Poll: What would you say about Portal 2?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Positive:
    -New stuff
    -Chain puzzles
    -Humor was great, not a moment I didn't smile when the A.I"s said something
    -co-op was fuckin brilliant

Negative:
    -Singleplayer was alot easier than co-op
    -To much use of the gels insted of mixing it up more (mix of gravity beam, gels, jump thingies, etc was perfect in co-op)
    -A lil short (still more than the avarege game nowadays)

Overall 8.5/10...I feel like co-op just needs to get alot more content (or balance singleplayer more) but the game was really worth the money. I'm really glad I have some friends who enjoy playing co-op with me...even more fun to rewatch our recorded gameplay just see how stupid we can be at some points. :P

Everything I thought it would be. Clever, funny, yet kinda creepy at the same time. Had a blast with the multi player mode too. And come on... how can you not love Wheatley and Glados...and the ending... and the music. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved it!

I loved the first Portal it was entertaining, and "Charming" if you will, and the second game I can say topped that. While there were no overly hard puzzles, some gave me quite the time to think, and embarrassingly a couple I had to search for solutions.

They added new elements, and tied them together well but did not overwhelm you with them which was great, and took a basic idea even farther.

But what I loved most about this game was how much it had me smiling. I spent most of my time smirking like an idiot throughout the game and that's truly where this game exceeds most others. Most games you get a smile, a chuckle, a laugh, a cry, but in small moderation and only here and there occasionally, and at the end of the day from beginning to end the game made me all happy and continued to maintain it's charm.

I wouldn't make many changes, maybe less loading screens, but I'm excited for 3 (I hope we go back to the Cave Johnson Aperture Science!)

I also hope they add a small update here or there (puzzle packs) to keep us busy.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Everything was great about it, loved it

Onliest tings I missed a bit were the ninja moves you had to use like in the first portal

Deleted
    Nice humor, Co-op is rather easy, singleplayer is challenging

To short. Gotta wait for Portal 3 which will likely never exist...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    How would you describe Portal 2?
    Did you like it more than the first one? Did you not? Why?
    Did you find it hard or easy?
    What changes would you make?
    Portal 2 is in my opinion the greates and most entertaining puzzle game I've ever played. It has the challenges of puzzles, and they are hard. But it also has the comical part of robots with no emotion and one goal: Science.

I did enjoy it alot more than the first game. It took me 6 and a half hours to complete the game on Single player. I sat like glue at the computer and laughed at Glados and Wheatley aswell as got quite angry at that fucking white gel map where you had to use mass and velocity tricks like 5 times to get up at the platform where you had to go, and you always missed at the fourth jump because lack of space to fly...
    And the second day I went online and found another quite smart player to complete Co-op with. We completed it in about 4 hours. And it was such a great fun, we kind of nearly bonded in someway. Because when we knew that the Co-op was over we fucked around for 20 minutes because we really didn't want it to be over

I found Portal overall quite easy, but there were some maps at the end that got me pissed of as hell. The map I just explained above took me about 40 minutes atleast figuring out and execute out of my 6:30 hours of play. It was of very good difficulty in my opinion. I love puzzle games and challenges within games so Portal did go quite fast to complete for me. But as mentioned it was also great fun, and not only focused on the challenging parts. In Co-op I was Atlas(The blue round robot) and GlaDoS always hacked and harrased him in her speeches and we laughed as hell every time after the maps when she did so :P

I would not make a single change. I seriously couldn't think of anything bad about the game during the about 12 hours of solid fun I had with it. Ofcourse tweaks can be made but they are so minor I don't really care. The single player was of very good length for being single player and was challenging. The Co-op was shorter but having in mind that buddies can't sit as much as a individual can at all times because of schedule and dinner and stuff it was good. And when you have in mind that you play with a complete random over Steam(Like I did) 4 hours for us was a very good length. Less would've been a bit boring and more would've been bad because most people can't sit for that long at all with a stranger.

I also like it alot that the Co-Op's story was a direct follow up of the single players story, which gave it a very pleasing sense of true story and not just a fill in just to have the Co-op and the online play.

Edit: I would actually remove the pay for x model to look different in online play. It was a bad move. I didn't care about it since I wouldn't use it. But the things was quite expensive, and they were there on release day..

