Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

(holy) How often do you use binding heal?

So as the title says , how often you cast binding heals as holy to your 5/10/25 men istances.

Deleted
    Rarely. Usually only during Chimaeron with a few rare exceptions.

For me it's purely situational, if I know I'm going to be taking some dmg and my tank is taking dmg then I will use Binding heal, like Nef p2 I use it quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For awhile I didn't use it hardly at all - but I'm not as stingy anymore and I'll use it several times throughout a fight for serendipity (assuming I'm missing hp and it isn't just oh)

If you are ever in a situation where you need to Flash Heal someone, and you are under 50% HP...use Binding heal instead (at least that's how I do it). It'll take getting used to when you first start adding it to the rotation, but once you get it down you'll be able to make the decision between Flash and Binding without hesitation.
    Last edited by oatmealpoet; 2011-04-27 at 03:14 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed that it's situational. I use it or flash heal mainly for serendipity, but binding sure comes in handy from time to time.

I find myself using it daily. As others have stated, Nef P1 (tail lashes) and P2, Chimaeron, or in 5-mans when I get grouped with a not-so-great tank that has threat problems against me or others and there is unnecessary damage taken.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

as often as possible as long as I am damaged and my target is too

you`d be dumb not to

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it as often as I can if I have taken any substantial amount of damage and need to heal someone else. It's efficiency is through the roof. Although I play Discipline.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

any time you and target of binding heal receive no overheals from it you should be using binding heal...period its way more efficient than flash heal if you dont overheal

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight during our Al'Akir attempts I was using it an average of 10 times just in phase one. It really is a great spell and should be used whenever you and someone else needs a heal. If regen is still a problem you will only want to use it if you both need a heal quickly.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

15+ Year Old Account
    Anytime where I have to heal myself and someone else. It's the most efficient spell we have if you use it correctly.

So pretty much every fight. If you don't use it often, you're playing badly. As said, most efficient spell if it results in no overhealing and it gives you Serendipity. Shorter PoH/GH with reduced mana cost on them.
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-04-28 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Anytime where I have to heal myself and someone else. It's the most efficient spell we have if you use it correctly.
    Lightwell and Desperate Prayer both say hi.

And I'm pretty sure Prayer's up above Binding Heal too.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Lightwell and Desperate Prayer both say hi.

And I'm pretty sure Prayer's up above Binding Heal too.
    Both prayer of healing and prayer of mending sit at around twice the hpm of bh (so does CoH), bh in fact has the same hpm as heal, even Renew beats binding heal handily if it doesn't overheal.

That said bheal is amazing, trying to use whenever it is viable is a good idea since it still has good hpm, good hpet and stacks serendipity.
    Last edited by mmoc79ddf23dc8; 2011-04-28 at 05:37 AM.

I WOULD use it more but since its so situational its hard to train my brain to know when to use it as the situations where I'd use it happen too sparsely and quickly.

I don't use it as much as any other spell, then again, I rarely use it in raids as both Holy and Disc (I raid as both), because the mana cost is a little high for what it does. That's just me though.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Deleted
    Whenever I have to heal myself and my lightwell for whatever reason can't do the job. I save my DP for emergencies or if i reckon it's okay to use it cause I won't need it for emergencies. Needless to say I don't use binding heal a lot. But there are few examples where I use it, al akir 10hc p1, to heal myself doing lighthing + tank. Nef hc start of p2, 2x BH into 1x gh is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeernial View Post
    as often as possible as long as I am damaged and my target is too

you`d be dumb not to
    /thread

lease lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    /thread

lease lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Other then PvP, during PvE (raids) u should be using anything but binding. You have Light well / DP / CoH / PoH all of which will heal u and ur group for more and faster. 2 of which are instant casts, and have a better HPS then binding.

Deleted
    binding heal = win