10+ Year Old Account

holy fire+smite macro?

Hey hey
    So I was wondering if its possible to roll holy fire and smite into the same macro?
    So when you use it, it casts holy fire if off cd, then you spam smite with it until holy fire is ready again.

I fail with even the most simple macros so I seek wisdom here

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

There is no way for a macro to check for *On cd* or not. removed back in 3.0? or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm okay
    I was hoping it would cast holy fire then just start doing smite when holy fire isnt available

Deleted
    Easy one.

#showtooltip Holy Fire
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /use Holy Fire
    /castsequence reset=target Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

That should do it hopefully if not change /use and change the first smite to Holy Fire

Deleted
    /castsequence [@target, harm][@focus, harm] reset=10 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, smite

Deleted
    why are you adding a 10second reset?

just reset if it's a new target if not it'll just keep repeating it self. much easier.

because most priests won't actually cast 5 smites during the duration of Holy Fire. they'll likely do something like. Holy fire, Smite, Smite, PW:S, PoM, Penance Smite. Ignoring movement and other factors besides. the 10 second refresh insures a higher overall holy fire uptime.

Deleted
    the reset=10 only apply's if you dont push that button for 10 seconds.(hard to believe that he wants to wait that amount of time before pressing it again.

all he needs to do is change the quantity of the smites in the 4th line. probably 3 would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leontai View Post
    Easy one.

#showtooltip Holy Fire
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /use Holy Fire
    /castsequence reset=target Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

That should do it hopefully if not change /use and change the first smite to Holy Fire
    Tried that, the holy fire part works but cant get the macro to cast smite after using it once to cast holy fire =(
    hmm

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 05:24 PM ----------

If i reverse the order of smite and holy fire, the macro works.

Like /cast smite /cast holy fire it'll cast smite, then holy fire, then smite smite smite til holy fire cooldowns. Which is almost what I want.
    But since I have the glyph of smite, I want holy fire to land first so my next smite hits harder, in turn healing more. =\

The way i do it:

#showtooltip Smite
    /cast [mod:shift] Holy Fire; [nomod] Smite

That makes you cast Holy Fire when you hold shift, smite when you don't. Then just manually track the Holy Fire CD, if you can do it with Penance and PoM you can do it with Holy Fire.

You can not cast 2 spells that use the GCD without using a /castsequence and hitting a button twice.

If you ONLY cast Holy Fire and Smite, then:

/castsequence Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

If you weave other spells in, then you are out of luck. No macro can save you unless you use a modifier (i.e. essentially making it 2 different keybinds)

So to sum things up, it's not possible to make a macro that casts either Holy Fire or Smite depending on the cooldown?

Ballz.

yes it is possible hold on ill link mine that i use in game atm that works perfectly, if holy fire is off cd it casts it if not it casts smite.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=10 holy fire, smite, smite, smite, smite, smite

this will also let you see the tool tip of what spell you will cast as well as the icon
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

castsequence macro's don't work anymore.

They don't change the buttons unless you haven't pushed it for more than 10 seconds.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    yes it is possible hold on ill link mine that i use in game atm that works perfectly, if holy fire is off cd it casts it if not it casts smite.

#showtooltip

this will also let you see the tool tip of what spell you will cast as well as the icon
    That macro doesn't track the CD of Holy Fire. It will only cast Holy Fire on CD if:

1) You do not press that macro button at all for 10 seconds
    2) You infinitely spam it.

Neither of those are realistic situations, so the macro is useless.

The "reset=10" will only reset the cast sequence if you do not use the macro for 10 seconds. At that point - why have a macro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post

#showtooltip

Works perfectly..most of the time. I've been noticing that it doesn't always cast holy fire, even when fire is ready, seems to skip and just go to smite.
    Well close enough for my needs I guess, thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivicen View Post
    Forumgoers had provided a really handy Smite macro I adopted that went along the lines of:
    /cast [harm,mod:shift][@targettarget,mod:shift] Holy Fire; [harm][@targettarget] Smite