Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who's pissed about these HM nerfs?

Being in a guild that is quickly progressing through the 10 man hard modes, I really can't figure out blizzard's rationale behind nerfing 10 man heroic fights. I understand them nerfing the regular modes to make them more accessible since firelands is on the horizon, but why the hell did they have to nerf heroic mode too? Now, every time we beat a boss post patch were all going to be silently thinking to ourselves "these aren't the same encounters as a week ago." Did people really think these fights were too hard? We haven't taken a shot at nef or chogall in hard mode but from the nerfs I see going out to the fights we have already done (which IMO were still too easy for a hard mode) which were completely unnecessary, I doubt the ones in fights we haven't seen were necessary either.

Do you people think these nerfs were needed? Or is it just blizzard flip flopping again on their ideology of hard modes

Meh. Almost all of the nerfs (except cho'gall and Nef I think) are to farm content for us. Honestly, I am fine with this as it should make farm night move faster giving us more time for progression later in the week. Atramedes was easy anyway.
    Silhouette - 10 Man Raiding, US-Sargeras

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you haven't even seen the bosses, yet you already complain they are too easy. Not to mention that reading "10 man heroic only" should give you a clue as to why they got nerfed... unless you conveniently ignored every thread about 10 vs 25 difficulty and only posted this to show how much of a badass raider you are - if only you got to those bosses before they got nerfed.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't done with hardmode progression by now, maybe you need the nerf too. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Being in a guild that is quickly progressing through the 10 man hard modes
    quickly progressing through the 10 man
    progressing
    Obviously you guys needed ALL the nerfs the HM 10's has already had in Feb/Mar.

The nerfs are a welcomed change. Far to little have progressed fully through the HMs of this tier and Blizzard wants to see people higher in rankings. If you were still working on it and not getting it it'll still be awhile before you get it. Be happy you finally got the achievements/titles/gear.
    Last edited by Sanctioned; 2011-04-26 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is about time. they cant stay "hard" forever.

Ease of access to the widest customer base over time.

Deleted
    5 months is quick?
    Hint: hc nerfs are made to cater to players like you.

Deleted
    Get your loot and be happy.

but why the hell did they have to nerf heroic mode too
    i dont know,maybe it had to do with all the news ive heard about 10 man heroic modes being overtuned?

eather way,i stopped caring about heroic 10 man after i saw my guild wipe on end bosses for weeks on end

15+ Year Old Account
    Th statistics on how many guilds have killed these bosses argues heavily with your point of view, OP. If it was so easy, far more guilds would have them downed.

Besides which, why would nerfs bother someone farming the bosses? Just because then more people can kill them? That's a pretty poor attitude to have. They want more people to have a chance to experience content before it becomes obsolete. Let other people have fun! Besides, if they're really THAT bad, nerfs might not make a bit of difference anyway. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I remember someone posting a comment about HM nerfs which I thought was pretty good. Was something like:

If you could kill them pre-nerf, you would of killed them pre-nerf.

It's actually pretty understandable considering the difficulty jump from heroic modes in 10 man compared to 25 man are much steeper. The simple limit of having only 10 people in the raid ends up increasing the difficulty of the encounters, which is not what they want. And honestly, trying to say these nerfs are unwarranted when you haven't even tried them yourself is a bit much...

10+ Year Old Account
    its nice to see a change for the ppl that don't want to raid 3-7 nights a week 3-4 hrs a night

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, these are the first raids of this expansion, and they are REALLY hard for being that, even a bit too hard. Sure, raids are supposed to be hard, but when being a noob, getting into raiding wont be easy with this difficulty.
    Vol'jin fanboy

It's nerf on 10-mans. And I guess it's because they are a bit overtuned atm..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, nerfs weren't needed...sucks they did, especially with the heroic 5 mans

Blizzard always nerfs things before new content is released. They've done it every expansion. They're trying to increase the number of kills so the content is seen and experienced by a larger player base while still current.

It's nothing new, and it's going to happen prior to every major patch.

The cutting edge guilds have already beaten it, now they're trying to make it more accessible to the guilds that, while good, aren't creating the curve.
    Last edited by Thrilhouse; 2011-04-26 at 05:31 PM.

the nerf is only for 10s as stated. 10s require rigid group makeup and aren't forgiving. Losing a single person in a 10 man makes the fight an uphill battle.