Overall rating: 10/10
    As a note. I have not more than 5-10 games that I consider being a 10. Some of which is Super Metroid(SNES), Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(Nintendo64), Chrono Trigger/SNES)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

It was awesome, and definitely better than the first one in my opinion. Portal 2 did a much better job of telling a story than the first, but it was still a fun and challenging game to play through. Not to mention all of the voice acting is excellent and the whole game is humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryguy View Post
    WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, THROW AWAY THOSE LEMONS!!!!11
    GIT MAAAAAAAAAD

Is all I have to say
    I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Deleted
    Best game I have played in quite a while

I think it works as a stand-alone game but it helps to have played the first one. Partly because they throw you right into the action so it helps to already understand portals, but also knowing the backstory makes the continuation super funny. Definitely some cool new mechanics that are clever but anyone who beat Portal should have no trouble at all.

Deleted
    While I agree that the story etc was great I think that the singleplayer was very boring challenge wise
    It was just way too easy and I pretty much zerged to the ending( played only the first 3 maps or so in portal 1, as an indication of experience)
    I really hope they will make more maps available later on, because in all fairness, even though it was faceroll, wtb more.
    Haven't played coop so far but i do hope it brings a challenge to the game.

Was good, but I don't see it being worth the $60 price tag. It has literally no replayability once you beat it. Great game though for what it is.

Cave Johnson was HILARIOUS, I wish there was more of him. I was actually sad when you leave his area. The lemonade rant has to be my new favorite clip from the series.
    -Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft and once killed a dinosaur with a spreadsheet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter451 View Post
    Cave Johnson was HILARIOUS, I wish there was more of him. I was actually sad when you leave his area. The lemonade rant has to be my new favorite clip from the series.
    That rant actually got one of my roommates to play

i've played lots of cool games and i definitely place portal 2 as the best one.
    music, gameplay, humor, characterizations, dialogues.. all of these are A+ quality, never seen a game with all these together before.
    i dare anyone to find some game's characters with more personality than GLaDOS, Wheatley or C. Johnson.
    the ending is really epic, too. not a random sequence just put there to mark the mere end of the game.
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2011-04-28 at 12:45 AM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

can we add a SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE option to the poll?

I loved the game so much, will be replaying the single player very soon while PSN goes back online. Probably one of my favorite games but yea like some have said I hope they patch in more sp/coop/challanges

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Was good, but I don't see it being worth the $60 price tag. It has literally no replayability once you beat it. Great game though for what it is.
    Even if it was $60 (it's actually only $45 at full price), it would still be worth it. I've played the single player mode all the way through 3 times now and it's amazing fun each time, especially if you go after all the achievements (Smash TV especially), find all the hidden areas and listen to the commentary.

Back to the price, everywhere outside the US gets a little screwed over by prices on Steam, but I still only ended up paying the equivalent of $41.55 for it here in the UK, so really not sure where $60 came from!

Anyway, if you still don't think it's worth $40, they're apparently releasing free DLC for it in the future, and then of course there is the mod scene when they release the new SDK. Plenty more fun left to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Even if it was $60 (it's actually only $45 at full price), it would still be worth it. I've played the single player mode all the way through 3 times now and it's amazing fun each time, especially if you go after all the achievements (Smash TV especially), find all the hidden areas and listen to the commentary.

Back to the price, everywhere outside the US gets a little screwed over by prices on Steam, but I still only ended up paying the equivalent of $41.55 for it here in the UK, so really not sure where $60 came from!

Anyway, if you still don't think it's worth $40, they're apparently releasing free DLC for it in the future, and then of course there is the mod scene when they release the new SDK. Plenty more fun left to come!
    console versions are 60.

I loved the game, the story was interesting, the game had me thinking about how to solve puzzles, the end music was even better than before. I also have a new arsenal of quotes.

1. Play through the game in one day
    2. Say "Ah that was nice"
    3. Never think about the game again

Good game but doesn't come close to being "epic" if only for the reasons that it's way too short and that it has zero replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryguy View Post
    WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, THROW AWAY THOSE LEMONS!!!!11
    GIT MAAAAAAAAAD

Is all I have to say
    when i heard that earlier i laughed so hard.