Deleted

DPS: Am I lagging behind or is my Rogue just very lucky?

Well. I've been playing Demo quite a lot in Cata, and I was happy when I did about 12 a 13k on a single target, and thought I was awesome.

Now I've leveled a Assassination Rogue to lvl 85, and it reaches almost the same amount (just 1k less) of DPS on a Dungeon HC boss as I do with my lock, but with a difference in ilvl of 20.
    Lock has ilvl 355, rogue has 335.

Question: What would be the average DPS on single target be for a Demo Lock with ilvl (PvE) 355? (And what would be the average for a Rogue, on the other hand?)
    If my dps is average, I'll not worry anymore and just think that Assassination Rogues are OP ^^

I didn't post this in the Fix my DPS thread, since I'm not sure if my DPS should be fixed...

Sincerely, Volviga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology isn't really known for it's single target dps, although 12-13k sounds alright on a dummy. How're you doing in actual raids? Any world of logs parses you could link us?
    Also, it might be that you're better at playing an asshat rogue than you are a demo lock.
    One of the reasons I didn't post in Fix my DPS

Err...Well, raidwise, I've done only Magmaw and Omnotron, so I bounce of the meters at Magmaw, but sit around 12k at Omnotron (since its a lot of movement and downtime between GCD). I was more thinking of Dungeon Bosses...It might be aswell because most of my gear is +hit, to be raid ready, but I don't raid that much :> So I miss some stats when doing an instance, where my Rogue is just good geared for instances...

I feel really sad if it turns out I don't have enough braincells to be good at warlock, since Rogue (Assassination, that is) isn't very hard to play. Very easy, actually ^^

But I'm still in love with my Lock ^^

Deleted
    Ok, that could be true. Well, my 'numbers' for my Warlock are good enough for me, since I've done a great deal of instances, and always was around 12/13k, but I haven't done that much with my rogue. Maybe I had a lot of lucky crits and energie procs, indeed.

It just feels so much easier to pull (relative) big numbers on my rogue.
    Thanks for the help

Deleted
    Demo isnt amazing single target, especially if your using felguard (I assume) and not succy with lash glyph. Demo is really only an aoe spec or a buff spec atm you should look at destro, bit harder playstyle but you can pull much bigger numbers! Be faithful to the Warlock community!

Acutaly demo is quite good on HC bosses since they die fast and u have a awsome uptime on Meta.

But warlock is a class that scales alot with raid buffs so u need compare same scenarios when comparing classes