Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Troll God at end of 4.1 Preview Video?

Who is the troll god at the end of the 4.1 video? It looks like some kind of serpent god. I'm horrible with my lore etc, so I wasn't sure if it's simply one of the bosses of ZA or ZG (I never did ZG, but I definitely don't recognize him from ZA).

If not, then is this hinting at a possible major boss (read: raid boss) within the troll story line? Or is that just wishful/ignorant thinking on my part?

That's Hakkar, the blood god - final boss of Old ZG. He's definitely still a HUGE part of the ZG that we'll be doing starting tomorrow.

Deleted
    hakkar, he was the final boss in the original ZG, and he makes an appearance as part of the final boss in the new ZG

The return of Hakkar?

The troll 'god' as you call it his Hakkar from the original Zul'Gurub.

He is said to be a servant of the Old gods and was defeated by adventurers. The trolls are hoping to resurrect him and I'd imagine he will tie into C'thun's storyline for when Ahn'qiraj is updated. (last part is pure speculation).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It be a hakkaaarrrr

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who keep whining about "OMG NO NEW CONTENT" probably don't see what's happening here, but, I go for the stories of my games and I see it coming. DW may be a major boss in this Expo, BUT, he's not going to be THE boss. They are building to something big, something HUGE. The troll story is interweaving with it as well. Something big is going to go down at the end of this Expo. Just watch and enjoy. Hakaar. DW, Nef, Chogall, even the Elementals, all working for someone MUCH bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The troll 'god' as you call it his Hakkar from the original Zul'Gurub.

He is said to be a servant of the Old gods and was defeated by adventurers. The trolls are hoping to resurrect him and I'd imagine he will tie into C'thun's storyline for when Ahn'qiraj is updated. (last part is pure speculation).
    I think C'thun's story line has already come to and end. Chogall absorbed C'thun's essence and we already killed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what the big deal is with Hakkar. If you quest in troll areas you see TONS of troll gods I don't see why Hakkar is so much stronger hes just a wind Serpent.

Idk maybe its because the trolls sacrificed so many to him but hes not that awesome imho

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    I think C'thun's story line has already come to and end. Chogall absorbed C'thun's essence and we already killed him.
    I thought we just killed part of Cthun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Come mortals! Face the wrath of the soulflayer!

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    It be a hakkaaarrrr
    Yarrrrr that it be.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

The god you saw was the BA Hakkar
    Flaks i hope the speculation is true...Aq is something i would love to see! Some people hate the old instance being rehashed but i loved it just the vastness of most of the instances are spectacular. I enjoy going through BWD MC and AQ20/40 and just enjoying the look of the instances. (Naxx was a sad design Imo compared to the rest of Classic wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't totalhalibut(or someone..I'm really not sure) Find some quests in Silithus on the PTR a while back involving old gods(A giant eye of c'thun and tentacle creatures and the like). Either I watched something weird or i'm just going crazy.

I'm fairly certain we haven't killed any of the Old Gods, we just sort of poke them in the eye and make them go back into hiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of exciteded about the reused content. I wasn't around in vanilla and I played late BC so I never got the whole lore behind the troll raids. its like, yeah I knew hakkar existed, and he was some god or whatever... but thats about it, just another obsticle.

I hope they use some of the more recent "story telling" methods with these new raids, the video certainly makes it look fun too with the boulders and whatnot.

I hope there are some cool challenges like that, and no cushioning, i want 100-0 death if you get hit by a boulder thats 5x bigger than you're character.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    I don't understand what the big deal is with Hakkar. If you quest in troll areas you see TONS of troll gods I don't see why Hakkar is so much stronger hes just a wind Serpent.

Idk maybe its because the trolls sacrificed so many to him but hes not that awesome imho
    Hakaar has the ability to be infinetly strong. He uses the blood of his followers, blood god, and has thier power till they die. Basically, once you swear blood to Hakaar, you make him stonger. Then more that do it, the more powerful he is. In old ZA, you had to kill off these other demi gods and followers to take down Hakaar or you had to many powers to deal with.

IT'S METZEN! Head for the hills and make sure to avoid all his other alter egos!

Quote Originally Posted by jditto View Post
    Those who keep whining about "OMG NO NEW CONTENT" probably don't see what's happening here, but, I go for the stories of my games and I see it coming. DW may be a major boss in this Expo, BUT, he's not going to be THE boss. They are building to something big, something HUGE. The troll story is interweaving with it as well. Something big is going to go down at the end of this Expo. Just watch and enjoy. Hakaar. DW, Nef, Chogall, even the Elementals, all working for someone MUCH bigger.
    dude, no way, the most hyped boss is always the main boss. Are you trying to suggest that Halion was THE boss of wotlk because he came after the Lich King?

I could see the next expansion potentially having a lot of troll lore involved, which would be pretty cool. Despite being alliance I've always thought the trolls were awesome. Dey be talkin like dem jamaicans mon.

It's possible that there will be some sort of troll raid in Cata, but I kind of doubt it. t11 now, t12 is firelands, t13 is The Battle of the Ancients, and t14 will probably be the DW raid.

---------- Post added 2011-04-26 at 03:48 AM ----------

Oh and despite what I said I still don't think the next expansion will revolve around troll lore. I think it will most likely be Queen Azshara as the main boss. Pure speculation, but that's just what I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other troll enthusiasts fairly tempted to leave the horde and join 'em?

That guy was one hell of a motivational speaker...
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.