Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Day 2 of the 4.1 fail - still DCing

constant dc in raid. firing my mulitishot on h maloriak has caused me to die/wiped the raid more then once because i would dc and not be able to help with adds, interrupts, traps and Misdirect. After i unchecked net optimization it got a tiny bit better, every time id Multi shot id lag out for bout 10-15 seconds instead of dc, every time we shift vials id lag out for 10 or so sec praying that i am not the red-phase target or im not standing by anyone on blue phase. Attack adds in green phaze? LOL by time i stop lagging green phase is far gone and im standing in some sludge for Black Phase.... I am running lowest settings i can raid with. only running Skada, DBM and Dominoes - All updated to the latest versions, my computer is very high end, my internet is highest available to residential customers in USA what the [insert your own word here] can i do to keep myself from dc and this insane lag? After barely doing 14k dps on an aoe boss i am frustrated beyond normal means. Would love some suggestions...Oh and dont tell me to delete my wtf folder because i dont plan on redoing all of my addons, any other options?

There really isn't anything you can do but remind blizzard how much they suck at life. This is pretty much happening to everyone. My guild is working on heroic al'akir and we pretty much just forfeited a kill because of me dc'ing. Blizzard always manages to find a way to throw a wrench into their own machine. There have been bugs in this game since 4.0. Maybe if we're lucky they'll fix everything before the next expansion. Maybe with their zillions of dollars they get each month from us they can afford to pay a few more programmers so that "they have the resources" to fix bugs on time instead of making us deal with them for 4 months. Seriously blizzard, this is the kind of shit that really makes me want to quit, not burnout, not hard bosses, or lack of updates, but a game that is simply just broken.

damn i was hoping for some actual advice Heroic Halifus and V&T are gonna be fun tomorrow T.T

Must be new around here. This happens every patch. It will be fixed soon enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    constant dc in raid. firing my mulitishot on h maloriak has caused me to die/wiped the raid more then once because i would dc and not be able to help with adds, interrupts, traps and Misdirect. After i unchecked net optimization it got a tiny bit better, every time id Multi shot id lag out for bout 10-15 seconds instead of dc, every time we shift vials id lag out for 10 or so sec praying that i am not the red-phase target or im not standing by anyone on blue phase. Attack adds in green phaze? LOL by time i stop lagging green phase is far gone and im standing in some sludge for Black Phase.... I am running lowest settings i can raid with. only running Skada, DBM and Dominoes - All updated to the latest versions, my computer is very high end, my internet is highest available to residential customers in USA what the [insert your own word here] can i do to keep myself from dc and this insane lag? After barely doing 14k dps on an aoe boss i am frustrated beyond normal means. Would love some suggestions...Oh and dont tell me to delete my wtf folder because i dont plan on redoing all of my addons, any other options?
    stop running skada. it's been known to cause issues.

check your addons. you may not be getting error messages for some of them, and they could be glitching out and causin you to dc. especially anythign having to do witht he combat log. i found a fix for MSBT so thats fine, but i know recount and skada are having issues. until you can find a fix for them you may have to do without someof your addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only dcing me or my friends have encountered has been caused by addons, even newly updated ones have been causing some freezes and dcs for some of us so I would just reccomend running default ui + DBM especially if you're a dps.

I had every one of my raiders disable recount and skada until it was updated last night. It's just obvious how big of an issue that was. Yes there were some random d/c's during the night, but no constant disconnects with these addons disabled.

Also, if you don't want to delete your wtf folder you have no good reason to complain here to be perfectly honest.

No one I know, friend or guild, is having any issues at all past a few addons that were wigging out yesterday and needed to be updated/replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I had every one of my raiders disable recount and skada until it was updated last night. It's just obvious how big of an issue that was. Yes there were some random d/c's during the night, but no constant disconnects with these addons disabled.

Also, if you don't want to delete your wtf folder you have no good reason to complain here to be perfectly honest.
    if i knew that deleting my wtf folder would fix it for sure then i would. but since i am sure that it wont deleting it and spending countless hours re-configuring my ui all over again doesnt seem like a good idea. oh and i wasnt complaining i was asking for advice.... two diff things

Quote Originally Posted by Lektro View Post
    There really isn't anything you can do but remind blizzard how much they suck at life. This is pretty much happening to everyone. My guild is working on heroic al'akir and we pretty much just forfeited a kill because of me dc'ing. Blizzard always manages to find a way to throw a wrench into their own machine. There have been bugs in this game since 4.0. Maybe if we're lucky they'll fix everything before the next expansion. Maybe with their zillions of dollars they get each month from us they can afford to pay a few more programmers so that "they have the resources" to fix bugs on time instead of making us deal with them for 4 months. Seriously blizzard, this is the kind of shit that really makes me want to quit, not burnout, not hard bosses, or lack of updates, but a game that is simply just broken.
    ...The game isnt broken. The third party addons that people are using are causing the DC's. That and every patch day is like this. I highly doubt you are on H- Al'Akir and have yet to realize patch days are usually like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Shit happens.
    It's funny when I get disconnected in the middle of a pull and by the time I get back they're bitching at me, knowing full well the servers are having issues. Gotta love people sometimes. /facepalm

Haven't DCed once. Enjoying the graphics update tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    -Stop using Skada or any other combat logger
    -Disable "Optimize Bandwidth" option
    -Activate DX 11 support in you Video Settings
    -Play without addons for now
    -Delete your WTF, WDB and Cache folder. You can save your profile beforehand.

It's really just trial and error. But there are things you can do.

I don't d/c yet, it's probably your addons?

10+ Year Old Account
    People should just Update their addons every time a patch is out (for now especially combat loggers like recount and skada).
    And people should stop whining about DC'ing when they still have load out of date addons option checked on.

Really? The DCing stopped for me after day 1 of the patch. Its crystal clear for me! Just thought you'd guys would like to know how much better my experience is than yours. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhustle View Post
    I don't d/c yet, it's probably your addons?
    Yeah try checking your addons. My old Skada addon (and recount too) caused me to DC whenever I started dealing damage. Update all your addons and commence playing. I kind of put two and two together when I noticed I would DC during combat and only during combat.

Update recount. If you haven't updated Recount in the last few days then that's what's causing your troubles.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Well we had fun last night on the Omnotron encounter..
    First pull electron was up and at 50 energy arcanotron spawned..when electron ran out of energy another did not spawn so we just carried on nuking electron..when that one went to 0 energy he shut down too and then we were just stood there with all 4 not moving...was kinda weird.

We went out to reset and came back in...next attempt things looked better (apart from a few tries the next one would come to life at about 40 energy)...then toxitron got completely missed out of the rotation...he must of been having a bad day or was tired and just couldnt be bothered coming to life.

We had to call raid after a few magmaw hc tries as we were finding it impossible with lag/dc issues and people with ground spells like healing rain, earthquake, D&D not working properly....was a fun night though as we decided to go and do the new instances instead to relieve boredom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyagaric View Post
    Well we had fun last night on the Omnotron encounter..
    First pull electron was up and at 50 energy arcanotron spawned..when electron ran out of energy another did not spawn so we just carried on nuking electron..when that one went to 0 energy he shut down too and then we were just stood there with all 4 not moving...was kinda weird.

We went out to reset and came back in...next attempt things looked better (apart from a few tries the next one would come to life at about 40 energy)...then toxitron got completely missed out of the rotation...he must of been having a bad day or was tired and just couldnt be bothered coming to life.

We had to call raid after a few magmaw hc tries as we were finding it impossible with lag/dc issues and people with ground spells like healing rain, earthquake, D&D not working properly....was a fun night though as we decided to go and do the new instances instead to relieve boredom!!
    I HAVE noticed ground spells are acting wonky. Thats something I'd like to see fixed.