10+ Year Old Account

Question Chimaeron advice

Hey hey
    So I'm trying to find some healing advice for Chim normal 10man.
    Our healing setup is usually a holy paladin, me (disc, but i go holy for this fight) and a resto shammy.
    Tonight however, our paladin is gone. So we will probably be using an alt resto druid. My question is
    what would be the best setup for healing the two tanks?
    Should I focus on them as disc, if so, how? We've been spoiled by how awesome beacon of light is on this fight.
    Our resto shaman is used to raid healing and would prefer to stay in that role for the fight, the druid is a bit under-geared (being an alt)
    I'm just curious about the strat for solo healing the tanks w/o beacon.

anyway thanks

our set up is Hpally Dpriest and Hpriest. Disc is amazing for the fueds with the barrier, having a rdruid might be beneficial having him focus on the raid, yet having the Dpriest throw down the barrier every chance he gets during the feuds. ur gonna be hurting losing the Hpally due to no aura mastery. 2 options: have the disc priest focus on the raid or the rdruid. either way is viable imo

My guild does this-

-Keep offtank full ALL THE TIME.
    -Everyone only atleast 10K+ Health

If he cast fued, go where the main tank is (should be in the middle)
    Heal everyone to 100% as much as possible, meaning cooldowns, cooldowns.

At 20% you cant heal, its impossible.
    so burn,burn.

Easiest way to do it is to have the resto druid healing the Primary tank, and you PoMing the Double Strike tank when double strike occurs. With the glyph PoM will always be above 10k, thus after the first strike, the tank will be re healed back above 10k, and able to take the second strike. This way you can have the shaman , Druid, and yourself focusing on keeping everyone above 10k.

(Note -- the PoM trick may not work for you in Discipline spec. Depends vastly on your intellect pools as discipline has lower healing numbers -- I have to run inner fire to get consistent ticks above 10k)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I get the PWB stuff.
    I guess my question is more along the lines of how to best heal both tanks, by myself.
    Assuming it can be done as disc. Our Hpally makes it look easy (thank you beacon)
    Trying to decide the best rotation to use on both tanks, if its even possible.

resto shaman should be in the middle with healing rain kept on CD! make ppl stand around it so the all get it and only have to press forward and backwards for fued! no more your in my range troubles

keep tanks bubbled
    no idea about the druid.. his healing rain like spell isn't bigg enough + he can't blanket the raid like old days anymore so
    id make him keep poping wild regrowth on the shaman so everyone gets those hots!

remember it's a stay above 10K fight nothing els
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Easiest way to do it is to have the resto druid healing the Primary tank, and you PoMing the Double Strike tank when double strike occurs. With the glyph PoM will always be above 10k, thus after the first strike, the tank will be re healed back above 10k, and able to take the second strike. This way you can have the shaman , Druid, and yourself focusing on keeping everyone above 10k.

(Note -- the PoM trick may not work for you in Discipline spec. Depends vastly on your intellect pools as discipline has lower healing numbers -- I have to run inner fire to get consistent ticks above 10k)
    Can anyone else confirm if this works and what lvls of int/etc are needed to make it work? If I'm understanding it correctly, that would make the fight incredibly easy, as noone would ever have to be healed above 10k (other than during feud of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Can anyone else confirm if this works and what lvls of int/etc are needed to make it work? If I'm understanding it correctly, that would make the fight incredibly easy, as noone would ever have to be healed above 10k (other than during feud of course).
    Absolutely this is the way my guild has handled this fight since launch. Only one tank takes Break and the other takes Double Strike. We've even had a Ret Paladin with Righteous Fury main tank the boss, since as long as he gets a 10k heal in 5 seconds it's a DPS gain.