amberjewel though.
    Valore - 85 Paladin - Bonechewer
    Spirik - 85 Shaman - Bonechewer

Get all the recipes, make one of each cut, and list them when the price is high. And if you got stacks and stacks of the gems basically for free via the Obsidium/Elementium Shuffle list them if the price is even remotely decent . Whenever one sells cut a new one. There's not really much more you can do.

Sell to AH for few golds. Better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm able to sell Puissant, Fractured, Solid, Rigid, and Regal for 15-20g each pretty consistently. You won't get rich from those cuts, but the profit margins are actually very good considering the uncut gems go for 3-5g usually.

Ore shuffling will be dead by tomorrow. Prices will rise. Just save them for a while.

So will elementium go up or down in 4.1?

It will drop until the enchanting mat supply starts to dry up and we start buying it all again. The shuffle is only dead for the orecrusher users.

Depending on how you sell your other gems (blue and green quality) you should be looking at these gems as nearly pure profit, if you turn your nose up at 20g profit then you're never gonna be rolling in gold.

Cut them and sell them. Hit up wowpopular and see what the common gems are, they will sell slowly, but they will sell.

Good luck and have fun

save them for epic gem transmutes in a later content patch, prices are bound to rise a lot on uncuts then.

save em for latter tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by ufoswebutter View Post
    So will elementium go up or down in 4.1?
    I've been saying its gona go up for a bit(1-3 months) then back down

with 4.1 hitting, that will get a large chunk out of the market, and its going to be harder to move since all the "zomg vendor cut gems!!!111" people will be away from the market, and finally a good chunk of bots switching to herbs
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-26 at 03:00 PM.

600+ Dream Emeralds, 300+ Amberjewels, 400+ Ocean Saphires, constantly low on the other three.
    I guess I'll soon have to start vendoring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Airath View Post
    600+ Dream Emeralds, 300+ Amberjewels, 400+ Ocean Saphires, constantly low on the other three.
    I guess I'll soon have to start vendoring them.
    Why would you vendor them? Cut them and supply your guild.

Make a /2 Macro offering them cut for 15-20g each. Dream Emeralds and Ocean Sapphire have very useful tank cuts well worth 20g each.

Only vendor if you honestly don't feel like you can make enough gold for the amount of time it takes. Or wait until 4.1 when new gear appears and the market surges again.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sell a steady amount of...

Dream Emerald: Puissant, Lightning, and Steady
    Ocean Sapphire: Rigid, Solid, and Stormy
    Amberjewels: Mystic and Quick

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the patch, all of these gems have spiked over 30g on my server. Definitely taking advantage and making some nice gold off it :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    give em to MEEEEEEEEEEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valore View Post
    Send them to my server! lol
    On my prot pally I use Solid Ocean Sapphire (60 sta) and Puissant Dream Emerald (20sta, 30 mastery). I use Puissants most. I've got nothin for ya on the Amberjewel though.
    No Fractured Amberjewel? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a JCer, I save the gems in my bags just in case.
    Guildies come to me asking for the gems, which I am very willingly to cut for them.

Deleted
    On my server at least, there are no cuts for Yellow or Green that are remotely worth the time and effort. Some of the Blue cuts sell pretty well, but they've all been mentioned above.