Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Raid? (Not Firelands)

Now I feel as though I'm simply over thinking, but isn't Hakkar related to an old god?

Blizzard has said that this troll lore is pretty important, and the only sense I could make of them saying this is a troll-based raid coming out this expansion, possibly after Firelands? I've just been thinking, trying to come up with an idea of how that would go. I feel like the old god we see this expansion would be the one associated with Hakkar, which would be a good end boss for a raid involving trolls. I haven't really kept up on anything, really. So I don't know if theres already hint that blizzard is giving towards a different old god, or what, but I just thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

Feel free to, comment, or shoot me down.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added another raid, like think about it. I honestly don't think 7 bosses will last and the whining will come back

Firelands + new raid i would say in 4.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by audioslave90 View Post
    Firelands + new raid i would say in 4.2
    In the water imo!

I think it will be either Firelands + a new raid in 4.2 or just Firelands in 4.2, then a new <insert whatever raid blizzard decides to give us> in patch 4.2.5.
    Trent Lane: All right, here's the plan. I'll sit right here with my foot on the accelerator, ready to burn rubber.
    Jane Lane: Trent, pull over there and make sure to turn off the car in case you fall asleep.
    Trent Lane: Alternate plan. Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any theory or evidence, but this is what I imagine, using the Cataclysm patch plan:
    4.1 - 2 troll 5 man dungeons
    4.2 - Firelands
    4.3 - 1 or 2 more 5-man dungeons leading up to a water raid
    4.4 - Troll Raid
    4.5 - 1 or 2 more 5-mans leading up to Deathwing raid, maybe a ToC type raid
    4.6 - Water Raid/Deathwing Raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritty View Post
    I don't have any theory or evidence, but this is what I imagine, using the Cataclysm patch plan:
    4.1 - 2 troll 5 man dungeons
    4.2 - Firelands
    4.3 - 1 or 2 more 5-man dungeons leading up to a water raid
    4.4 - Troll Raid
    4.5 - 1 or 2 more 5-mans leading up to Deathwing raid, maybe a ToC type raid
    4.6 - Water Raid/Deathwing Raid
    Eh too many patches!

When they decide to release Deathwing's raid/encounter, players probably won't "kill" him cause if we look at the Lich King, Arthas died but the Lich King figure still lives on to control the Scourge. Seeing as how Deathwing, formerly Neltharion, holds dominion over the Earth and in essence is Azeroth, destroying him would mean Azeroth wouldn't exist anymore (so we all lose!). Probably will be some sort of fight to cleanse Deathwing to return him to his sane self or passing the baton to another eligible candidate like what happened to Bolvar.

The only Troll Raid left is Zandalar, which is an island. If there using magics to harness the power of Hakkar, who is a minion of the old Gods, then theres a chance they mt become corrupted by them...but I dont see them working with the Twilights. Also, t could just be that they are not corrupted by Old Gods and have tamed Hakkar's essence, Trolls are after all the original race and are the only known ones to actually beat the minions of the old Gods, before their empire fell into ruin. As ancient as they are, they know more then the "younger" races on how to deal with minions of Old Gods.

Btw I would love the idea of this, I loved the new trailer, and actually, I wish the Trolls would win. Vengeance for Zul'Jin!

10+ Year Old Account
    More and more, I think it's likely we'll see a troll-related raid alongside the Firelands in 4.2. Unless the Rise of the Zandalari storyline is resolved by running through the new Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman dungeons, it'll have to be resolved somewhere else, and having a troll raid that's smaller in scope than the Firelands come out in 4.2 would make a lot of sense. Particularly since Blizzard has stated that they want more raids with fewer bosses per tier.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    When they decide to release Deathwing's raid/encounter, players probably won't "kill" him cause if we look at the Lich King, Arthas died but the Lich King figure still lives on to control the Scourge. Seeing as how Deathwing, formerly Neltharion, holds dominion over the Earth and in essence is Azeroth, destroying him would mean Azeroth wouldn't exist anymore (so we all lose!). Probably will be some sort of fight to cleanse Deathwing to return him to his sane self or passing the baton to another eligible candidate like what happened to Bolvar.
    Thrall will get the thing inside Deathwing that makes him the Earthwarder, but the Earthwarder isn't needed. If that were the case, there would have been fear of an insane Deathwing committing suicide and taking everyone out with him.

Deleted
    Bro, It could be the Vashjir raid released along with Firelands, there is already a raid portal next to the dungeon which isn't in use yet, also it could be caverns of time raid. I'm afraid you won't be seeing any troll raids.

As is known, Dragon Aspects can die. In particular Nozdormu knows when and how he will die.

In Wrath of the Lich King, we killed Malygos the Spellweaver (aspect of magic) and he was replaced by Kalecgos as the blue dragon aspect. So it is natural to assume that if the (highly corrupted) Deathwing were killed, then another black dragon can take over.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect a Troll raid. I'd be shocked if we didn't get one soon, if not 4.2.

in 4.2 we will get firelands, and WotA raid (war of the ancients) it is unofficial, but i wanna bet my rigth arm on that its true.

If you dont belive, take a look on the legendary staff, and other 4.2 loot (i am sure they were announced a few weeks back) names kinda hint to wota

Troll raid later in cata? possibly, i hope so!
    Trolls are awesome
    Last edited by dracco4heads; 2011-04-26 at 07:26 AM.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    As is known, Dragon Aspects can die. In particular Nozdormu knows when and how he will die.

In Wrath of the Lich King, we killed Malygos the Spellweaver (aspect of magic) and he was replaced by Kalecgos as the blue dragon aspect. So it is natural to assume that if the (highly corrupted) Deathwing were killed, then another black dragon can take over.
    If you ever did the badlands quest , That will be his replacement

Its either gonna be related to Vashjir or the Trolls prolly.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey bro do you think before you type or.... because azeroth existed before the titans came...the titans made the Dragon aspects..
    soo....you know the planet wont go kaboom cause we kill a psyco path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I actually fully expect the Troll raid to roll out with Firelands. I'm thinking a 5-6 boss instance on the troll Island. Zalandar, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff