Thread: Favorite quote

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.

Favorite quote

Pick one, any song lyric/movie/speech/play/comic..nothing off limits.

I have three quick ones from a couple different areas

Song lyric (hard to pick)

Well, I went to the doctor
    I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough"
    He said, "I'll break it to you, son
    Your shit's fucked up."
    I said, "my shit's fucked up?"
    Well, I don't see how--"
    He said, "The shit that used to work--
    It won't work now."

Next is a nice play

Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,
    That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
    With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Next is from transmet's spider Jerusalem

These are the new streets of this city, where the New Scum try to live. You and me. And here in these streets are the things that we want: sex and birth, votes and traits, money and guilt, television and teddy bears.
    But all we've actually got is each other.
    You decide what that means.

The Oval Office carpet is thick with Presidential semen. They look out of the window, think "I own you all" and jack off like ugly apes in humping season. It's what they live for. No one who wants that is to be trusted. Why can't you all see that?

A Kenyan man once said to me "you can get used to everything when money's involved". He used to stick mice up his ass for twenty bucks a time.

Lawyers. You can always recognize them by the bad pockets. Lawyers always carry drugs. Ruin the line of their pants.

Every law that curbs my basic human freedom; every lie about the things I care for; every crime committed against me by their politics; that what's makes me get up and hound these fuckers, and I'll do that until the day I die... or until my brain dries up or something.

Barely twenty hours back in the city and I've already gone madder than a bastard on father's day.
    There was a time when I liked a good riot. Put on some heavy old street clothes that could stand a bit of sidewalk-scraping, infect myself with something good and contagious, than go out and stamp on some cops. It was great, being nine years old.

If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Man, I haven't been onstage on a strip club since I was eight. Takes me back... the lights, the creak of the boards, the smell of scrotal sweats and dirty panty elastic...
    I want to see possessed journalists! Yes! I want to see people like me, rising up with hate, laying about them with fiery eyes and steaming genitalia... possessed by ancient volcano gods from the polynesian islands waving vast breasts and improbable penises to the secret chiefs of the worlds... naked god-journalists brown-trousering the naughty twenty-four hours a day... a new planet earth...

Waiter! Fresh underwear, seven blankets and a bucket of moist towelettes!

My household appliance is on drugs. Horrible.

There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long — PEOPLE. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Yeah. I'm calling your "faith" bullshit. This man needs medical help if he can't get through his life without something invisible to believe in. Y'know, I wouldn't mind all this half so much if there was some historical truth in it. This whole concept of "faith"— of believing in something that isn't fucking there — was invented by a man to cover up the cracks in the "christianity" he cobbled together with the Romans. This whole god thing comes from the days when our brains weren't as connected up as they are now, and we all hallucinated daily!

You want to know about voting. I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight. You like to put your feet up and watch "Republican Party Reservation". They like to have sex with normal people using knives, guns and brand-new sexual organs that you did not know existed. So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as the eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.

So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul." So I hit him. What would you do?

Hi. I’m Spider Jerusalem. I smoke. I take drugs. I drink. I wash every six weeks. I masturbate constantly and fling my steaming poison semen down from my window into your hair and food. I’m a rich and respected columnist for a major metropolitan newspaper. I live with two beautiful women in the city’s most expensive and select community. Being a bastard works.

My grandfather had died, and my mother was trying to explain it to me. . . .Grandpa isn't coming back? No, she said. Not ever again. . . . And I remember saying, hold everything right fucking there. You went to all the trouble of conceiving me, and giving birth to me, and raising me and clothing me and all . . . and you make me cry and things hurt so much and disappointments crush my heart every day and I can't do half the things I want to and sometimes I just want to scream — and what I've got to look forward to is my body breaking and something flipping off the switch in my head — I go through all this, and then there's death? What is the motherfucking deal here? I wasn't having this. This was not fair.

Did you ever want to set someone's head on fire, just to see what it looked like? Did you ever stand in the street and think to yourself, I could make that nun go blind just by giving her a kiss? Did you ever lay out plans for stitching babies and stray cats into a Perfect New Human? Did you ever stand naked surrounded by people who want your gleaming sperm, squirting frankincense, soma and testosterone from every pore? If so, then you're the bastard who stole my drugs Friday night. And I'll find you. Oh, yes.

Everyone's looking for someone to blame. Society. Culture. Hollywood. Predators. Looking everywhere but the right place. Children are very simple, Mr. Jerusalem. Very easy devices to break, or assemble wrong. You want to know who did this to these kids? Only their parents. That's the thing no one wants to hear. Every time you stop thinking about how you're treating your kid, you make one of these. It really is as simple as that. It's got nothing to do with the failure of the society or any of that. It's got everything to do with the responsibility of making a human.

The future is an inherently good thing, and we move into it one winter at a time. Things get better one winter at a time. So if you're going to celebrate something, then have a drink on this: the world is, generally and on balance, a better place to live this year than it was last year. For instance, I didn't have this gun last year.

Some days I know that if I let my brain fully understand what my gut was propelling me into, it'd chuck itself out my ear.

When they're not around, I put the TV on. Purely out of curiosity, you understand. Up here, we can snatch some forty thousand channels out of the air. Most of them, of course, are still showing CSI and LAW AND ORDER. There are twelve different channels showing LAW AND ORDER 24 hours a day. In some countries, Jerry Orbach has become a cargo-cult figure. They don't understand the language or much of the situations. They comprehend only that Jerry Orbach is immortal. They watch and divine from the show that he outlives the young gods who are selected to be his assistants. Criminals fall. DAs change. Assistants fade away. Jerry Orbach is forever. Jerry Orbach is, in fact, some kind of avenging God-King who will hunt and incarcerate Scum until the end of time.

LISTEN TO THE CHAIR-LEG OF TRUTH! IT DOES NOT LIE!

Silence, vermin! I am in command here! Who did you vote for, vermin woman? Did you vote? Can you read? Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS! (hopping from car roof to car roof) THUMBS!

Paranoids are just people with all the facts.

Five years of being alone. I can't begin to describe the ways I'll miss the mountain.

If I'M miserable, then EVERYBODY's miserable.

Messianic fuckheads are a superstitious, cowardly lot, and I must strike fear into their hearts.

Ah, Spider's a dirty bastard and a moral vacuum, but you couldn't have a better friend. - Tico

One day I'm going to drop a bomb on this City. A contraceptive bomb.

By four o'clock, I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.
    Joshua Freeh... I know you're trouble. I can smell it. I can feel it in my journalistic gonads. Each and every one of my sperms knows you're bad, and they're churning with hate and murder inside my burning balls, Freeh. CHURNING...

I always thought people were essentially bright. Distracted, sure, and weak, and beaten, but never stupid.

"Some actual journalism, I think."
    "Actual journalism? Is that when you don't commit crimes?"
    "Hell, no. It's when we commit REALLY GOOD CRIMES."

That's right, you take a good long look, you fuckers... you all know it's going to be a matter of time before old Spider finds a way to give you shit, just a matter of time... I've got all day in a fucking penthouse to think up ways to make your lives miserable...

He's prepared to delete the first amendment. He's prepared to kill dissenting voices. He's prepared to do anything to get what he wants. Well, NEWSFLASH: SO AM I.
    They assume, like most people, that fear will do the trick. Fear will keep everyone in place. Fear will keep everyone distracted from what's really going on. Let him know we can beat him up, let him know we could have killed him, let him know we can destroy him, let the fear shrivel him up. Fuck that. I'm not afraid of them. They're afraid of me. They're afraid of the truth.

Ha! No one touch that dog! I'm having that for my fucking DINNER!

what are yours?

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 03:40 AM ----------

None, no favorites? Come on now.

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midsts of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant we should voyage far.

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Spider-Man

That was my senior quote in high school, and I am thinking about having it tattooed on my forehead.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Well behaved women rarely make history -- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ''Looks can be deceiving''
    ''Die monster you don't belong in this world''
    ''Jesus Christ is in Heaven''
    ''Speak with the dead''
    Last edited by Resentful; 2011-05-01 at 01:11 AM.

"We are not retreating - we are advancing in another Direction."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. "

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
    May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

I'll try it your way for once.
    Remember what we used to say?
    JACKPOT!

Dante and Vergil, Devil May Cry 3 mission 19.

Deleted
    These are from Naruto:

(To Sasuke) "Foolish little brother, if you wish to kill me, hate me, detest me. And yet survive in an unsightly way. Run, run and cling to life, and when you have the same eyes as mine, come to me

(To Sasuke) "People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

This one from Bleach:

(To Ichigo Kurosaki) "I suppose it is only to be expected. You have my pity. There is no such thing as 'truth' or 'lies' in this world; there never has been. There is only plain, hard facts. And yet, all beings who exist in this world take only those 'facts' that are convenient to them, and take them to be the 'truth'. They do so because they know no other way to live. However, for those powerless beings that make up the majority of this world it is those 'facts' that are inconvenient for their own self-affirmation that make up the real 'truth'."[

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the quote that has stuck in my mind for decades. It is from Brian Lumley's first Necroscope novel:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lumley
    You're just a mere pup that has never breached a bitch.
    and these are the ones that I've kept over the years. I have a 'quote' document where I add quotes I like:
    Quote Originally Posted by G. K. Chesterton
    An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edith Wharton
    There are lots of ways of being miserable, but there's only one way of being comfortable, and that is to stop running round after happiness. If you make up your mind not to be happy there's no reason why you shouldn't have a fairly good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jr.
    Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Levenson
    Any kid who has two parents who are interested in him and has a houseful of books isn't poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Levenson
    You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita Mae Brown
    One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hubbard
    Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R. Inge
    A nation is a society united by delusions about its ancestry and by common hatred of its neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Frost
    Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mae West or Oscar Wilde
    I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    You can say more in five seconds than you can straighten out in a lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis L'Amour
    Nobody got anywhere in the world by simply being content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Adams
    Ask a deeply religious Christian if he’d rather live next to a bearded Muslim that may or may not be plotting a terror attack, or an atheist that may or may not show him how to set up a wireless network in his house. On the scale of prejudice, atheists don’t seem so bad lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A Edison
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A Edison
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Johnson
    We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have never deceived us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Aiken
    Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Heinlein
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Engels
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Heinlein
    Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve Babitz
    By the time I'd grown up, I naturally supposed that I'd be grown up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
    Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
    A man's respect for law and order exists in precise relationship to the size of his paycheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Andretti
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough

In Tortage from AOC,
    "I am Sancha, mistress of the Bearded Clam".
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve O: "if it didnt bite us how would we ever know?"
    SOAD. this cocaine makes me feel like im on this song: "dont eat the fish"
    Last edited by psdew1813; 2011-05-03 at 09:32 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Never pickpocket a kangaroo"

Deleted
    "It is good for guy to meet girl in the park, it is better for guy to park meat in the girl."

Sorry, inappropriate much?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
    I do not seek the good of others as a sanction for my right to exist, nor do I recognize the good of others as a justification for their seizure of my property or their destruction of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    I swear by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

God damn 10 chars.
    BfA Beta Time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "If you want to be a slave in life, then continue going around asking for others to do for you. They will oblige, but you will find the price is your choices, your freedom, your life itself. They will do for you, and as a result you will be in bondage to them forever, having given your identity away for a paltry price. Then, and only then, you will be a nobody, a slave, because you yourself and nobody else made it so." Terry Goodkind, The Pillars of Creation
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Jesse Ventura, Predator
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.

Don't let the world Influence you, Influence the world.

The first Causality of war is innocence.

I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Riken55 View Post
    I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.
    [First Man] "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
    [Second man] "you have it backwards. it's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees."

~Rise Against.

Deleted
    "you've got your dumb friends
    i know what they say
    they tell you i'm difficult
    but so are they
    but they don't know me
    do they even know you
    all the things you hide from me
    all the shit that you do
    (all the shit that you do)
    you were all the things i thought i knew