Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Get some popcorn and head on over to the main blizz site. It's that time of the week again. The time where people start threatening to close their accounts because this is an 'outrage'.

Hilarious.

Who didn't see this coming, when does the patch work perfectly on time for every server?

Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    yep, they say wow should be ready by 12:30 pst

dissapointed :/
    how can anyone not see this coming?...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Skittles View Post
    If they consistently don't do their jobs on time.. why are they setting the scheduled job completion time, 'on time'
    They do it 100 times better than they did in Vanilla WoW. In Vanilla, routine maintenance sometimes took multiple days. Literally, they had to reimburse people and give free days because the servers would go down Tuesday and come up Thursday.

How could this possibly be a surprise after 6 years of it? At least they're getting better.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

This is the first time a patch has even been delayed!

Oh wait...........sky is falling, amiright?

The time where people start threatening to close their accounts because this is an 'outrage'.
    meh i think more people are just complaining that za and zg are rehashed

So glad, I have time to finish my psych paper before I spam these new heroics for achievements, and Resto/boomkin gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Oh well, gives me more time to sit and contemplate cancelling my subscription

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens nearly every patch, it shouldn't be much of a surprise, if any.

Do people realize that unforeseen complications happen? It happens with every online video game that patches content.

God forbid if they did do it on time and everything is all buggy tonight and everyone would say "OMG WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST EXTEND THE MAINT TO MAKE SURE IT WORKEDDDDDD!!!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only thing I'm "disappointed" in is the fact that blizzard never learns that they can't make deadlines. I'm be much happier if they said the server was going to be down all day(Cause thats usually what it is) and then they say, "Hey, we finished early!" instead of pushing it back for 4+ hours, cause that's the same story every patch.

I think blizz should take on a new model. Instead of giving us optimistic estimates on how long it will take they should be like "Patch 4.1 will cause servers to be down for 24 hours" so then they could be like "hey we got everything back up already we are awesome!" instead of being "yea... sorry guys it's going to take longer".

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have they ever released a major content patch on time? I knew it was going to happen. They also don't say when it's supposed to be done. Before the delay, it says "approximately." Oh well, it'll come out sometime today...hopefully lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    yep, they say wow should be ready by 12:30 pst

dissapointed :/
    Really? How can you be disappointed? Do you not recall how much fun the Ulduar Patch Day was?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance View Post
    Does this mean i have to go outside?!
    No....
    Noooooooo....
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My mommy says the stuff outside could kill me, in fact the stuff in my room could kill me, that's why I've been in this bubble for twenty four years.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

I was initially thinking of not working today but then I hit myself with the common sense that the realms won't be up till 6-7 EST anyway.

Nearly every time there is a content patch... THIS EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS.

At what point do you realize that trying to log on immediately when they say it will be available is just doomed to failure? Considering that when there isn't a content patch, or some massive bug, the servers are almost always up EARLIER than when they say they will be, you should be able to cut them some slack now and then when they can't meet your deranged needs.

Yes, it sucks that they don't give you a little more notice.
    Yes, it sucks that they don't take into consideration that they usually fuck these things up and need to extend maintenance.
    Yes, it sucks that you can't get on to your game when you want to.
    Yes, they should really just put up a post saying 'We are aiming to have it up by xx hour, but things don't always go smoothly, so expect that maintenance can and will be extended as necessary to ensure the best possible gaming experience for you and your fellow Azerothians', but they don't.. and they haven't for years.

Quite often I get asked why I'm such an angry dude, and the answer is very simple. People. People expecting, people demanding, people thinking that they are entitled to anything they want. You pay a minimum of 14.99 a month, plus the cost of the game every 2 years to play a game for as much as you want every single month that you have an active subscription. God forbid they don't allow you to play for 12 hours now and then (and most often, when their maintenance runs REALLY long, they end up giving you an extra day to reimburse your precious time lost sitting in front of a computer trying to log in for hours on end, instead of going outside, or reading a book, or catching up on some work, or getting a hobby that some real-world worth). And this is just the anger that stems from people I don't even know in a video game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Heeere we go

BLIZZARD IS ASSHOLES BLABLABLA OH MY GOOOD I CANT BELEIVE THEY WOULD DO THIS TO US WWWWAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAA
    I laughed. Because it's true. Suck it up you pansies.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

more like 1.5 hours til the next notice saying the servers will be down for another hour or so.

Bucknaste Time!

Deleted
    I would have been dissappointed if it WASN'T delayed.